Become a Patron!

Trust Amazon for buying batteries?

trpxcst

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey all, question of opinion for you. I received some amazon gift cards that I need to use up, and can't think of anything I need other than some more batteries and kanthal right now (not even any non-vape things). What would you all guess are the chances of these batteries being real or fake:

Your thoughts are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Fad

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If it was a 3rd party vendor on Amazon, I would first check out the seller reviews and other product reviews...

then see if they had an online presence such as a separate website/store and even an eBay presence and make a judement from that.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Speaking for myself no. I only trust reputable retailers that specialize in batteries. There is just too much chance of fakes from amazon resellers. They might even be selling fakes and not realize they are selling fakes.

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If Amazon is the seller yes, 3rd party NO

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I have always had the best of luck with Amazon.

And if the battery comes from their own stock I would not have a problem purchasing from them.

However, you can also look at the reviews of the product from the 3rd party sellers to get some insight and get a good feel about whether or not they are selling genuine goods by reading the reviews carefully to see if the customers really are knowledgeable about the product they have purchased.

And if push come to shove, you can always email Jeff Beso (sp) the owner of Amazon,

Jgoss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I got a couple bad mnke's from amazon last year. They acted like they had been used and were coming to the end of their life.

trpxcst

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for your replies. If I had any "testing equipment" other than my intellicharger and DMM, I'd probably pick them up just to check them out.

Did a bit more digging around and it looks like Amazon proper doesn't sell them, just 3rd pariews. However, the place on Amazon that I buy my kanthal, Lightning Vapes LLC. has the batteries for about an extra $1.50/each. With the reputation they have on both Amazon and eBay, I'll bite the bullet and pony up the extra $3. I'm always a cheap ass bastard, but even I realize the importance of not cheaping out on some things. :)

VU Sponsors