Become a Patron!

Two new versions of the Subtank on the way

hazozita

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As expected given the way Kanger rolls out versions of their products, the Subtank Mini and the Subtank Nano are coming up. The Nano looks like it will only work with the pre-built OCC heads; the Mini looks like it will use the OCC heads, plus have a RBA option using a smaller deck.

SUBtank_nano_c1495509-1b44-4104-a332-5611db539516.jpg SUBtank_mini_9bb320fc-bc4d-49bf-ac79-2e9737c0be32.jpg

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank you for the update. I have been looking forward to this since the release of the Subtank. I knew instantly when the Subtank was released that Kanger had some magic there and as it turned out I was right. It's the best tank on the market now in my opinion. You can't go wrong with the purchase. The Nano is exactly what I was looking for as far as juice capacity. The mini will appeal to people who want a smaller deck and base, 22mm and 4.5 ml juice capacity is plenty. In fact I think they should have released these two versions together instead of the 25mm but it's really no issue because people can convert the present tank with the supplied ring. They stuck with the organic cotton coils which is going to become the industry standard, about time. I'm sure many people will appreciate these tank options and find it beneficial to their vaping needs. I have always admired Kanger for their efficient progress. Five stars. How soon for the release? I heard that it will be in a few weeks.

Last edited:

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm pretty excited for the mini - It'll be nice to have a subtank that can fit on most of my mech mods with out looking like a club lol.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
These tanks are going to rock the world and Eleaf will be releasing the MELO at the end of the month as well. Options for tanks couldn't be better now.

wizzard

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just don't see where the new coils will work with the Aerotanks. I am pretty sure the Aerotank coils as they are now will fit the new tanks as the old dual coils fit the Sub Tank. I wish they were working on maybe coming up with a new cotton coil for the Aerotank bases. My best guess is those coils are going to be a thing of the past for the Aerotanks. They have discontinued the Protank 2's which was probably the number one selling clearo of all time. I still have enough of those coils to last a lifetime. I still continue to use my protank 2 with my rebuilt cotton coils and the protank 2 is still one of my favorite tanks even with all the new ones out. The Aspire line has changed the way clearos are made. It is at the point now I really don't see how they can improve them much more. Maybe just the coils and material used. Now they need to find ways to make the coils last and last and last. It is only a matter of time.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's what I was thinking. I've never been a huge fan of Aspire, with the exception of the Vivi and Et-s tanks. I can easily pass on the Nautilus and Atlantis but Kanger has been making quality products for a long time and they have a good track record. They have been in the game for a while and know what they're doing. After these tanks are released I can't see much more room for progress, they really reached the top. The focus now should be on perfecting the atomizer heads for quality and consistency. The OCC coils are already very good but there is room for improvement. Making these coils for the Aerotank and Protanks would be a smart decision since many people still use and enjoy the early versions. I have full faith in Kanger and believe that they won't let the community down. We just have to be patient and grateful for all the progress we're seeing now.

Last edited:

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just don't see where the new coils will work with the Aerotanks. I am pretty sure the Aerotank coils as they are now will fit the new tanks as the old dual coils fit the Sub Tank. I wish they were working on maybe coming up with a new cotton coil for the Aerotank bases. My best guess is those coils are going to be a thing of the past for the Aerotanks. They have discontinued the Protank 2's which was probably the number one selling clearo of all time. I still have enough of those coils to last a lifetime. I still continue to use my protank 2 with my rebuilt cotton coils and the protank 2 is still one of my favorite tanks even with all the new ones out. The Aspire line has changed the way clearos are made. It is at the point now I really don't see how they can improve them much more. Maybe just the coils and material used. Now they need to find ways to make the coils last and last and last. It is only a matter of time.

The first BPDC would fit the Aerotanks but they decided to scrap them and revised the new OCC exclusively for the Subtank. The present Aerotank coils will fit the Subtank and likely the Nano and Mini although not completely certain as they have not yet been released.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think they will sell starting at $45 and scale down to about $35. I will pay either price it's worth it to me. The build is very good. They have come a long way from the Protank 2 that's for sure. Still a nice tank

P.S. Just a thought for people on a budget. It would be nice to see chrome plated copper Subtanks at a lower price point. I want everyone to be able to afford a good tank it's only right.

Last edited:

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Kanger_sub_mini_nano_3_pic__00610.1421070288.1280.1280.jpg

From this pic it looks like they may have opened up the airflow EVEN MORE on these bad boys. There's no little holes, just slots like on the Atlantis. Wonder if that means there will be an upgraded airflow control for the standard subtank? Can it even take more airflow????

