Become a Patron!

Twisted Finally

mommabird62

Member For 4 Years
Hi all :) Just had to show this. I finally made my own twisted wire. Had purchased it already done in the past. Did 30g kanthal 10 wraps on 14g needle at duals came out to .78 ohm which is getting low for me ;) One is a little crooked but performs well. Just a few months back I didn't think that building coils would be for me. LOL

Edit:Hope I posted this in the right place. If not sorry bout that.

959f5b3632e989f2f158865cb9ec1a1c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk with my paws :)

Mommabird62

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Looks very good , congrats . Question is if it performs better than non twisted.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
TY and it does :) More flavor

Mommabird62

Well if your convinced your getting more flavor than it seems to be worth it then , i have heard one other person say the same , their explanation was because the juice seems to get trapped and sit in the crevices of the coil a little longer but i don't know .

Others say it's an illusion and there is no taste difference between coil types and coil designs are for aesthetic purposes only , to each their own i suppose.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I made my own twisted wire coils a few times just to say I could. They looked pretty neat. But in all honesty I didn't think they performed any better than a regular micro coil. And it was harder to get the screws to grip. I still have a long strand I never used.

mommabird62

Member For 4 Years
I could tell a difference but I wouldn't say it was huge. Wondering if it could be from the coil "grabbing" more if the wick with the rough surface of the coil itself. If anything, it is fun experimenting ;)

Mommabird62

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
How else would you know if not for experimenting , most have experimented a ton and end up back just making simple coils because the differences are so subtle and not worth the extra effort and time.

Now if the differences were very noticeable you would see many more going the extra mile.

Private192

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi all :) Just had to show this. I finally made my own twisted wire. Had purchased it already done in the past. Did 30g kanthal 10 wraps on 14g needle at duals came out to .78 ohm which is getting low for me ;) One is a little crooked but performs well. Just a few months back I didn't think that building coils would be for me. LOL

Edit:Hope I posted this in the right place. If not sorry bout that.

959f5b3632e989f2f158865cb9ec1a1c.jpg

Mommabird62

nice build, if it's chucking the vapor then vape-on sister!

Vapor Fiend

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I notice a huge difference in performance, flavor, vapor production and battery life between twisted and regular coils. They're like regular coils on steroids. I guess it may depend on the atomizer you use, and the airflow that you have. And perhaps the wick and juice you use. Then again the way you vape...

Yeah it's pretty much just different in many ways.

I will say this: The new Mutation X with the dual hole center block is going to be a monster for twisted and odd builds. Giant holes, plenty of room, airflow like a jumbo jet engine. Should make for some ridiculous clouds.

For me, the difference between twisted and regular coils is similar to the difference between a single coil setup and a dual coil setup. Once you feel that much power and taste that much flavor, it's hard to go back. It would be like going back to using an old Riva 510 battery and boge LR cartomizers at this point.

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I tried twisted along with other special coils. I got mesh to play with to. But I think I'm just bad at coils beyond the basics since they always produce less vape with muted taste. One day, I want to wrap to 24 gauge in ribbon without twisting them and wrap that in mesh. Would hold so much juice.

I have run twisted a few times and in my experience I got better production all around. You get more heat distribution due to more exposed surface area. Plus I got rid of a lot of small kanthal making them lol.

I notice a huge difference in performance, flavor, vapor production and battery life between twisted and regular coils. They're like regular coils on steroids. I guess it may depend on the atomizer you use, and the airflow that you have. And perhaps the wick and juice you use. Then again the way you vape...

Yeah it's pretty much just different in many ways.

I will say this: The new Mutation X with the dual hole center block is going to be a monster for twisted and odd builds. Giant holes, plenty of room, airflow like a jumbo jet engine. Should make for some ridiculous clouds.

For me, the difference between twisted and regular coils is similar to the difference between a single coil setup and a dual coil setup. Once you feel that much power and taste that much flavor, it's hard to go back. It would be like going back to using an old Riva 510 battery and boge LR cartomizers at this point.

I just got the authentic Mutation V2 in today granted I didn't use twisted on it but my normal is 20 gauge 5 wrap sitting at 0.19 ohms it hits like a beast to say the least and it could easily handle 16 gauge with the size of the post holes would I do that no I wouldn't but I am really liking this atty so far

VU Sponsors