Become a Patron!

Twisted Messes Cubed Review by DeucesJack

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I’ll start this review off with the usual disclosures and transparency. Twisted Messes sent me this RDA specifically for this review. This will not in any way, shape or form, alter, change or affect my opinion about this RDA.
28590193ca709e4fcc6f5b346866b482.jpg

First Impression:

Packaging is pretty standard. Nothing fancy at all. RDA comes in a black box. Well packaged and neatly arranged. The RDA is made out of 304 SS and feels like a very high quality RDA. It has an almost rubbery feeling kind of like a Vaporshark coating but not as thick. The finish is a matte black. Included in the package are a flathead screwdriver, extra o rings, 510 adapter, and hex head deck screws. Machining on this RDA is second to none. Everything is smooth and clean with no burrs. One wash and one rinse was all it took to get this RDA vaping. Very classy and unique is the best way I can think of to describe this RDA out of the box.

Breakdown:

The RDA breaks down into 6 pieces. Drip Tip, Top Cap, Chamber, Deck, and two airflow discs. The DT and discs are made of Delrin. The rest of the RDA is 304 SS with the matte black coating on it.
06897b5a4dce10e37e5e84ccf357d41a.jpg

The Drip Tip:

The DT on this RDA is extremely unique. It’s a square chuff cap style DT. At first I was absolutely positive I was going to be using the 510 adapter. The square DT just looked weird, awkward and uncomfortable. However, after vaping on it I was more than pleasantly surprised. The squareness of the DT gives it a unique feel while vaping. I find myself enjoying the corners and edges of it. It does take a little getting used too. It almost has the same feel as Black and Mild cigar tip with a wide bore. Needless to say, I never did use the 510 adapter and I am truly enjoying the look and feel of the standard DT.

Top Cap:

The top cap on this RDA is really nice and well thought out, I’ll explain. It of course is square. It also has to fit on top of the airflow discs that protrude out of the top of the chamber when the top cap is off. To do this Twisted Messes was smart enough to include a cut out for the airflow discs on all four sides. What this means is that you can put the top cap on any way you want. There are no cut outs to line up because every side has a cut out. Simple yet genius. The top cap also fits on top of the chamber with just the right amount of resistance. It’s not to easy to get off but not to hard as well. The tension on it is just right.

Chamber:

The chamber is of course a 24mm cube. It has an airflow design on it that is well thought out. It uses what Twisted Messes calls airflow discs. You have two discs, one on each side of the coil. Each Disc has twelve air holes of various sizes. In order to adjust the airflow you must remove each disc and snap it back into place once the desired airflow is found. You can adjust the airflow from super tight to really loose. I’m a little surprised that extra discs were not included. The discs are an integral part of this RDA and if you were to lose one or two you would pretty much be screwed and forced to run the RDA wide open. The airflow is super smooth and does allow for a wide range of adjustment. While I have tried all the airflow adjustments I tend to get the best flavor from it when I have it on the tight setting.

Deck:

The deck is gold plated with a two post design. Each post has two individual post holes. Super easy to build on. The screws that come installed on the posts are flathead screws. Personally I’m not a fan of flathead screws. I find them awkward to work with while at the same time lacking the torque to get the coils nice and tight. Luckily the spare deck screws that are included are hex heads which is a really nice thoughtful touch. The juice well is kind of shallow and I do wish it was just a little deeper.

b03098cd0d8a481524da14989dc736dc.jpg

Make no mistake about it though, you can fit some monster coils in this square deck. Right now I’m running two 28 gauge parallel coils using 10 wraps around a 4mm bit. As big as these coils are I still have plenty of room and I could probably get away with 12 wraps if I wanted to. This deck is just phenomenal with no wasted space because of it’s shape. The tension on the deck is the same as the top cap. It has just the right amount of tension and it has a double o ring design. This RDA sits nice and flush on every mod I own but because of the shape of the RDA it does not necessarily look good on every mod.
c49144e8de8d98c43ebc4984cf6c941f.jpg

Looks And Aesthetics:

As I said previously because of the shape of this particular RDA it will not look good on all mods. In fact surprise, surprise, it looks horrible on my Slice and VF Flask. The squareness of the RDA just does not go well with mods that have curves. That being said it will look fantastic on any square mod that can handle a 24mm tank. It looks like it was made for the G2. It fits absolutely perfect with no overhang whatsoever. If you own a G2 then this RDA is a must purchase. It also looks pretty good on the 3 battery mods like the Reauleaux. On my Reauleaux it has a slight overhang on the corners closest to the screen. Not a big deal but it will annoy the people with OCD. On my Ipv5 it looks good from the front of the mod but the corners do hang off the back a bit. Again this RDA is for for square type mods that can handle a 24mm RDA.

But Deuces, How Does She Vape?

