Become a Patron!

Troubleshooting assistance - coils

I have a Subvod and have been vaping for about a week. This morning I got a really dry and nasty chemical taste in a few hits and with some research figured this means the coil needs to be changed. So I got a pack of coils at the vape shop and installed the first one. I had been vaping for maybe a minute before I got the same dry chemical smoky hits. I read some more and figured I must not have primed it correctly (although yes, I did put eliquid on all the designated places) in that I had not let it sit for 10 minutes and I did not do priming hits. So I figured I must have ruined the coil and installed another, primed it, let it sit for 10 minutes and took hits on it without power until I heard some fluid movement. But immediately when applying power, I only got the dry, smoky chemical hits. So I am at a loss right now, not sure what it is I'm doing wrong. Up until now everything has been going smoothly.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Changing the coils in my Crown, I need to take it a step further, after proper priming of the coils. At first, they have an odd more like a metallic flavor, similar to a dry hit though. I think it's due to the wire might having some dirt/machine oil on them. They need some break in time at a lower wattage. I usually don't vape on them right away, but instead of taking a drag, I blow into the drip tip, while fireing. I repeat this, until I get the expected flavor. At first, I blow into the drip tip at least 4-5 times, then take a small test drag, to check the flavor. If it requires more break in, I do the blowing at least another three times. Repeating all as needed, until getting the right flavor.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors