Become a Patron!

TVF8 Coil Making Cracking Sound

Hi Guys,
I have a Smok Alien Mod and using a TVF8 tank with it's coils.

I usually smoke on 130w but when i smoke on a lower wattage and sometimes on the same wattage i hear a boiling / cracking sound. The only time i dont hear the sound is when i pull really really hard. A few friends of mine who vape (different mods and tanks) say that its normal and it means the coil is working properly.

Are they right or is this a problem? If its a problem how do i solve it?

Thanks in advance!

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Hi Guys,
I have a Smok Alien Mod and using a TVF8 tank with it's coils.

I usually smoke on 130w but when i smoke on a lower wattage and sometimes on the same wattage i hear a boiling / cracking sound. The only time i dont hear the sound is when i pull really really hard. A few friends of mine who vape (different mods and tanks) say that its normal and it means the coil is working properly.

Are they right or is this a problem? If its a problem how do i solve it?

Thanks in advance!
Yes, it's normal. If you think about what happens when you drip water into a hot pan, it crackles and pops too. That is the sound made when the liquid juice is turning to vapor. Nothing to worry about. :)

Yes, it's normal. If you think about what happens when you drip water into a hot pan, it crackles and pops too. That is the sound made when the liquid juice is turning to vapor. Nothing to worry about. :)

Thanks Devauto.

Do you have any idea if Kangertech OCC coils (0.5ohm) work with TC? If so, is it Ni or Ti?

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
I don't know if the Kangertech OCC .05 ohm coils specifically work, I don't use them. IIRC, the .05 coils are most likely Kanthal. I use a build deck in my TopTank Mini, and have no use for their coils. I did try them in the first generation of the SSOCC, but back then they were square, the coils were all Kanthal (at least the ones I tried), and they had a very short lifespan.

In general though, NI and TI coils will both work with TC, but TBH, I think a SS-316L coil will give a better TC experience. I used NI for a long time, and it is very finnicky and problematic. TI was a little better but coils were hard to find back then. After I tried SS, I realized that NI and TI really killed the flavor of my juice and didn't last long compared to SS.

The bottom line is that NI and TI, will both work with TC, but may not be the best vape. Some people really like both of them, so YMMV!

HTH

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks Devauto.

Do you have any idea if Kangertech OCC coils (0.5ohm) work with TC? If so, is it Ni or Ti?
It's my understanding the OCC coils are kanthal,(wattage mode only) and the updated SSOC (round, but compatible), come in .5 in SS and .15 in Ni200.

VU Sponsors