Become a Patron!

Trying to Quit in Tennessee!

loki1967

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hello all! I have cut my smoking back from about a 2 pack a day average to about a half a pack a day buy vaping. I really want to quit and be done with smoking completely. Any tips?

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
What kind of E-cig are you using?

The more info you can give us the better we can help you!

loki1967

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Currently I have a KMax VV/VW, a Nemesis Clone, and a Maraxus Clone using a Kayfun Clone and an IClear 30 as a back up.
Having problems with the Nemesis switch at the moment and it is driving me nuts.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
A wonky switch is enough to make anyone cranky!

Can you describe what is happening?

loki1967

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Its crunchy and sometimes it hits like a beast, but sometimes you can hit it and it be awesome, never even move your finger positon and hit it again and it won't hit at all. I have cleaned and polished all of the threads and the pins. Sometimes it works perfectly for days and then it gets to where you really have to mess with the button to get it to hit.

Arnie H

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hello all! I have cut my smoking back from about a 2 pack a day average to about a half a pack a day buy vaping. I really want to quit and be done with smoking completely. Any tips?

Congrats on cutting back. You could raise your nic level or try some stronger juices. Do more lung hits, try dual coils, etc. Some folks are able to quit quickly for others it takes more time. Nothing wrong with being a dual user. Stick with it. Make your mind up 100 percent to quit smoking entirely and you WILL be successful. Regardless of the method you choose to quit smoking.

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
No pressure Loki , your on the right track . I did the same first couple of weeks . Keep in mind nic. level you need and flavor you like . After a while you just don't want another smoke.

MD_Boater

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tips - Don't TRY to quit smoking. Start vaping, keep your nic levels high enough to stop urges. Smoke if you feel like you want, or need to. Sooner or later, you will just get to the point where you start liking vaping so much more than smoking that you just won't want to smoke any more. It'll happen on its own. Don't force it. Just let vaping win on its own merits.

I started vaping 11/1/2013, smoked my last cigarette on 11/6/2013, and can't even stand to take 1 puff off of a cigarette these days. I hate the way that they taste, and hate the way that they smell even more. A buddy handed me a lit cigarette a few days ago outside at work while he ran back in to get his car keys. I held a burning cigarette for 5 minutes, and never once thought about putting it in my mouth. Vaping win.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Like MD said, don't rush the process. It will just leave you uncomfortable.

At first, I just had to have a stinky or two in the morning and occasionally during the day and for last toke of the evening.

But in two weeks, I was done with smoking and just did not want them anymore.

A few months later I found an old pack and decided to try one.

Thought I was going to throw up.

Never again!

You will get there, trust me.

loki1967

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think I have found a home here! Thanks all! Oh, I fixed my Nemesis as well..... I took it completely apart to clean it again and for some reason the space between the bottom pin and the button housing had gotten pretty tarnished. I cleaned it with a Q-Tip and rubbing alcohol.... as well as all of the threads on everything and it is working great now.

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah the nemmy does benefit from a magnet upgrade too. I quit smoking the 1st day I had an ecig. That was over 4 years ago when all that was available was a cig-a-like. I just made the decision that I was no longer going to smoke. Still a happy Vaper to this day!

Chainvapor :)

Also in the great state of Tennessee and started vaping December 2010 because of a 2 pack a day habit.For myself it was more of the " routine" that kept me smoking and after 3 days of vaping in the dark days with stick styled batteries and fluval filled atty's I hung on and quit smoking.Congrats on being well on your way.For me the biggest help was finding a juice that I liked and at that time it was Totally Wicked's tobacco.

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
BTW - I am in Tennesee as well. Forgot to mention that in my last post. What part of TN are you from c623cc and loki1967?? I live east of Knoxville.

Chainvapor :)

loki1967

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Where are you Chainvapor?

loki1967

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Cool..... I used to live in Knoxville

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i have driven thru tennessee, does that count? spent 4 hours at the waffle house in the mountains outside chattanooga cause of fog. will never forget that.

loki1967

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Of course it counts! Waffle house is awesome

Jonathan Tittle

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ah, fellow vapers from TN :) - I'm in Johnson City. That puts most of us 1-2 hours away from each other!

