Become a Patron!

Tsunami vs Kennedy Air flow

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello Peeps,

I'm a big fan of my Tsunami's, specifically the 22mm version. I also have the 24 but for some reason I prefer the 22... Anywho, I was thinking about picking up a Kennedy and was wondering how similar the airflow is between the two. I know that their are a few different versions of the Kennedy decks and not sure if that makes a difference. The one I'm looking at is a 3 post 22mm. If anyone who has both can chime in I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Scratch88683

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello Peeps,

I'm a big fan of my Tsunami's, specifically the 22mm version. I also have the 24 but for some reason I prefer the 22... Anywho, I was thinking about picking up a Kennedy and was wondering how similar the airflow is between the two. I know that their are a few different versions of the Kennedy decks and not sure if that makes a difference. The one I'm looking at is a 3 post 22mm. If anyone who has both can chime in I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
they are very similar. I wouldnt bother getting the kennedy if i were you, especially an authentic its litterally almost the same thing as the tsunami but costs 4 times as much. also the three post leaks a lot easier. I had a kennedy for almost a year and always had leaking problems so i stayed away from the tsunami. i finally gave in a months or so ago and got the tsunami and i rarely get leaking issues. reason being when you drip into the kennedy the losts are right un the center, and the liquid hits the posts and spashes into the airflow holes its very annoying. basically when using the kennedy you have to take off the top cap and paint your wicks every time you need more liquid. with the tsunami i can drip right into it 15-20 drops and almost never leaks because of the velocity deck. So if i were you id save your money or.get something else.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
While the Tsunami is based on the Kennedy and while both are fully open they have roughly the same airflow, with the Tsunami you can adjust it and even use it with a single coil and one of the airholes close, but with the Kennedy it's always open.

I find that with both of them the best way is not to drip or to paint the coils, but instead to fill the well up to the upper edge of the 2 chimneys

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Scratch88683 - I also love the fact that I can dump juice into the tsunami and not have any leaks. Now that I've got the wicking down it works great.

@nightshard - when I over stuff my cotton I also fill from the juice well.

Thanks for the input guys... Are there any other RDA's that use a Kennedy style air flow? I already have a few tsunami's so I'd like to switch it up.

Scratch88683

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@Scratch88683 - I also love the fact that I can dump juice into the tsunami and not have any leaks. Now that I've got the wicking down it works great.

@nightshard - when I over stuff my cotton I also fill from the juice well.

Thanks for the input guys... Are there any other RDA's that use a Kennedy style air flow? I already have a few tsunami's so I'd like to switch it up.
only ones ive used that have bottom airflow are the freakshow, the kennedy, the mutation x v4, and the tsunami. the kennedy is almost exactly the same just easier to leak. the freakshow is ok if you get the chuff cap its a little dated now though and also will leak if your not carefull. the mutation x v4 i always get a funny taste with it and i could never figure out why. i did like the way the vape felt(i guess thats the word to use) but the wierd taste ruined it for me. im sure their are other bottom airflow rda's out there that are good but these are the only ones ive used. im more of a fan of side airflow just because they dont leak as easy but the flavor on the bottom airflows are better. that being said i really like the tsunami right now its my go to rda but its also my newest.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I never get any leakage of the Tsunami24, what I do get is condensation on top of the box mod where the air holes are placed.

I suppose that the 22 is more likely to leak through the airholes, since there is less space in the well to place the wicks without them touching the sides of the chimneys.

Last edited:

Scratch88683

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I never get any leakage of the Tsunami24, what I do get is condensation on top of the box mod where the air holes are placed.
i only have the 22 but i do get the condisation you are talking about and it does bother me a little bit i dont put it on my more expensive mods for that reason i just put it on my rx 200 and cuboid. i believe the kennedy does the same thing as well. i would gave got the 24 but my local b&m only had the 22s. might have to order one online.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Kennedy does the same, that's one of the design flaws.
I would think that a way to prevent it would be to keep the airholes at the same position but have them face slightly upwards so that the blowback would blow up and not on top of the mod (maybe in one of the next versions).

VU Sponsors