Become a Patron!

Trying to pair a regulated tube with a clearomiser or RTA tank

Bathory

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Currently trying to learn about the hardware to make up a kit that I can use for a long while. It is quite hard to piece it all together.

Have been a heavy at times chain-smoker since I was 13 and am 50 now, I have given up numerous times, & sadly, always revert under stress.. so I really want to make this work

I am buying for my brother too, So I can get different hardware for 2 separate kits and we can try them and learn from them and then buy up any extra's we need to both have good set up.

So far I understand (or I think I have it right) that I want;

Don't understand the ohms yet, but Aspire Nautilus' are low watt 'Mouth to Lung' types of tanks which can expand up to a bit of a Throat Hit. That said I doubt i will ever be a Cloud Chaser. I want a few different feel tanks but would like them to all use the same coils.

Regulated low wattage (1 to 50 watts?) tube mod for MTL which will allow me to move to more of a hit later when I am used to vaping? Also saves batteries & juice & can just start vaping with out the electronics knowledge w/o blowing my head off.

A mod I can put a fresh battery in and in a tube shape. I'd prefer authentic and am ok to pay a bit more for it. As much as I love solid quality & basic systems the box mods are to masculine for me and I want to feel comfortable. The 1800 batteries size seem the most common so would like to go with them.

My nature is that I will geek out one time on something, really enjoy learning about it and get the best I can. But then will be loath to go back in later and relearn again, hence not wanting a throw away.

*I am struggling to understand what watts in the regulated tubes go with what tanks and coils.

*Also is variable wattage and volts the same as temperature controlled and are they the 'regulated' mods?

*Are the RTA's and Clearomisers the same but for that you build coils for RTA?

*Can anyone suggest some combo's of Regulated Tubes and non drip Tanks.

Any way thank you to anyone that answers these questions, hopefully some answers to this stuff and corrections where I am off will help me choose some gear!!

PS
A pic of a ecig I tried once ages ago, before nicotine juice became illegal to buy in Australia. I didn't like the sweetness & lack of power.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 6

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I want a few different feel tanks but would like them to all use the same coils.
I wouldn't count on that. For the same reason Sony games don't fit Xbox. Coils are the "repeat sales" part of vaping, Best I can suggest is buy rebuildable atomizers. I know kanger toptank or bottom tank mini has a mini rba you can build coils on. It is easy, just a matter or wrapping a wire around a nail. (well actually the little screwdriver that comes with the tank). There are larger tanks but the kanger is pretty close to a M2L set up and you can run it as a M2L tank.

Your watts are determined by 2 things. The mass of your coil (thin wire heats easier than thick wire) and how warm you like your vapor. You also have to allow for airflow, which cools your coil so you don't burn the wick, but that is adjust as you go. Start low, work your way up. (with both watts and air)

*Are the RTA's and Clearomisers the same but for that you build coils for RTA?
That is correct.

I always like to recommend kanger toptank mini. Not that is is any better or worse than others, but it is what I have used for over a year (on and off.. usually I use an rda). I know they are pretty sturdy, can be rebuildable or you can buy factory coils, your choice, easy to fix, and don't usually leak if put together properly. (like sometimes you might not have the coil quite tight enough, for example)

Others may have more info on other tanks suitable for you as a newer vaper (tank should be able to do M2L) that are just as good as my recommendation.

I don't know of any fully regulated tube mods. Maybe someone else does.

Bathory

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I wouldn't count on that. For the same reason Sony games don't fit Xbox. Coils are the "repeat sales" part of vaping, Best I can suggest is buy rebuildable atomizers. I know kanger toptank or bottom tank mini has a mini rba you can build coils on. It is easy, just a matter or wrapping a wire around a nail. (well actually the little screwdriver that comes with the tank). There are larger tanks but the kanger is pretty close to a M2L set up and you can run it as a M2L tank.

Your watts are determined by 2 things. The mass of your coil (thin wire heats easier than thick wire) and how warm you like your vapor. You also have to allow for airflow, which cools your coil so you don't burn the wick, but that is adjust as you go. Start low, work your way up. (with both watts and air)

That is correct.