Building and vaping on this RDA is just a dream. I get thick, lush, flavorful clouds. The AFC on this RDA is the real key to the great way it vapes. It can accommodate any type of vaper from a restricted lung hitter to a wide open, massive airflow, cloud chucking, skinny jean wearing, bearded hipster. I know I used the word unique a lot in this review but I felt like I had too. Everything from the shape of the DT to the shape of the deck to the size of the deck to the way it vapes is indeed unique. I say well done Twisted messes. I enjoyed this RDA so much that I actually just ordered a SS version with my own money. It’s that good! This RDA is in fact DeucesJack Approved. If you liked this review and found it helpful please feel free to give it a like and follow me on this forum.

Pros:

- Unique Design
- Drip Tip
- Deck
- Can handle massive coils
- Quality
- Airflow
- Flavor
- Clouds

Cons:

- Might not look good on all your mods
- No extra airflow discs
- Juice well could be deeper

Twisted Messes on Various Mods:

df6433be137c10806503cbd2317f5280.jpg

e421dd65764120f8af0c1ca5bb72b4ec.jpg

fda5e9127a04384ca92d05c00c8caf74.jpg

77bc565dad174d1d17d7c39fef802d7b.jpg

9c9cbc4dc94e5ab8f37ba96b755ba791.jpg

Specs:

•304 stainless steel construction
•The first ever squared deck in the vaping industry
•Gold-plated brass, dual post design with four 3mm post holes
•Choice of either flat head or hex, flat-bottom screws for better connection
•Massively increased build space
•Dual 3mm deep, 20mm x 7mm juice wells
•PEEK insulators
•Gold-plated brass bottom contact pin
•Standard and “beefy” contact o-rings included–this allows you to tighten down the Cubed RDA on your device and then back it off for optimal placement
•Delrin airflow control discs–simply remove the discs, line them up to the desired airflow, and pop them back in
•Delrin wide bore drip top
Delrin 510 drip tip adaptor
Deep engraved Aria and Twisted Messes logos
Spare o-rings and mini screwdriver included
Individually serialized
Available in Black or Stainless

http://twistedmesses.com/

***Note*** If you are a vendor and would like a DeucesJack review I can be reached at [email protected].

Variety's the very spice of life, that gives it all it's flavour.

-William Cowper

Last edited:

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
But deuces, why do you have to be such a damn enabler?

Everytime I think I need to slow down buying I see something like this......your not helping bro. Lol

Great review as always

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
But deuces, why do you have to be such a damn enabler?

Everytime I think I need to slow down buying I see something like this......your not helping bro. Lol

Great review as always

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Lol, sorry bro it's like the old fable about the scorpion and the frog. I'm the scorpion and it's just in my nature. Really appreciate the positive feedback bro.

-William Cowper

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
WOW --- It looks like it has a powered cooling fan on the side of that thing.
upload_2017-1-12_1-3-50.png

BTW --- Awesome review. Thank you.

Infinite1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the thorough write up! Of the mods pictured, it looks best on the G2. Now folks that hate on the G2 can couple the TM cubed and get a unique look, almost hybrid in aesthetic! Awesome.

Sent from a random device, most likely a Note 5...the one that does not blow up!

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks for the thorough write up! Of the mods pictured, it looks best on the G2. Now folks that hate on the G2 can couple the TM cubed and get a unique look, almost hybrid in aesthetic! Awesome.

Sent from a random device, most likely a Note 5...the one that does not blow up!
There are people here that hate on the G2? I never noticed. Lol.

-William Cowper

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah! Them ones that think the D*A chip is the be all, end all! They really ought try a G2, it'll make them:poop: their pants and trash their computers!
BTW, no squonking yet???
Lol. Speaking of squonking. Bombertech just sent this out to me. It's an RDTA with a squonking pin. Can't wait to review it.

http://www.bombertech.com/product/pindad-ss-driptank-black/

-William Cowper

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I saw the Pindad, but I'm not sure about it.At their advertised $55 price, I might as well go to $65 and get the Origen Little which I know and like. I'm waiting for your review before I decide, so hurry up, will you?
P.S. if you don't have a squonk mod, you can send the tank to me and I'll provide all the notes and impressions. :vino:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the review...I think this Atty would look pretty good on a Hexohm...

Question though...and maybe I skimmed over it....how would you adjust the Atty to square up correctly on mods? My OCD would go nuts like on the G2 if it wasn't snug and also just out of square with the mod.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks for the review...I think this Atty would look pretty good on a Hexohm...

Question though...and maybe I skimmed over it....how would you adjust the Atty to square up correctly on mods? My OCD would go nuts like on the G2 if it wasn't snug and also just out of square with the mod.
Sometimes it just screws on flush sometimes you have to back it off a little depending on the mod. I have never had to back it off more than a 1/4 of a turn on any of my mods. I think it would look fantastic on a Hexohm as well.

-William Cowper

VU Sponsors