The Nemesis clones can be finicky for sure. I have one and the button was always crunchy until I went with the magnets and a little bit of lubricant (just make sure it's one that won't dry out, crust up, gum up etc - many of them will). I picked up the HCigar version, though this could be done with any of them and it's an $8 fix (FatDaddyVapes Magnets).

loki1967

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I got magnets today! It did help. What lubricant would you recommend? Dielectric grease or more along the lines of Vaseline?

robtest

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I grew up in Kingsport, went to college in Cookeville, didn't even start smoking until after I moved down to Atlanta...

loki1967

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Cookeville would be dead without Tennessee Tech. It's like a ghost town when classes are out. ..

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I kept an empty pack of cigarettes in my usual reach for one spot. I'd pick it up, see it was empty and say to myself....you vape now.

Good job on cutting back. You'll stop when you're ready.:)

Jonathan Tittle

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I got magnets today! It did help. What lubricant would you recommend? Dielectric grease or more along the lines of Vaseline?

I'm a bit biased as the lubricant I use is one that I developed over 8 months of working with manufacturers here in the US. It's a thicker, almost, but not quite grease-like (not like lithium - not quite that thick) lubricant which was actually developed for use on firearms where lubricity is required for day to day functionality in various weather situations. It's a waterproof lubricant that prevents rust, corrosion, and build up.

I'm just at the point of testing it on mods and making sure it's safe to use. While it is non-toxic, it is a grayish in color, so I'm not sure how we'll it'll work on some finishes :). I know it works on cerakote, durakote, parkerized and anodized coatings though, but it's mainly been for personal use right now.

I can't think of a direct comparison right off, though DE grease should do the job, but you'll have to test out or ask the manufacturer how well it performs in terms of whether it'll dry out due to the air exposure and check to make sure that in the event your mod gets warm to hot, that it won't end up burning due to a low-temp threshold.

loki1967

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
After another really good cleaning with Q-tips and Alcohol and the magnet upgrade, my nemesis is working perfectly and I have only smoked maybe 5 analogs in the last 2 days! I rewarded myself with a new hcigar kayfun clone that I am loving! I also bought an Omega Clone and thought I might try my hand at dripping, but that hasn't worked out well so far... lol. Thanks for all of the help!

Jonathan Tittle

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I rewarded myself with a Magma Clone from Infinite. Hoping it's as good as others say it is. Nobody has them locally, otherwise I'd of kept the money here in TN :).

loki1967

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I haven't bought any infinite clones yet but everything I have seen from them is excellent quality

Jonathan Tittle

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I haven't bought any infinite clones yet but everything I have seen from them is excellent quality

I should find out either this week or on Monday whether their Magma Clone is worth the praise it's getting. If it is, then I'm going to try and pick up an authentic as I really love the overall design of the atty.

hitman4274

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Also in the great state of Tennessee and started vaping December 2010 because of a 2 pack a day habit.For myself it was more of the " routine" that kept me smoking and after 3 days of vaping in the dark days with stick styled batteries and fluval filled atty's I hung on and quit smoking.Congrats on being well on your way.For me the biggest help was finding a juice that I liked and at that time it was Totally Wicked's tobacco.
do you even vape bro? jk haha you said fluval kicking it old school

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I ordered a Magma clone. From what I can tell from the pictures, it looks like a clone of a fogger v4 with drip wells instead of a tank. Holes coming in from the side and out right under the coils for maximum air flow. I will be excited to try it since I have a fogger v4 and love it.

CV :)

do you even vape bro? jk haha you said fluval kicking it old school

Of course I moved on up and finally ended up going the genesis route and recently to a "kayfun" clone on a mech mod.Tried dripping early on and wasn't much of a fan until the drip shield came out but,now that drippers have finally caught up intending on revisiting a few of those.

Jonathan Tittle

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Received it, built it and I'm vaping on it now. It's actually really nice and it's a solid atty; a bit hefty, but solid. In comparison to the Crown Clone that I've been testing, I don't really get more or less flavor though. The biggest benefit is that you can set the airflow for single and dual coils and that the drip well is nice and deep, so you're not dripping as often.

loki1967

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Bought a tohb today myself and some 4mg strawberry cupcake.... pretty good!

loki1967

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Loving the new atty! Thanks for the encouragement all..... Smoking less analogs every day!

I smoked on and off a few days in to vaping, then when did a whole 24 hrs without...... I knew I had won.
It is amazing how nicotine addiction makes you choke on the smoke. I am 2 months free! after 35 years smoking hand rolling tobacco and all sorts of weed. I just myself an ed hardy t shirt.... and i still got some pennies in the bank. Go for it, easier than you realise. Regards from Essex, UK.

VU Sponsors