I always like to recommend kanger toptank mini. Not that is is any better or worse than others, but it is what I have used for over a year (on and off.. usually I use an rda). I know they are pretty sturdy, can be rebuildable or you can buy factory coils, your choice, easy to fix, and don't usually leak if put together properly. (like sometimes you might not have the coil quite tight enough, for example)

Others may have more info on other tanks suitable for you as a newer vaper (tank should be able to do M2L) that are just as good as my recommendation.

Thanks very much GBalkam.

Yes I keep seeing Kanger around, as if they are long established and still respected, same with Aspire tanks, sometimes I've seen tanks for sale where you have to choose the ohm level, I think once I grasp that, I will be able to choose a few bits of hardware, be able to match the ohms to tank & Battery Tube

I have seen regulated Tubes (well I think they are in my limited understanding,) not as many and I had to hunt for them

Here is one, (I think) but only up to 15 watts http://www.beyondvape.com/store/var...pire-mod-stainless-steel-unit-only-p-870.html It must be old.

This leads me to ask is buying outdated hardware bad? If I could find something from 2014 that suited my needs is it a risk I won't be able to use it with in another year etc?

Bathory

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

That is correct.

This looks pretty versatile, "the Triton has .4 ohm coil heads with a wide open draw and also 1.8 ohm coil heads for mouth to lung vapers. It also has an rta kit you can buy separately."
[edit; more info]Also there's a kit to build rta coils, plus it takes a few types of coil.

Bathory

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
here's a comp between Kanger and Aspire clearomiser, they're subtanks but seems both do MTL

This reviewer, TiaVapes, apparently favors MTL vaping, there's only minor crits of either.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Thanks very much GBalkam.

Yes I keep seeing Kanger around, as if they are long established and still respected, same with Aspire tanks, sometimes I've seen tanks for sale where you have to choose the ohm level, I think once I grasp that, I will be able to choose a few bits of hardware, be able to match the ohms to tank & Battery Tube

I have seen regulated Tubes (well I think they are in my limited understanding,) not as many and I had to hunt for them

Here is one, (I think) but only up to 15 watts http://www.beyondvape.com/store/var...pire-mod-stainless-steel-unit-only-p-870.html It must be old.

This leads me to ask is buying outdated hardware bad? If I could find something from 2014 that suited my needs is it a risk I won't be able to use it with in another year etc?
I wouldn't really call that unit outdated, it is what it is. Basically, an epen style for use with low wattage tanks. I started with something similar a year ago. 6 to 16 watts, and the coils were 1.8 to 1.5 ohm.

Now, that kanger tank I mentioned can be built to run on less than 15w. I've built mine to run at 10w on my first epen. (they run better at 27W to 50W)

Now that said, if you aren't firmly set on the tube form factor, there are much better regulated mods available. That kanger toptank actually comes in a kit paired with a 75w box mod. What this means is, you will get more "future options" once you have vaped a bit. I believe the kanger comes with a 0.30 ohm coil that runs around 30w.

Reason I am mentioning this, if I had known what I do now, when I purchased my epen, I would have skipped the epen, saved myself the $79.95 +tx and just gone with that kanger kit.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
here's a comp between Kanger and Aspire clearomiser, they're subtanks but seems both do MTL

This reviewer, TiaVapes, apparently favors MTL vaping, there's only minor crits of either.

I've heard both are good tanks. I have only used the Kanger though. It would be silly recommending something I hadn't used. lol

Bathory

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I wouldn't really call that unit outdated, it is what it is. Basically, an epen style for use with low wattage tanks. I started with something similar a year ago. 6 to 16 watts, and the coils were 1.8 to 1.5 ohm.

Now, that kanger tank I mentioned can be built to run on less than 15w. I've built mine to run at 10w on my first epen. (they run better at 27W to 50W)

Now that said, if you aren't firmly set on the tube form factor, there are much better regulated mods available. That kanger toptank actually comes in a kit paired with a 75w box mod. What this means is, you will get more "future options" once you have vaped a bit. I believe the kanger comes with a 0.30 ohm coil that runs around 30w.

