lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
while true there is a difference between a match and a noble gas. so long as they never come to close there will never be a fire unless the match is dropped onto kindling... to put it another way Don't throw insults at the person your free to disagree with there stance and view point but never take it personal like you did when dickless wonder was used. however you three have had a habit of stepping into the ring quite a bit.

[USERGROUP=3]@VU Senior Administrators[/USERGROUP] can feel free to expand on what does and does not break rule 2 but when in doubt use ignore and stick to it.

susieqz

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
well, i have solid reasons to support trump.
the dems want to disarm us.
he appointed an appropriate judge to slow this evil.
anyone who supports the second amendment is on my side.

lordmage

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I wish though that posters could be adult enough to have discussions without going all flame war & feed the troll.
The ability to agree to disagree and go on seems to have gone away in US society.
Paraphrased above
This is how i treat most thing on the internet due to the fact we all do not really know one another.

Some humans feel the need to be Superior over others.
Such as a grammar Nazis, spelling Nazi or other case of intellectual snobbery but then again there are other ways to politely point out a better way to get a message understood.

this is a case where proof reading is a dying art one in which i am guilty of not using quite a lot. Hell Spelling is not even taught in some schools now due to spell check and computers.

then there are those who do it simply for fun or to see how you will respond AKA Trolls which are usually best ignored sometimes they do point out inconsistency's and make others aware that rules as written could be defined better or enforced differently but enforcement is not the spirit of UV and is only done as a last resort.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Disarm us?
The USA spends by far more on military than any other country in the world.
US defense spending accounts for around 37% of all military spending in the world.
I think we also have more foreign military bases than any other nation.

We also have more guns in private hands than any other nation.
We also have a higher gun related crime rate than other modern nations.

I do not think that anyone is talking of disarming.
Well maybe a few but there are always a few...

disclaimer.
I have quite a few guns.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Paraphrased above
This is how i treat most thing on the internet due to the fact we all do not really know one another.

Some humans feel the need to be Superior over others.
Such as a grammar Nazis, spelling Nazi or other case of intellectual snobbery but then again there are other ways to politely point out a better way to get a message understood.

this is a case where proof reading is a dying art one in which i am guilty of not using quite a lot. Hell Spelling is not even taught in some schools now due to spell check and computers.

then there are those who do it simply for fun or to see how you will respond AKA Trolls which are usually best ignored sometimes they do point out inconsistency's and make others aware that rules as written could be defined better or enforced differently but enforcement is not the spirit of UV and is only done as a last resort.
I also think that the decades of fake drama aka reality TV has had an impact on our attitudes.

lordmage

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
well, i have solid reasons to support trump.
the dems want to disarm us.
he appointed an appropriate judge to slow this evil.
anyone who supports the second amendment is on my side.
i have solid reason to distrust him and most government for that matter.
they are all corrupt in one way or another be it special interest groups AKA soft money.

or the say one thing do another way of life they lead.. Obama is famous for saying he would not sign anything that did not pay for it'self yet most things he signed where paid by taking money from elsewhere or via a new tax ... Universal healthcare is a great idea but without an in the black economy it would cost to much to maintain.
"We will build a wall and make them pay for it" sound familiar yet we the tax payers may well indeed pay for it...

I am personally in favor of a true Flat tax but the rich will never support this since it would reduce there piles of money.
In this case the IRS would be the ones finding places for the government to save money there is no need to pay so much for pens and special items that are every day use. you get the idea no more hidden connections back channel deals and such in government contracts and so on.

A true in the black economy for federal and state budgets. Noting is paid for on the backs of the future or the past.
extra money one year is not carried over but reduces the over all flat tax paid the next year.

Your social security should be yours but management of it should be set by an unbiased third party who's only job it is it to make your money earn as much as it can before you hit retirement. the government should not be able to touch or borrow from this ever. IRA's and 401k should be treated as they are with one change they are taxed yearly see flat tax but only when drawn on to retire there should never be a point where there is tax free income.

Healthcare should be universal as in a basic level of care do away with all those third party insurances and price wars.

