Become a Patron!

Tugboat v2 on hanamodz dna 40

kb91hatch

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have been using my dna 40 for about a month now. I finally took to next step to an rda I picked up a tugboat v2. My question is does anyone make a spacer that can fit between the mod and rda for better fitment. There is maybe a 1mm gap between both. Hardly noticeable but irritates me knowing it is there.

kb91hatch

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Got it! Went to Menards today and bought some nylon washers and made a spacer to take up the space. It's very crude right now. But going to take another to work and make it better.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey, Happy new years to you!

That's a really cleaver idea...I'd just be careful to watch it for a bit...
I just googled nylon's heat ratings and it's max temperature is 210 F and melting point is 420 F.

The deck on that atty is going to get hot...sometimes really hot...that's just what atty's do...they heat things...I don't think you'll have to worry about melting that because only the coil should be getting that hot but it might get warm enough to warp the nylon or stick to the atty deck if you've got a low build going on a good chain vape. Seriously doubt it but it would be interesting to find out. Can you tell me if you have something funky happen. I've thought/seen of a nylon washer being used and I am curious as to how well it will work out. Thanks and good luck

VU Sponsors