Become a Patron!

trying new flavors ?

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I am new to all of this. so I am trying to find flavors I like. i just got 9 new flavors, small bottles.

what is a good way to test these ? I mean = all different tanks. clean the tank and coil,, replace coil ......etc

I know this is kind of an open ended question. just wondering if there is a method I have yet to think of.

thanx

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I am new to all of this. so I am trying to find flavors I like. i just got 9 new flavors, small bottles.

what is a good way to test these ? I mean = all different tanks. clean the tank and coil,, replace coil ......etc

I know this is kind of an open ended question. just wondering if there is a method I have yet to think of.

thanx

An RDA is a better way to test new flavors, because they're just a lot easier to deal with than any tank. Between flavors, all you need to do is remove the wick, rinse the RDA, dry-burn the coil, and re-wick.

Andria

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do you have an rda? I use a pulse 22 to test all my new juice. Single coil. Pop the wick out, wash the rda off with coil still installed.then dry off rda and dry burn the coil slightly. Strip of cotton and I'm vaping again. Written out seems like a lot but about 5 minutes or so to switch out

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
An RDA is a better way to test new flavors, because they're just a lot easier to deal with than any tank. Between flavors, all you need to do is remove the wick, rinse the RDA, dry-burn the coil, and re-wick.

Andria
Fast on the draw. Lol

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
thanx. that's why I ask.

the only tanks and coils I have are the innokin isub. just got a new 2nd backup.

I would and will get RDA and RTA's. but I am soooo indecisive and FNG that idk what I want.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
While an RDA is a good option, just switching flavors in a tank as long as they are in the same profile, IE: Fruits., Deserts, Tobaccos or Menthol/Mints it works as I have done it for years. Wasted a bunch of coils when I started because of ID-10-T's who said you can't use the same one. Good Luck

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've always liked single coil better, period -- better flavor, easier, more economical (the way to use up an OCEAN of ejuice really fast is LOTS OF HEAT! Dual-coil is HOT!).

I can't really help on choice of RDA, because I like a cool, very tight-draw vape, and RDAs like that are pretty damn thin on the ground... but others will be able to chime in with good single-coil RDAs that offer great flavor -- you really don't need whipped-cream clouds while you're just trying to taste new flavors!

Be warned though: if you get accustomed to the great flavor of an RDA, the tanks will seem a bit anemic. ;)

Andria

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've always liked single coil better, period -- better flavor, easier, more economical (the way to use up an OCEAN of ejuice really fast is LOTS OF HEAT! Dual-coil is HOT!).

I can't really help on choice of RDA, because I like a cool, very tight-draw vape, and RDAs like that are pretty damn thin on the ground... but others will be able to chime in with good single-coil RDAs that offer great flavor -- you really don't need whipped-cream clouds while you're just trying to taste new flavors!

Be warned though: if you get accustomed to the great flavor of an RDA, the tanks will seem a bit anemic. ;)

Andria
I still get good flavor from tanks but it's more of a dry flavor if you know what I mean. More of a "juicy" vape with and rda

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I still get good flavor from tanks but it's more of a dry flavor if you know what I mean. More of a "juicy" vape with and rda

Since I got used to my Achilles, I can't get anything from any tanks except frustration.

Andria

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
While an RDA is a good option, just switching flavors in a tank as long as they are in the same profile, IE: Fruits., Deserts, Tobaccos or Menthol/Mints it works as I have done it for years. Wasted a bunch of coils when I started because of ID-10-T's who said you can't use the same one. Good Luck

yeah, that's what I have been doing, just now did it. a new cherry tobacco = way to much tobacco, kinda tastes like soap :blech:.
I dumped the tank and put in something I know I like. it just takes a little while for it to change over :wait:

G>O>M

Member For 1 Year
i just did the same thing with 35 different flavours

what worked for me with the least amount of effing around
line em up in groups from fruit to sweet to mint to menthol in what you thing will be the weakest to the strongest
.4 ohm single coil
start by sucking out the last with a long syringe then take a few puffs
add enough to go just over the first intake hole
puff that down till almost gone
fill to 1 1/2 - 2 intake holes .. puff down a bit and then mark down your score on a piece of paper
back to start
suck out the rest with a long syringe then take a few puffs

took me a couple of weeks to get through them all
but the answers were worth it

ie
most are crap ... or to sickly sweet to puff for long
but
rose / milk .. slightly sweetened .. rocks

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
There are a bunch of ways to do your testing. IMO single coil RDA and rayon are the ticket to doing it the most inexpensive and easiest testing. I use an Entheon RDA. You can get them in clone. It is excellent at reproducing flavors and for testing, don't wick it to the deck, just pull enough through the coil to let you saturate it and then test your flavor. Remove it, then rinse or pulse clean and repeat.

I use scrap coils and pieces of wire and generally very low wattages so as not to affect the composition of whatever is being tested with too much heat.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
thanx everyone. I am going to get one of those. perhaps black Friday.

VU Sponsors