Become a Patron!

Twisted Clapton Wire

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I usually have a roll of Geekvape (Ka1) clapton wire 26×32 I think. I like using it in my Griffins. Well my last roll was down to about a foot so I ordered another roll. But when my package arrived, I got sent the wrong wire. So what I got was twisted clapton....I didn't want this stuff. I've never used twisted anything.

1_36_1.jpg

ceace719dee0075d97f4de6acad7f8aa_g.jpg

I decided against making a fuss about it and tried this stuff out. My expectations were low. I usually don't care for really thick wires.

This stuff is very rigid and doesn't form well. So I just spaced the coils. The RTA I used was a Griffin 25 plus. I used a 3mm jig and did 5 wraps, dual coils. It's .22Ω. I didn't get much vapor until around 60W. I like using this build around 75W.

What I notice is some really good flavor. This stuff impresses me a little. I recently watched the video about the guy dripping on alien coils and the juice ran along the coil. I'm wondering if this twisted stuff is doing something kinda similiar, but in a different way? Lol I'm not making sense. My theory is juice is getting in the crevices differently since it's twisted. I dunno...

• Have any of you tried twisted claptoned wire?
  • Do you like it, or still use it?
  • Did you get great flavor or notice anything different flavor-wise?
  • What type of attys does this stuff reall shine?
  • I don't know how to get an optimal rating on steam engine. Is 75W for my build in range?
  • Have you done contact coils with this stuff?
  • Any tips?
Sorry for asking so many question. I'm not expecting many responses. It's not a popular type of wire I think. I didn't really do a search for discussion on this stuff yet.

Last edited:

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I have a few AVS twisted clapton coils, they work but I prefer the multi core fc personally. I do think they are better for a dual build rather than a single.

Jenn F

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm using this on a Pyro 2. Just built it this week and enjoying the flavor. Duals at .22ohm. New atty for me. Think I'll keep this build whenever I change the Zeus Dual to see if the flavor comes alive. :)

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I usually have a roll of Geekvape (Ka1) clapton wire 26×32 I think. I like using it in my Griffins. Well my last roll was down to about a foot so I ordered another roll. But when my package arrived, I got sent the wrong wire. So what I got was twisted clapton....I didn't want this stuff. I've never used twisted anything.

1_36_1.jpg

ceace719dee0075d97f4de6acad7f8aa_g.jpg

I decided against making a fuss about it and tried this stuff out. My expectations were low. I usually don't care for really thick wires.

This stuff is very rigid and doesn't form well. So I just spaced the coils. The RTA I used was a Griffin 25 plus. I used a 3mm jig and did 5 wraps, dual coils. It's .22Ω. I didn't get much vapor until around 60W. I like using this build around 75W.

What I notice is some really good flavor. This stuff impresses me a little. I recently watched the video about the guy dripping on alien coils and the juice ran along the coil. I'm wondering if this twisted stuff is doing something kinda similiar, but in a different way? Lol I'm not making sense. My theory is juice is getting in the crevices differently since it's twisted. I dunno...

• Have any of you tried twisted claptoned wire?
  • Do you like it, or still use it?
  • Did you get great flavor or notice anything different flavor-wise?
  • What type of attys does this stuff reall shine?
  • I don't know how to get an optimal rating on steam engine. Is 75W for my build in range?
  • Have you done contact coils with this stuff?
  • Any tips?
Sorry for asking so many question. I'm not expecting many responses. It's not a popular type of wire I think. I didn't really do a search for discussion on this stuff yet.

I think Staple variations are the best practical coils for flavor. I’ve been building for a long time but I always go back to the Fraliens for flavor. I haven’t tried pre fashioned wire off the spool for years, but way back when I did my experience with it was terrible. I can make you some spectacular coils and all I’d ask is for the shipping pay paled to me after you receive the coils. You can just tell me where you want to ohm at (approximately) and I can hook you up. Just a friendly offer.:D
76FBABA0-C79B-41F9-A8DA-76F6C3425081.jpeg
5D2BA8D4-054D-4247-9746-035F8D0BFE04.jpeg
DC37C10E-0F44-4986-8664-68F00137DC30.jpeg
E4C56861-CD68-4851-98A8-9F5053133CC1.jpeg
9A26B345-837D-4C09-AA83-51A01936748F.jpeg
E894041F-DF8C-46DB-8BE9-CD6823E71424.jpeg
12D5750F-73A7-45C5-8E41-6CD355285188.jpeg
A00EFBD1-A435-4EFB-AABB-D4330536B009.jpeg
:stars:

newyork13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Let me start by saying that I've been vaping for years, and I've built coils for a few too. But, I do it all simple. LOL.
So, are you saying you built that wire from scratch from simple wire?
And, if you did, how the hell did you do that? It's quite beautiful.
And, what do you wick in that?

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Let me start by saying that I've been vaping for years, and I've built coils for a few too. But, I do it all simple. LOL.
So, are you saying you built that wire from scratch from simple wire?
And, if you did, how the hell did you do that? It's quite beautiful.
And, what do you wick in that?
I'm not sure if you're asking me but if you are yes all my builds are done from simple wire. There are about 20 or so people that post regularly in the builders corner I don't normally post here I just wanted to give and alternative to pre-spooled twisted Clapton wire cause I tried it when I was first starting out and it doesn't compare to the vape I can get now. If you weren't directing the question to me I totally apologize Lol. I think it's cool to build and keep it simple there's nothing wrong with that at all. If you get a satisfying vape then that's all that really matters. I just went crazy with with the building cause because I became so fascinated with coils when I started out. I don't think there is a right or wrong way to vape. As long as your not putting a .09 build on a series mod.:bomb::giggle::cheers:

newyork13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes, I was asking you @Shredtravolta and thanks for your reply. My question was really cause your coils were so stunning, and I was amazed that a human (versus a machine) could construct them so well. Are you saying that in the builders corner there are discussions about how to do this?

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yes, I was asking you @Shredtravolta and thanks for your reply. My question was really cause your coils were so stunning, and I was amazed that a human (versus a machine) could construct them so well. Are you saying that in the builders corner there are discussions about how to do this?
Here is the thread that's the directory to all the various builds in the Coil Building sub-forum: http://vapingunderground.com/thread...ld-from-beginner-to-advanced-and-more.413083/ There's lots of info on all the various coil types with some great howto's.

VU Sponsors