Tube style 15ish watt?

Fattlestar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've got an MVP2, an iStick, and a Spinner 2 right now, and I'm trying to find the right mod to look for on the big sale days coming up. I don't need anything higher than 20 watts, and I don't want another of the ones I already have (I'm not in love with the iStick as much as everyone else, and my MVP is great but I want some diversity).

The Vamo's have some issues so I'm not sure I should be looking at them, though they are pretty much right in the area I want to be with 15w-20w. Any good suggestions on a reliable mod, tube style, to look out for? Or should I just grab a few more spinner style batteries, hah.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
The SVD is a good mod. I own one and it works great.

And you can check the hardware for sale here as I remember some pretty good mods like the Smovestro (I know I spelled it wrong) and I think that was going for $40

Fattlestar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The SVD looks great, I hadn't looked into it before. The price tag on it seems pretty high for the functionality of it, but if the build quality is up there with other innokin products it may be well worth it. I'll look around here and see what comes up - there seem to be a ton of mods just like this, a lot to sort through.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
The SVD looks great, I hadn't looked into it before. The price tag on it seems pretty high for the functionality of it, but if the build quality is up there with other innokin products it may be well worth it. I'll look around here and see what comes up - there seem to be a ton of mods just like this, a lot to sort through.

I literally just published a review of the Semovar V3 clone, which is a 1:1 with a full extended kit and a 15W max, so perhaps look into that. :)

Vapin' Tuefel

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The SVD has worked well for a few weeks for me...just picked it up not long ago. I think you can find it on a few sites between $45-55 as a kit (minus batteries). A couple of my friends have MVPs, and I definitely prefer the SVD over them.

Fattlestar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I love my MVP2, don't get me wrong. It is the right price for what it does. The only problem I have with it is that at it's max output it just barely scratches my preferred wattage (11-15w really is perfect for my needs, higher is no good, lower is only good on some coils that I use less frequently). The SVD still is high on my list but I've yet to find one at a price that I can go for. I also don't need the "kit" version of an SVD - the iClear 30 clearos are fine but I just don't use the one I have already.

The price would be okay if it had batteries and a charger, but I'm finding that those are the real expenses with these replaceable battery mods (2x10 dollar battery and 15 dollar charger seems to be the base minimum additional needs for these kind of mods). So when I'm pricing them out, I have to add about 35$ on the end and then check my budget on it.

Fattlestar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
While I'm still looking for an SVD for the right price, I saw the sale on Smok Ace for 9.99 and figured it wouldn't be a huge loss if it was a dud at that price. Seems to have the same kind of features.

What kind of batteries should I be looking for for these? I know that they all generally take 18650's but I'm sure not all 18650 (which I think is a size) are the same.

Roger Schaeffer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Really Happy With my Sigelei 20 and 30 watt 18650 tube mods. Paid about $75 for each

-=Rob=-

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
While I'm still looking for an SVD for the right price, I saw the sale on Smok Ace for 9.99 and figured it wouldn't be a huge loss if it was a dud at that price. Seems to have the same kind of features.

What kind of batteries should I be looking for for these? I know that they all generally take 18650's but I'm sure not all 18650 (which I think is a size) are the same.
The SmokTech Ace uses button top 18650's. Something like the AW IMR18650 would work fine in it and they are readily available.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The SVD is a nice mod. I loved my SVD. The button took a crap. It is my dead mod pile now. One day if I get off my rear I will reuse them. The board in it is fine, but the button fires itself. I have a vamo v2 that the 510 screwed up on and I kept it for the board too. Then I have a analog DNA 30 that was in my freight train that took a swan dive off a banister. Shoot, I need to stop buying and start building lol.

Stay clear of the SID. I have one its junk, the lady has one hers is junk and everyone else I know who has one has had issues.

Monotremata

Member For 4 Years
Yeah, my SiD is alright, but it can't touch my MVP at all. Mine likes to randomly shut off and i have to open it and put it back together. Ive also noticed sometimes it likes to spark when i put the top back on the battery. It only gets used for the couple hours it takes to charge the MVP. I was gonna replace it with either one of those Zmaxs for $25 (almost what I paid for the SiD), or a Vamo v6 for like $10 more.. Still debating..

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I literally just published a review of the Semovar V3 clone, which is a 1:1 with a full extended kit and a 15W max, so perhaps look into that. :)
I would go after this one as well. 52.00 at Fasttech. It's a great copy of a 300.00 APV. I own both the original and the clone.

It's Sexy :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fattlestar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Glad I got the stainless version of the Ace. It's pretty nice, and for the price was well worth it. Grabbed an 18650 2500mah IMR and a little xtar charger and everything's working well.

Now that I know I like this style of mod, I may look into the Semovar or other high quality tube mods. There seem to be quite a few that are one button systems which I'm definitely NOT into, though. Durability is my primary concern, so I'm going to keep looking for something that will last.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

VU Sponsors