Reason I am mentioning this, if I had known what I do now, when I purchased my epen, I would have skipped the epen, saved myself the $79.95 +tx and just gone with that kanger kit.

Hiya GBalkam,

That's a really good tutorial, I am watching it right now, thanks so much. I like seeing him use 8 watts and around that range, the only person I know who vapes mentioned to me he never goes above 8 on a Volcano regulated Lava Tube something or other, (sadly, sold out). I know now, I need a clearomiser that can take below 1 ohm and above and the mod to range from under 10 to 50 watts at least.

Ah right, I just went to subscribe to this guys chan and see it is you! Excellent.

Your reasoning on skipping epens is similar as mine, I can really enjoy a learning curve once only. So I will do best I can now, as later I'd bet money I'll have lost the keen interest needed and won't be as inclined to learn what I need to upgrade. But to be horribly honest, maybe the nico addiction in me 35 years of smoking might keep me learning.

I will include a clearmoiser type coil building kit with either the Kanger or Aspire, they're only 10 dollars or so and will he handy regardless of if or not I make it to RDA.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Hiya GBalkam,

That's a really good tutorial, I am watching it right now, thanks so much. I like seeing him use 8 watts and around that range, the only person I know who vapes mentioned to me he never goes above 8 on a Volcano regulated Lava Tube something or other, (sadly, sold out). I know now, I need a clearomiser that can take below 1 ohm and above and the mod to range from under 10 to 50 watts at least.

Ah right, I just went to subscribe to this guys chan and see it is you! Excellent.

Your reasoning on skipping epens is similar as mine, I can really enjoy a learning curve once only. So I will do best I can now, as later I'd bet money I'll have lost the keen interest needed and won't be as inclined to learn what I need to upgrade. But to be horribly honest, maybe the nico addiction in me 35 years of smoking might keep me learning.

I will include a clearmoiser type coil building kit with either the Kanger or Aspire, they're only 10 dollars or so and will he handy regardless of if or not I make it to RDA.
kanger includes a rebuildable mini RDA coil in the box with the tank. LOL Hell.. I still have the factory made coils in little plastic baggies. Used them once.. then started using the RBA.

My camera isnt great, and I dont really do any editing.. basically.. it is "ok if this clown can do it..anyone can!" So I leave my mistakes in (like dropping the stupid pliers). I find a lot of people like that, because Im just some regular guy, not some vape shop owner or manufacturer.

I smoked for over 20 years, and haven't had a smoke in over 13 months now. Coil building is a great hobby, Cloud chasing is too.. mostly its a reason to build coils. LOL. Which is why I had over 800 feet of coil wire.. down to about 500 now.. i ran out of stainless steel. LOL.

Bathory

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
kanger includes a rebuildable mini RDA coil in the box with the tank. LOL Hell.. I still have the factory made coils in little plastic baggies. Used them once.. then started using the RBA.

My camera isnt great, and I dont really do any editing.. basically.. it is "ok if this clown can do it..anyone can!" So I leave my mistakes in (like dropping the stupid pliers). I find a lot of people like that, because Im just some regular guy, not some vape shop owner or manufacturer.

I smoked for over 20 years, and haven't had a smoke in over 13 months now. Coil building is a great hobby, Cloud chasing is too.. mostly its a reason to build coils. LOL. Which is why I had over 800 feet of coil wire.. down to about 500 now.. i ran out of stainless steel. LOL.

800 feet of wire :) god lova ya. :cheers:

Yeh I looked at another of your tutorials too, the others can seem to be selling their sponsors which makes them harder to trust, as everything they review is the best ever, but then again, how hard are these things to make and it is just refining and improving as the new models come out I guess, but yeh, yours was refreshing with out the sales pitch. The hat With all that said I have learned a lot from them and, some pro's I do like who seems across it all and kinda honest is Suck My Mod and ProfessorVapes.

Have ordered some juice, still tossing up on the gear.

VU Sponsors