Become a Patron!

Tugboat blood splatter edition

Kinslayer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
hey VU, I've just purchased a tugboat mech mod along with a fishbone rda. The fishbone rda fires perfectly well with other mods such as the snow wolf and m80 pro. However when it's on my tugboat it takes roughly 2 seconds to fire up with very little smoke. Is this a problem w my battery being low discharge? I'm using a Samsung battery.

Kinslayer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This is the battery I'm using

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 14

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow...Is that you in your avatar picture? You look like you are about 13.....LOL

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
First of all, you are really putting yourself in danger with that battery on a mech, or any device using it. The battery is a 5 AMP MAXIMUM DISCHARGE cell!! Stop using it immediately, it's only good for flashlights.

Minimum Capacity: 2850 mAh
Typical Capacity: 2950 mAh
Nominal Voltage: 3.78V
Discharge End Voltage: 2.75V
Standard Charging Current: 1.475A
Charging Voltage: 4.35+-0.05V
Max. Continuous Discharging Current: 5.9A

Get a Sony VTC4 or at least a LGHE4 if you are going to use your tugboat on a mech, or on any other mod.

The reason your existing battery doesn't hit hard on your mech is because you are over stripping the output capacity and building up resistance in the cell internally thus causing damage to it.

Kinslayer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
First of all, you are really putting yourself in danger with that battery on a mech, or any device using it. The battery is a 5 AMP MAXIMUM DISCHARGE cell!! Stop using it immediately, it's only good for flashlights.

Minimum Capacity: 2850 mAh
Typical Capacity: 2950 mAh
Nominal Voltage: 3.78V
Discharge End Voltage: 2.75V
Standard Charging Current: 1.475A
Charging Voltage: 4.35+-0.05V
Max. Continuous Discharging Current: 5.9A

Get a Sony VTC4 or at least a LGHE4 if you are going to use your tugboat on a mech, or on any other mod.

The reason your existing battery doesn't hit hard on your mech is because you are over stripping the output capacity and building up resistance in the cell internally thus causing damage to it.
I've only plugged it in once because I read about the problems, will plugging a vtc5 work better? I'm done looking for batteries in this god forsaken country and I don't wna accidentally blow myself up

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The VTC5 is a 20 amp continuous discharge battery, the VTC4 30 amp continuous. If you are going to use a dripper on a mech, you need to understand the relationship between resistance and power. Ohm's law. This is for your safety and to make builds that are safe, but produce lots of vapor.

Start Here: http://www.steam-engine.org/ohm.asp

The set of calculators and information will assist you in your vaping.

Kinslayer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The VTC5 is a 20 amp continuous discharge battery, the VTC4 30 amp continuous. If you are going to use a dripper on a mech, you need to understand the relationship between resistance and power. Ohm's law. This is for your safety and to make builds that are safe, but produce lots of vapor.

Start Here: http://www.steam-engine.org/ohm.asp

The set of calculators and information will assist you in your vaping.

Okay guys I've run into another issue, I've been told the fishbone rda was meant for double battery box mods so it won't run well on my tugboat pen mod, does anyone know what would be a good rda for it?

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
LOL, The RDA you mention will run just fine on a tugboat 18650 mechanical mod with the right build and right battery.

Kinslayer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
LOL, The RDA you mention will run just fine on a tugboat 18650 mechanical mod with the right build and right battery.

Hmm I'm using a vtc5, its impossible to find a vtc4 in singapore. The resistance of the coils are 0.36 ohms. but it doesn't seem to give me as much smoke as compared to when i fire it with a m80, is there sth i'm still doing wrong?

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You're probably firing it at a higher wattage in the M80, which I'm assuming is a regulated mod (you can control the power output). With a mechanical mod, you're just putting out the raw battery voltage, which when fully charged is 4.2 volts (with a healthy battery). You also have to take into account voltage drop with a mech caused from the resistance of the mod itself and the load you're putting on the battery, i.e. your coils.

So basically, maybe you're not getting as much power from the battery in the mech as you're putting into it with your box mod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kinslayer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You're probably firing it at a higher wattage in the M80, which I'm assuming is a regulated mod (you can control the power output). With a mechanical mod, you're just putting out the raw battery voltage, which when fully charged is 4.2 volts (with a healthy battery). You also have to take into account voltage drop with a mech caused from the resistance of the mod itself and the load you're putting on the battery, i.e. your coils.

So basically, maybe you're not getting as much power from the battery in the mech as you're putting into it with your box mod.

Speaking of which.. Now it won't even produce anything. When I fire the tugboat w the fishbone (parallel coils 0.33 ohms), I feel the battery heat up (90% charge) but not even a trickle of smoke comes up from rda. However after switching the fishbone over to a box mod, it fires perfectly fine. What's going on??

Edit: Fixed everything, turns out the base contact of the fishbone loosened, battery wasn't touching it at all. It fires like a dream now! Thank god.

Last edited:

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Speaking of which.. Now it won't even produce anything. When I fire the tugboat w the fishbone (parallel coils 0.33 ohms), I feel the battery heat up (90% charge) but not even a trickle of smoke comes up from rda. However after switching the fishbone over to a box mod, it fires perfectly fine. What's going on??

Edit: Fixed everything, turns out the base contact of the fishbone loosened, battery wasn't touching it at all. It fires like a dream now! Thank god.
Glad you worked it out. I was beginning to think you had a short when you mentioned the battery "heating up."

VU Sponsors