Become a Patron!

trouble making a good juice...

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I use essential depot products by the gallon. The VG is very clean, sweet, and neutral. The PG seems good too, but I don't use it except to make sweeteners so i'm not the best judge of it. They also have a great price. It's hard to beat 2 gallons for 50$ with free shipping.
Ya but do they do two vg gallons for the same price?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I recently ran out of my gallon of VG before my gallon of PG, so I found some on Amazon. A liter for $13 shipped (Prime).

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Seriously, you can't keep a bottle of water at your desk? Well, how much does that suck? I'll come out there and give them a piece of my mind! I will.
I can keep as much water at my desk as I want. I just can't leave the room to use the restroom during class. You're funny Huck

MD_Boater

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Most single fruit flavors by themselves do not need steeping. They may change a little, but they taste pretty much what they are going to taste like forever right after a shake.
I'd strongly disagree with you on that one mate

Some juices are, as you say ready straight away, many do need a steep, particularly tobacco and bakery type flavours

Just ask any vanilla custard fan

I have a toffee I mix that gets between 2-4 months steep, it becomes much richer with a steep

Many juices will give a chemical or floral taste if they haven't had time for the flavour molecules to infuse properly

But each to their own, whatever works for any individual is right
There was a small omission in my post. Maybe it will be more to your liking now. You are correct. Just about everything with cream, or more than 2 ingredients, will require some steeping for the flavors to blend properly.

particularly tobacco and bakery type flavours
Yes, pretty much all of those.
Just ask any vanilla custard fan
Capella's VC is vapable right after mixing, but it does continue to get better with age.

Apologies to the OP for my previously incomplete comment...

Most juices that I have made are 16% flavoring. I would highly recommend lowering your flavor percentages. Also with TFA flavors they are alcohol based flavorings, so it does take a little bit of steeping time to get the full flavor. I know it's hard to wait for them to steep but if you do they taste a lot smoother and richer.

Ok so i have some ?'s. I just made my first batch and im not impressed. The juice is very harsh and the flavor is not there can anybody tell me what i did wrong. I used the e juice me up calc with all the propor inputs. This is based off testing the juice after shaking, letting breath for 3 hours and steep over night. Do i need to let it steep longer??
Nic- 75mg/ml @4mg strength
Pg- nicvape pg @30 %
Vg- nicvape vg @70 %
Flavor- nicvape real watermelon @10 %

CloudyToday

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok so i have some ?'s. I just made my first batch and im not impressed. The juice is very harsh and the flavor is not there can anybody tell me what i did wrong. I used the e juice me up calc with all the propor inputs. This is based off testing the juice after shaking, letting breath for 3 hours and steep over night. Do i need to let it steep longer??
Pg- nicvape pg @30 %
Vg- nicvape vg @70 %
Hi diesel :) I had alot of problems starting out as well, but I bought some flavors from recipes in the DIY thread, and that started to help me understand how the flavors work. Maybe this will help, although I don't see nicvape on the list, but it's good reference anyway (best viewed with google): https://spreadsheets.google.com/spr..._hQ6Fu8HdEwwR2dLRUJlVjlabEN1NG1ucktuUVE&gid=0

Edit: you can always call the company and ask them what % of dilution ratio they recommend for their product

Last edited:

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Pg- nicvape pg @30 %
Vg- nicvape vg @70 %

drop that percentage to 5% and then work up.. ;)

Ty for the advice, i called nic vape and the recomend 10% so i batched one up at 5% lol. Im going to let this batch sit for a bit and see what happens, meanwhile i bought some TFA flavors im going to try as i have herd some bad things about nicvape flavors. Hows TFA stuff???

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Ty for the advice, i called nic vape and the recomend 10% so i batched one up at 5% lol. Im going to let this batch sit for a bit and see what happens, meanwhile i bought some TFA flavors im going to try as i have herd some bad things about nicvape flavors. Hows TFA stuff???

all juice companies have both good and bad flavors..
it's up to the end taster to make those calls.

CloudyToday

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i'm finding i like the flavour art stuff, but there are some good ones in TFA too, do you know what you want to create? I went all crazy at first as i'm sure most new diy'ers do , I wish i had found this forum first....so if you can learn from my mistake, find a recipe in the diy recipe thread and order those flavors to start with :) I'm no expert, just sharing what has been shared with me and what I've found
Couple places to order sample flavors from:
http://www.eliquidmart.com/flavourart-flavors/
http://www.wizardlabs.com/

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I mixed NV Real Watermelon @ 10%. It was okay but light on flavor for me. Watermelon, to me, is a light flavor naturally. My next batch I think I'll try 12% to see if it starts to get chemical tasting. I liked the flavor at 10%, it was just a bit light.

Jacob1264

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
To get a nice peach flavor using TFA I add mix "Peach Flavor" for a warm fume-like body and "Juicy Peach" for a nice sweet juicy flavor similar to peach Snapple.

Here's what I would use for a juice with a total of 16% flavors

5% Peach (Juicy) Flavor - TFA
3% Peach Flavor - TFA

VU Sponsors