Rant end early. to many pipe dreams

lordmage

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I also think that the decades of fake drama aka reality TV has had an impact on our attitudes.
i would go further to add the Desensitization in media today is also a large causes every one is after headlines these days and the general public is unaware of how they are drawn to it

susieqz

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
i will never claim that there are polititions in washington who are not corrupt.

the SS thing won't work.
congress looted every penny that was supposed to be in the trust fund.
SS might have worked if that money was properly invested, as promised.

lordmage

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
i will never claim that there are polititions in washington who are not corrupt.

the SS thing won't work.
congress looted every penny that was supposed to be in the trust fund.
SS might have worked if that money was properly invested, as promised.
true but nothing wrong with start a new version for the newer generation and slowly working on paying back the older.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
disarming us citizens is a plank of the dems, according to pelosi.

Not going to happen.
Regardless of any planks.

I do support reasonable restrictions on gun ownership.
The seriously mentally ill, criminals, etc.
In my state there is no provision in the law to seize the firearms (temporally) of someone who is put in a mental institution under the Baker Act which says that they are a danger to themselves or others.
Most are not just treated under Baker Act law one time but are repeats.

In my opinion Pelosi is about as wacked as Trump.

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i would go further to add the Desensitization in media today is also a large causes every one is after headlines these days and the general public is unaware of how they are drawn to it
So much fake manufactured drama today...
Come back to us Walter!
LOL

Our media today is using negative psychological aspects of our society to sell to us.
Sell the 'news', products and viewership in shows.
They do not care if this reinforces and promotes attitudes and actions that are detrimental to our society's best interests.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
the press no longer serves a valuable function.
it is now the propaganda arm of the dem party.
Except for the parts of the press that are the political arm of the Republican party.

I just want accurate factual news not political commentary or slant from either side.

imho Reagan doing away with the Fairness Doctrine enabled the current political bias 'news' outlets to develop into what we have today.
Both the right and left wing 'news' outlets.

I have absolutely no use for the talking head 'news' shows from either political slant.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I just want accurate factual news not political commentary or slant from either side.
Same here. Unfortunately it's far from it.
Mostly it's Dem slanted, since most don't like the pres or agree with anything the WH tries to do, and still reeling from Hillary not being pres.
Talk shows, variety shows, late night shows, morning shows, and on, are mostly all slanted towards dem/far left viewpoints or just pres negative.
To me it's like, most can't see ANY good, it's ALL bad, and will continue to be bad until someone else is elected.

This 100mil yr would be pretty small. It wouldn't affect prices much. If it does get taxed, I kinda see it as a foot, maybe a toe, in the door for lenient restrictions, like having age verified e-tail and legal age B & M. No milk without the cow.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Unfortunately some posters have brought this thread down to the mudpit level.
That seems to be a tactic of Trump supporters though....

Mods, please move this thread to the mudpit.
It serves no further useful purpose for the general population of posters on a VAPING board.

I notice that my 'non' stalkers left the other 2 threads on the same topic alone...

I dunno if I'm one of your "non-stalkers", though I do know I don't stalk you. :D But I generally have a look at any thread you create, because even if I don't always agree with you, I respect your opinions, and find them worthy of reading and discussion. But you're right, some of the folks in this thread have completely trashed it. Same old same old. :deadhorse:

Andria

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It is a shame that this thread has deteriorated into a political free for all, the real point is that the feds and states have found a new cash cow... It will affect all of us regardless of political belief.. As vapers we should he united to fight this. They did it to tobacco, alcohol and gasoline. Now it will be vaping. So call each other names and reach into your pockets because it is going to an expensive ride.....:headbang:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It is a shame that this thread has deteriorated into a political free for all, the real point is that the feds and states have found a new cash cow... It will affect all of us regardless of political belief.. As vapers we should he united to fight this. They did it to tobacco, alcohol and gasoline. Now it will be vaping. So call each other names and reach into your pockets because it is going to an expensive ride.....:headbang:

That's exactly my fear. They didn't impose a 500% or 1000% tax on cigarettes all at once... but pennies at a time, till now, a smoker can either eat, or smoke, but it will be difficult to do both, unless they're independently wealthy. That's exactly why just looking at that $100 million and thinking, oh that's not so bad, is really not a good way to look at it. Because before you know it, it will be $100 BILLION. For something that ISN'T DANGEROUS, and actually works to help people get free of the truly dangerous habit.

