Become a Patron!

Trying to upgrade to a smok mod and an RBA. Someone please HALP!

Twisted21Chaos

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi all,
I have been vaping for a few months using an aspire CF VV with an aspire nautilus tank. I would like to upgrade to a mod for bigger clouds, longer battery life and, an RBA.

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Twisted and welcome.

Here are a couple pointers...

Move into a mod you can grow into, but is easy to learn and inexpensive.
It should be regulated and support a removable 18650 battery.
The eLeaf Pico and various Joyetech mods are an excellent place to begin your search. There are gobs of great mods out there.

For your tank, I would suggest something that supports an eco-system of coils. That is what you're really buying...
What I mean by that is that certain coil head designs over time, due to their popularity, have been adopted by mannny tank makers.

Both Aspire Triton and Evo coils fit in dozens of tanks made be other companies.
And there are gobs of different coil head designs and resistances for it later when you're ready.

Remember, the coil head is what your vaping, It's nice to have a tank with sooo mannny choices in coils.
I'd say get an Aspire Evo tank.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The Pico is quite a bit smaller, weighs quite a bit less. It takes only one 18650 battery, whereas the Rx200 takes 3, and also allows for much higher wattage. There's also the Rx2/3, which has separate battery doors, so can be a 2 battery, or 3 battery mod. The 200 and the 2/3 will each need married sets of batteries.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
You should take a look at Cloud Chasers forum. Sounds like that is where your interest lies. They will be happy to help.

Twisted21Chaos

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks huckleberried!
Wismec Reuleaux RX200S 200W TC Box Mod
This what I'm looking at my friend can help teach me how to make my RBA.

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just my 2 cents but if your really interested in building skip the rba. They can be very fidgety, easy to break and overall pita. I had my subtank rba for a month be4 i made the switch. If your adamant about an rba subtank is one the better 1's.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Judging from where you're coming from, I'd say forget dual battery mods right now. Stick with a single battery mod for a while, and grow into the dual battery mods later.

You will be stunned at the amount of power a single 18650 battery can produce considering what you've been using.

HendrixVapes

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
In my experience, the alien 220w kit with the rba coil head sounds like exactly what you want, the alien is an all around good mod (besides paint chipping) and the baby beast rba head is phenomenal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twisted21Chaos

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I went and bought the Reuleaux RX200S with the Griffin 25 RTA tank. I built dual coils using my fancy new coil master, and used some cotton bacon... but I'm still not 100% sure how my watts and voltage should be set. my ohms are reading at .40

Twisted21Chaos

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
oh and I used 26 Ga SS 316L for my coils... not sure if that matters.. I have it set to the SS option on my mod.... Obvi :giggle:

VU Sponsors