Become a Patron!

Turtle Ship V2 clone Review (Focalecig.com)

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Turtle Ship V2 clone Review

The Turtle Ship V2 clone (sku 13218) featured in this review was ordered from Focalecig.com. The mod was well packaged in a bubble wrap envelope, with each contained within their own little white box.

[/URL
]

Turtle Ship V2 specs:

Product type: mechanical mod

Materials: brushed stainless steel with polished top and bottom cap

Style: extension tube mod with laser engraved logos on body and switch

Connection type: 510 threaded

Positive pin: brass floating pin

Switch design: spring loaded, locking ring (not reverse threaded) brass negative contact, delrin insulator w/battery rattle adjustment

Battery configurations: 18350/500/650 +kick

Diameter: 22mm

Weight: 110 grams

BUILD QUALITY

The Turtle Ship V2 is an extension tube mod that is comprised of three tubes. The main tube (18350) features Korean writing vertically aligned on one side of the main tube, and the Turtle Ship/Geobukseon by RJ Mods logo, and serial numbers on the opposite side. The 18500 tube can also be used as a kick tube with the 18350, and 18650 battery configurations.

The laser engravings are very nicely done, with a clean, and clear finish that is not excessively rough to the touch. The Korean writing reads : one sweep stains the mountains and rivers in blood. The tubes have a brushed finished, and the machining quality of the tubes is great, as the seams between the tubes are nearly invisible. The polished finish of the top, and bottom caps create a very attractive contrast to the brushed finished tubes, and an overall aesthetically pleasing look.

[URL=http://imgur.com/GAUpFfY] [/URL
]

The top cap has a floating pin design set within a delrin insulator, and the brass positive pin itself is very large, which I would like to believe makes for optimal contact between the battery, and top device.

The fire switch has a spring loaded design, locking ring (not reverse threaded) a brass negative contact, and a delrin insulator that is threaded, and can be moved up, and down to adjust for battery rattle. I am very happy with the spring installed in this switch, as it is neither too stiff, or too light. When unlocked, the mod does not fire under its own weight in any of the three battery configurations, with a Kayfun Lite installed. Nor does the mod wobble when standing upright in the unlocked position.

The locking ring, while not reversed threaded, moves easily between the locked, and unlocked position however, it is recommended that you do not overly tighten the locking ring in either direction, especially the unlocked position, as you will unscrew your switch when trying to unlock the mod.

Unlike some other makes for the Turtle Ship V2 clone, the delrin insulator in the bottom cap does not need to be modded with o rings in order to work properly, and hold its adjusted position. As demonstrated in the photo below, once adjusted for battery rattle, the insulator remains in place and does not fall under the weight of the battery.

[URL=http://imgur.com/ZZPZgfP] [/URL
]

Using nipple top, and flat top batteries, I was able to perfectly close up the tubes with top and bottom caps in every battery configuration. However, beware of top devices with long 510 connection pins which are not adjustable. With an 18500 nipple top battery, and my Kayfun Lite which happens to have a long 510 pin that protrudes past the threaded end by 1-2mm, I was not able to close up the mod completely.

This IS NOT the fault of the Turtle Ship mod though, as I did not have this problem with any RBA that had either a flush/shorter 510 connection, or an adjustable 510 connection. In 18350 mode with a nipple top battery, and the same Kayfun Lite, I am able to close the tubes completely. Being that I only have flat top 18650 batteries, I also did not have any problem closing the tubes, and I used the battery rattle adjuster to eliminate battery rattle.

[URL=http://imgur.com/P5Hhmmj] [/URL
]

PERFORMANCE

Aside from the very slick aesthetics of the Turtle Ship V2, the one aspect of this mod that has made it a joy to use is the firing action of the switch. It literally fires from any angle that you press switch, no need to hit it dead center. It fires off the edges, just as well as hitting the switch straight down the middle. The apparent length of the throw is rather deceptive in that you do not need to depress the switch through its entire length in order for it to fire, in fact, you cannot.

With a battery installed, when you depress the switch to fire the mod, the bottom of the switch does not meet, or close up to the locking ring, not even close. While the throw appears to be about 3mm long, in reality the throw is actually about 1mm to fire, which of course is a good thing.

Between the floating positive pin, adjustable delrin insulator in the switch, and the easy firing action of the switch itself, this mechanical mod has simply been a joy to use, and I have yet another “favorite” within my mechanical mod collection. It hits great, it works great, it looks sexy, enough said.

[/URL][/URL][/URL]

VU Sponsors