It's Tobacco Control that needs to foot the bill for the tobacco tax shortfalls. They were the instigators of the tobacco taxes, they're the fascists that have been ranting endlessly about quitting smoking, so now THEY should pay for it.

Andria

susieqz

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
thing is, i don't now if sin taxes can be fought.
we are evil, since we are addicts n therefore, the righteous
will tax us.
i see the dem governor here has pushed thru an 80%
tax on vape supplies.
no more vape shops here.
the feds are the lest of our worries.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I dunno if I'm one of your "non-stalkers", though I do know I don't stalk you. :D But I generally have a look at any thread you create, because even if I don't always agree with you, I respect your opinions, and find them worthy of reading and discussion. But you're right, some of the folks in this thread have completely trashed it. Same old same old. :deadhorse:

Andria
Nope Pulsevape and the other dude are the ones I was referring to.
You are a friend not a stalker.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
thing is, i don't now if sin taxes can be fought.
we are evil, since we are addicts n therefore, the righteous
will tax us.
i see the dem governor here has pushed thru an 80%
tax on vape supplies.
no more vape shops here.
the feds are the lest of our worries.
Our republican gov and legislature have a vape tax up not sure of the status though.
Republicans and dems both like taxes. they just seldom agree on who to tax ;)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's exactly my fear. They didn't impose a 500% or 1000% tax on cigarettes all at once... but pennies at a time, till now, a smoker can either eat, or smoke, but it will be difficult to do both, unless they're independently wealthy. That's exactly why just looking at that $100 million and thinking, oh that's not so bad, is really not a good way to look at it. Because before you know it, it will be $100 BILLION. For something that ISN'T DANGEROUS, and actually works to help people get free of the truly dangerous habit.

It's Tobacco Control that needs to foot the bill for the tobacco tax shortfalls. They were the instigators of the tobacco taxes, they're the fascists that have been ranting endlessly about quitting smoking, so now THEY should pay for it.

Andria
Ahh but it is a different situation from cig taxes. they are having to raise revenue for lost cig taxes because of dropping sales.
and most states seem to be paying off bonds sold on anticipated Tobacco master settlement funds.
Bonds were of course spent on things not related to smoking or the illnesses acquired by smoking.
so the current cig taxes are just paying off prespent money loans.

Last edited:

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ahh but it is a different situation from cig taxes. they are having to raise revenue for lost cig taxes because of dropping sales.
and most states seem to be paying of bonds sold on anticipated Tobacco master settlement funds.
Bonds were of course spent on things not related to smoking or the illnesses acquired by smoking.
" So it goes"

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
and most states seem to be paying off bonds sold on anticipated Tobacco master settlement funds.

And that's EXACTLY why Tobacco Control should pay for it. One of those MOST responsible for the MSA was this guy Moore from Mississippi, who said to the tobacco companies, "YOU caused this [health] problem, so YOU should pay to fix it." Same logic exactly -- TC has CAUSED this problem, so THEY should pay for it.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And that's EXACTLY why Tobacco Control should pay for it. One of those MOST responsible for the MSA was this guy Moore from Mississippi, who said to the tobacco companies, "YOU caused this [health] problem, so YOU should pay to fix it." Same logic exactly -- TC has CAUSED this problem, so THEY should pay for it.
They should pay to fix it. But you know as well as I do that they won't ever pay even half a dime for that.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Was in a new CVS the other day.
They sell no cigarettes or vape stuff just nic patches, gum, etc and booze.

Glad I quit using them several years ago when they kept messing up my prescriptions, shorting on count and putting wrong label on pills.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It would make no difference as all their money comes from consumers anyway.
aka US.
I know. Even if they do decide to pay to fix it, there can be no guarantee it will be fixed, as online age verification mechanisms are both heavily expensive and severely flawed, and, the legal ban of online sales of vapor products to consumers in my country is among primary reasons why vaping here in Belgium has been visibly in decline for the past 2 years; I'm pretty sure the manufacturers of Nicorette and Champix are still $celebrating$ their $victory$ as I'm typing this.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep I expect online vape sales to be impacted here. As I think most places ban online sales of cigarettes already.
And since the FDA declared vaping to be a tobacco product....
If they make it illegal the CC companys and Paypal would quit accepting payment for online vape sales. Which would do far more to ban online vape sales than simply making it illegal. I mean if you cannot pay online for vape stuff....

