Become a Patron!

Tsunami 24 vs Tsunami 24 plus

Lem87

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Wondering which is the best for flavour out of the Tsunami 24 or Tsunami 24 plus. Read a few comments saying the flavour from the plus isn't as good, anyone know please :)?

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Wondering which is the best for flavour out of the Tsunami 24 or Tsunami 24 plus. Read a few comments saying the flavour from the plus isn't as good, anyone know please :)?
the only difference i can see in the 2 versions is the plus has a larger juice well. flavor should be the same

USMCotaku

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I know he wasn't, that is why I added the wink face.
As to flavor, I have the 24, and used the 22 for quite some time before I pif'ed it with a mod I sold.....The 22 always had better flavor, when builds were equal. Only real benefit to me in the 24 was the larger juice capacity, but now that I am squonking, it's not an issue and wish I had the 22 still instead.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I know he wasn't, that is why I added the wink face.
As to flavor, I have the 24, and used the 22 for quite some time before I pif'ed it with a mod I sold.....The 22 always had better flavor, when builds were equal. Only real benefit to me in the 24 was the larger juice capacity, but now that I am squonking, it's not an issue and wish I had the 22 still instead.
smaller builds will taste better in the 22 because the smaller chamber. larger builds will taste better in the 24. it's really just preference and how you build ;) it's the great thing about vaping. something for everyone

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Smaller chamber = smaller build = lower wattage for optimum performance.
Bigger chamber = bigger build = higher wattage for optimum performance.

Because the posts in the Tsunami24 plus are floating, it means it has a slightly bigger chamber then the regular Tsunami24.

Lem87

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the replies :)! I saw a few videos saying due to the posts having been moved right to the side on the 24 plus the coils don't sit as well on it so it gives less flavour? Thought I should add this is my first ever rda, so not really sure I will even be able to tell any difference myself if it's just a tiny margin of difference, it was more that i didn't want to buy the wrong one if one was a lot better in flavour!

Having said all of that, with it being my first rda could someone please give me advice on pre-built coils? I'm too noob to build my own at the moment & want to try an rda. My mod is a hotcig r150, I prefer to vape low watt, currently using 0.5 coils 30w-50w regulated . Would the 22 be best for me then or anything else to recommend?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Thanks for the replies :)! I saw a few videos saying due to the posts having been moved right to the side on the 24 plus the coils don't sit as well on it so it gives less flavour? Thought I should add this is my first ever rda, so not really sure I will even be able to tell any difference myself if it's just a tiny margin of difference, it was more that i didn't want to buy the wrong one if one was a lot better in flavour!

Having said all of that, with it being my first rda could someone please give me advice on pre-built coils? I'm too noob to build my own at the moment & want to try an rda. My mod is a hotcig r150, I prefer to vape low watt, currently using 0.5 coils 30w-50w regulated . Would the 22 be best for me then or anything else to recommend?

If u vape at that low of a wattage then a 22mm would be better for you. Try the original tsunami

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Lem87

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks very much! Any recommendation on the best pre-built coils to go with it for a dual build?

Last edited:

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Tsunami in any configuration even the 22 has a relatively big chamber and is not suitable for low wattage, because of this:

Smaller chamber = smaller build = lower wattage for optimum performance.
Bigger chamber = bigger build = higher wattage for optimum performance.

As for cheap prebuild coils for it I would go with something like this at around 70W min:

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0...hentic-geekvape-kanthal-a1-alien-clapton-coil

If you want to go with a small build at low wattage a small chamber RDA like the Derringer will give you much better results.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
The 24mm plus is just a 24mm with a build view window on each side and an included squonk pin, so I'd say the 24mm plus wins out.

USMCotaku

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The tsunami 22 does well at 50 watts. I wouldn't recommend the derringer for a first time builder,the velocity style deck is much easier to build on.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The 24mm plus is just a 24mm with a build view window on each side and an included squonk pin, so I'd say the 24mm plus wins out.
The difference between the 24 and 24 plus is the floating deck.
The original 24 comes in two versions, one with a window and one without a window and all include a squonk pin.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I purchased a 24mm + that was the windowed one with a non-floating deck and came with a squonk pin which my original 24mm Tsunami did not. So there must be an even newer one now, kind of like the Sigelei 213, Sigelei 213 Fuchai + and Sigelei 213 +.

VU Sponsors