Become a Patron!

TVF8 Issue has me baffled...

Infinite_Vapr

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok, So Ive only been vaping for a couple months now and about a month ago i bought my first tfv8 tank. LOVE it! Works like a champ etc etc....Then I got my brother to start vaping. He also bought a tfv8 tank eventually. When he got it he had this crazy problem where the ohms that were being displayed (I think weve tried at least 3 different mods and mu coil master 512 plus build deck) were not only different every time but they are way higher than they should be. For example if I stick a .15ohm coil in it, it will read at least .3 or .4 and sometimes it will read over 1 ohm. We tried several coils out of different packs and different coils out of the ones that came with the tank etc. Even the RBA reads wrong. Im using the RBA in my first TFV8 with tha pre made coils that came with it. They read about .3 ohms on my known working tfv8. The rba deck on my brothers was reading at least .7 or .8 ohms if not higher. Again, the resistance seems to jump around a bit. You can pop it on a mod and it will read .6 then unscrew it and screw it right back on and then it might read .9.

So all that sounds pretty crazy right? So we finally gave up and he sent it back for a refund. Well shortly after that I got my second tfv8 and guess what....SAME ISSUE! I sent it back and they sent me a replacement. Yup, you guessed it....same problem on this replacement. Theres no way 3 of these in a row from 2 different sellers is having the same exact issue. The issue is with the base because if I take any of the coils or RBAs and put them in my known working TFV8 they read correctly so its got to be something Im overlooking cuz the odds of all these being bad would have to be astronomical.

Please help! :)

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The center pin in the 510 of the tank is a floating pin. Make s7re it's pushed all the way in before attatching the coil head

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Infinite_Vapr

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I checked the center pin, I even swapped center pins with my known working tfv8 tank. The problem isnt the pin itself.

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Have you tried using his entire tank on your mod?
It might not be the tank.
It's possible his mod is not reading the resistance correctly.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Infinite_Vapr

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just took them down to my local vape store and they think theyre bad. I guess they could be but man the odds of 3 out of 4 tanks bad from 2 different sellers....yeah but I cant hit the lotto lol :p

VU Sponsors