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I personally would like to maintain the holes. No need to fix what isn't broken. Present airflow controller is on point. Perhaps they may offer drip tip options like the Silo tank from Beyond Vape?

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Can't wait to get my subtank in the mail.. I'll probably pick up the mini once it drops if I like the regular version

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Can't wait to get my subtank in the mail.. I'll probably pick up the mini once it drops if I like the regular version

Nice toy to go with your Cloupor;) Hope you get yours soon.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nice toy to go with your Cloupor;)

The waiting process really sucks.. I haven't ordered from china in a long time so its going to be even worse for me lol.. I paid for expedited shipping - lets see if its worth it. I have a few other things coming in the mail throughout the week to keep me occupied.. (Hoping they come out with a jwrap for the clouper soon)

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The waiting process really sucks.. I haven't ordered from china in a long time so its going to be even worse for me lol.. I paid for expedited shipping - lets see if its worth it. I have a few other things coming in the mail throughout the week to keep me occupied.. (Hoping they come out with a jwrap for the clouper soon)

I'm sure that they will don't stress. I don't order from abroad personally. Shipping takes a while, clearing customs and all that jazz but soon enough you'll have it in hand. Just take your mind of it and do the things you enjoy. That way it will be an "unexpected surprise."

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You got tracking info yes?

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You got tracking info yes?

I did.. Ordered friday afternoon, shipping info sent last night.. so things were promptly sent out which is promising.. ecigproseller - Never used them before but basically had all the items I wanted in one shot and should be quicker than FT.. plus 10% discount code

(and they accept PP which is always a plus)

Bambua

Member For 4 Years
I'd be curious if that mini rba deck would fit the full protank with the normal chimney top, it looks like it is about the same size as the coils. You'd have some pretty sick juice capacity with that :D

I'm pretty sure I will be picking up the mini to go along with my protank, it's such a good tank, and having one that would work my mechs would be great.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I did.. Ordered friday afternoon, shipping info sent last night.. so things were promptly sent out which is promising.. ecigproseller - Never used them before but basically had all the items I wanted in one shot and should be quicker than FT.. plus 10% discount code

It's always risky the first time around but then after the first experience you'll know. Just keep an eye for "movement" which is what's important. You don't want to see packages sit stationary for too long.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's always risky the first time around but then after the first experience you'll know. Just keep an eye for "movement" which is what's important. You don't want to see packages sit stationary for too long.

Yea I'm sure it will take a few days for tracking to get updated.. now goes the attempt to be patient.. he provides a 30 day warranty for everything even if just being dissatisfied so thats another thing that keeps me happy

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

I got something from cigabuy was sent on the 30th arrived on the 7th. Seriously got here quicker than an interstate package.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I got something from cigabuy was sent on the 30th arrived on the 7th. Seriously got here quicker than an interstate package.

oh wow! thats good to hear.. did you get expedited shipping too or just regular?

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
oh wow! thats good to hear.. did you get expedited shipping too or just regular?
Not sure it was a win.
Came super quick I was shocked, SHOCKED I tell ya...(channeled my inner smokie on that).
Did get a bit worried when it sat a few days in the LA black hole.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Not sure it was a win.
Came super quick I was shocked, SHOCKED I tell ya...(channeled my inner smokie on that).
Did get a bit worried when it sat a few days in the LA black hole.

I can deal with a 7 day wait for sure!.. Hopefully that means I'll have it by next monday.. or maybe since I got the expedited shipping it will be here by Fri/Sat - that would be just fucking lovely and make my weekend have some meaning for once :)

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My favorite local b&m has the subtank for $45 (plus I get a 15% military discount). I'm gonna be grabbing a second one soon because A) I love it and B) I want one to have in the RBA mode at all times :)

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think for the quality of the Subtank it's worth every penny. Strong build, large juice capacity and many options for vapors at all experience levels. When Kanger releases more resistance options for the Subtank and designs organic cotton coils for Aerotanks and Protanks there won't be much reason to look elsewhere. My intuition tells me that it will come down between Eleaf and Kanger fighting tooth and nail for the best tank on the market. Smok may make an impressive introduction as well. And yes, we must not forget our veterans and others who are trying to better their lives by moving away from cancer sticks. Be grateful for what you got and pass along the blessings to others.

Steam Powered

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm glad I held off on the first sub tank. I'd be pissed at Kanger right now.
I've put a lot of miles and a lot of mls through my two Atlantis and they're damn good tanks. Great vapor and coils last good.
I'll probably pick up a Nano when they hit just to see if the OCC heads are good. Not interested in the RBA decks. Got a Billow for K-fun style building.
All this Aspire vs Kanger don't mean squat to me. If it's a good piece I'll buy it.