Not feeling good about the future of vaping in the USA.
Sure do hope I am wrong though.

Edited for spellink errerz.

Last edited:

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yep I expect online vape sales to be impacted here. As I think most places ban online sales of cigarettes already.
And since the FDA declared vaping to be a tobacco product....
If they make it illegal the CC companys and Paypal would quit accepting payment for online vape sales. Which would do far more to ban online vape sales than simply making it illegal. I eman if you cannot pay online for vape stuff....

Not feeling good abut the future of vaping in the USA.
Sure do hope I am wrong though.
The FDA has recently announced they are soon going to declare it a medicinal product; not sure if they ever will, now that Scott Gottlieb has finally stepped down. PayPal just sucks anyway, but still I feel lucky that my local go to B&M store had managed to winkle out one (just one) Terk V2 RDA, which, for reasons that should be completely obvious, I am vaping on as I'm typing this. I've put it on my Ronin Mods LE US Flag Distressed. 100ml TerkishHarvest, very good medicine TBH. :D

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
here you go https://www.factcheck.org/2017/09/obamas-final-numbers/ i am also done with this thread unless there is a report filed...

Factcheck dot org huh??
rotflmao.gif
That's cute. That's like the jackal working for HenHouseCheck.
Factcheck.org -- A Fraudulent "Fact Check" Site Funded By Biased Political Group

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
if i am to be honest that rule has a wide birth unless it falls under the callout forums listed
(No racist , homophobic, bigoted, sexist terms will be tolerated, including in a user name.)

Those should be self explanatory no calling users one of those types otherwise its a wide birth

since the forum is for adults and the whole idea behind this site was the over censorship at ECF
how ever if there is a report.
Staff will attempt to address the concern and if need be handle all violators.

You keep mentioning this "report em" thing... as though you're soliciting other liberal members
to report @pulsevape. That way, after enough snowflake reports, you can "handle that violator".
It kinda sounds like you're organizing a campaign against conservative speech.

That's the way it's done on Facebook, isn't it? ...the lib-crazies mass-report posts to ban/shut those up
who point out their lies, right? This thread is a lie; Trump has done nothing to harm vaping.

And no matter how much that enrages you, and no matter what dirty names you guys call me,
that will still be true. ;)

Last edited:

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
just to address a few items that maybe taken out of context
1. a staff member @JuicyLucy is free to like a post as that is there freedom of opinion @admin will attest to that
2. @The Cromwell well may have broken rule 2 but seeing how you @pulsevape and @hellcatrydr and him are able to throw your own mud and have done so repeatedly you dont need staff to step in - that is reserved for the member who hits report rather then stepping into the ring.
3. some of your response's are calling everyone bobbie and that gets confusing it might be better to @username them directly.
thankfully one of your links lead to the proper post otherwise i would have inferred you where calling me a dickless wonder which considering how i try not to use childish behavior in my responses lately anyway i will admit i was a bit childish in the past.

I'll bet'cher fun at parties... :)

wheelie

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
WOWEE! Nastiest thread I have ever seen on any forum. See where Trump brings people. No wonder I quit coming to this forum. Good bye.

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
WOWEE! Nastiest thread I have ever seen on any forum. See where Trump brings people. No wonder I quit coming to this forum. Good bye.

It's weird how you showed up to piss & moan about VU...
...and then Whiskey just happened by within 2 minutes and liked your anti VU rant .

Things that make ya go hmmmm.....

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I never post here anymore, but I sure read a lot
WOrvg0X.gif
Oops you just posted :D

But yes the ignore function is necessary here for a handful of posters.
Trumpers seem to be mostly mean bastiges.
although I am sure that not all of them are that way, but as with vaping a few bad apples can make the whole basket look bad.

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dam Deplorables... Always there pointing out that truth stuff. :)

it's getting so you can't even launch false attacks on the president around here. :(

VU Sponsors