Become a Patron!

Trying to Get into DIY Need Some Advice

Moniker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My financial situation is really bad (ramen and rice are my bffs bad) so I have a really minimal budget to feed my addiction and pay my bills so Im looking to cut costs where ever possible. I have been dripping 12mg juice (harsh and old af) that I bought when I had a bit more free money and some 6mg I managed to find for really cheap.

What I am trying to do is get started with minimal investment and save money where ever possible.

What I Already Have.

LA Strawberry 1 dram
LA Maple 1 dram
LA Raspberry 1 dram
LA Peach 1dram
LA Strawberry-Kiwi 1dram
(Not the best but I know but I got them for free the person I helped move was just going to leave them.)

Any recipes you can thank of would be appreciated, I'd experiment but I cant afford the waste.
I can get VG cheap locally and not have to pay to shipping.

The main thing I would like help with is recipes for what I have now and a cheap nic and flavor provider for the future.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why don't you use stand alone flavours rather than mixing up?? Just start off easy.
And as for nicotine I'm sure your shop would help you out.
When I started DIY I used a vanilla custard stand alone recipe and I still use it to this day.
Simple recipes have worked out better for me than experimenting with complex recipes than just taste like shit LOL!
I've been doing DIY for quite a while now an still keep things simple.

I don't know what nicotine strength you can get in the US. It's getting pretty hard in the UK. You can only get 72mg and only a certain amount

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I started DIY this year. I'm not too familiar with LorAnn flavors. I think that company had to re-do alot of flavorings because of colorings and such. Some have oils which shouldn't be vaped. You might be in possession of flavoring similar to Watkins. I really dont know tho. My point is, make sure the flavors you have are safe.

My suggestion would be go to BullCity Flavors or NicRiver and order some cheap 10ML bottles. TFA makes some very good/safe flavorings. On either site they are $1.25-1.29 per 10ML.

For DIY you need to plan for the long haul. It IS way cheaper than buying from stores. But you need to invest in it to a certain point. Being broke doesn't help at all. Research is your freind when starting to mix.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I started DIY this year. I'm not too familiar with LorAnn flavors. I think that company had to re-do alot of flavorings because of colorings and such. Some have oils which shouldn't be vaped. You might be in possession of flavoring similar to Watkins. I really dont know tho. My point is, make sure the flavors you have are safe.

My suggestion would be go to BullCity Flavors or NicRiver and order some cheap 10ML bottles. TFA makes some very good/safe flavorings. On either site they are $1.25-1.29 per 10ML.

For DIY you need to plan for the long haul. It IS way cheaper than buying from stores. But you need to invest in it to a certain point. Being broke doesn't help at all. Research is your freind when starting to mix.
+1 for this. Tfa is what I use

Moniker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Why don't you use stand alone flavours rather than mixing up?? Just start off easy.
And as for nicotine I'm sure your shop would help you out.
When I started DIY I used a vanilla custard stand alone recipe and I still use it to this day.
Simple recipes have worked out better for me than experimenting with complex recipes than just taste like shit LOL!
I've been doing DIY for quite a while now an still keep things simple.

I don't know what nicotine strength you can get in the US. It's getting pretty hard in the UK. You can only get 72mg and only a certain amount
Im all about keeping it simple and plan to for a little bit. shops around here dont carry anything useful for diy. Us is a bit more relaxed as far as liquind nic for now.

Moniker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

I appreciate your concern these are not oils and im not terribly concerned with dyes or my health. thank you never heard of bull city Ill check them out. Well aware of the investment and planning its why im piecing things together slowly.

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
+1 for bull city, they're pretty cheap, and got great service. I'd also recommend checking out the DIY deals sticky, might be able to catch a cyber Monday deal. I'm with Skold here in keeping it small. I'd go with 3% LA raspberry 2% LA strawberry. Also you can use 2% strawberry kiwi 1% LA strawberry and 2% LA peach. Sorry but maple doesn't really go with any of those IMO. Hope ya can get started soon without breaking the bank dude.

I'm a KISS guy
Keep
It
Simple
Stupid

Moniker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
+1 for bull city, they're pretty cheap, and got great service. I'd also recommend checking out the DIY deals sticky, might be able to catch a cyber Monday deal. I'm with Skold here in keeping it small. I'd go with 3% LA raspberry 2% LA strawberry. Also you can use 2% strawberry kiwi 1% LA strawberry and 2% LA peach. Sorry but maple doesn't really go with any of those IMO. Hope ya can get started soon without breaking the bank dude.

I'm a KISS guy
Keep
It
Simple
Stupid
I figured Id just use the maple by itself or pick up some cotton candy flavor thanks this is very helpful I had know idea about the percentages to use for LA flavors.

VU Sponsors