Last edited:

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The OCC heads are excellent. They give good flavor and last reasonably well. I don't think they will be any different with the Nano or Mini outside of maybe being slightly smaller for the base. I'm very much looking forward to the Nano.

Drone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the video link Buttkickers. I think Kanger has made some great changes to the Subtank and I'm anxious to get the mini. It looks like they fixed all the irritating things about the 25mm Subtank and I can see the mini being a really nice tank. Time to pif my 25mm tanks since I'm sure I'll never use them again.

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Dimitri got his hands on the new 22mm and 18.5mm subtank(s)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NICE! Guess they realized there are issues with the o-rings. Wish I had some extras for mine.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's precisely what I was hoping to see with the Nano. I am looking forward to purchasing it in the coming weeks. Only wish that Kanger had released these versions on the first run. Never had leaking issues with the Subtank and the ring brings it down to 22 on the base. I personally don't see any reason to upgrade from the Subtank to Mini. Airflow slot and small size reduction is minimal for the asking of another $45. I can put those funds towards a new mod. The Nano is a different story. That tank "is" worth the upgrade to me. I can use it on all of my mods and conveniently take it anywhere I choose. It's lighter and much smaller than the Subtank. Nano for the road and Subtank around the house. I suspect the NANO will sell for around $28 once vendors get them in stock in the coming weeks. Same cotton coils. I'm very pleased. Hope it vapes just like my Subtank.

My friend this announcement could not have come at a better time. Thank you.

Last edited:

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
NICE! Guess they realized there are issues with the o-rings. Wish I had some extras for mine.
I've put probably 200ml through mine, and never had an issue. Weird.

I washed it, boxed it, and sitting tucked away til the next toy comes to review lol

I've been buying, and receiving so many tanks lately; that I use them long enough to get to know them, then wash them, and put them back in their packaging. Haven't had a bad tank in a while man.

Drone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For me the mini fixed these issues that I didn't like with the 25mm (not that I don't like the 25mm, it's a very good tank):

Better airflow with the Atlantis style slotted adjuster
Much improved airflow for the build deck... this is a very big deal to me
No changing top caps for stock coils/build deck
Better oring sealing
Standard drip tips fit and look right
22mm size instead of 25mm... this is a big deal to me also
Spare orings
Spare glass tank

For all the above reasons tis new tank is well worth the purchase to me. Like Dissonance said, I really wish they would have come out with this tank first. But I'm sure the friends I'm pifing my 25mm tanks to would argue differently. Quite honestly, I don't mind buying a new tank and if the 22mm came out first it would have had most of the original issues that this release fixes, so it is what it is and I'm just happy there will be an even better Subtank to enjoy.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've put probably 200ml through mine, and never had an issue. Weird.

I washed it, boxed it, and sitting tucked away til the next toy comes to review lol

I've been buying, and receiving so many tanks lately; that I use them long enough to get to know them, then wash them, and put them back in their packaging. Haven't had a bad tank in a while man.

That has been my experience as well no issues whatsoever. I was reading the thread where some people were experiencing leakage and I thought it must be one of two things, user error or an oversight in quality control. So I thought to contact other people I know that own the Subtank in order to see if they were having issue with leaks or the RBA and all had reported good performance. There will always be faulty units that fail to meet high quality control standards due to the mass production of these devices, fortunately most people are not having issues. Still, you got to feel bad for people who dropped $50 and were excited to get a good working tank for a pleasant vape. That would have been the time to get in touch with the vendor your purchased the tank from and get a replacement. My personal vendors would have honored the return without issue, otherwise I would never do business with them, which is why I'm very selective with whom I buy from. Overall, I don't see any reason whatsoever to upgrade to a mini and blow another $50. An airflow slot and slightly smaller size to me is not worth it. My airflow is satisfying, have no need for extra O-Rings and I can convert to 22mm with the ring. The inclusion of a glass tube is nice but I would imagine that they will be offering it for around $8 or less within a month of the release of these tanks. For me, it's a definite pass on the Mini and a yes for the Nano. It will come down to personal choice as some will choose to upgrade and that's fine, if it makes them happy that's all that matters. No right or wrong answers, just personal opinions. Anyhow, you and I have been on a long streak of good luck with gear my friend. Our time is coming nothing lasts forever, we'll have our rainy day, let's just hope it's not a Tsunami:D

Last edited:

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
For me the mini fixed these issues that I didn't like with the 25mm (not that I don't like the 25mm, it's a very good tank):

Better airflow with the Atlantis style slotted adjuster
Much improved airflow for the build deck... this is a very big deal to me
No changing top caps for stock coils/build deck
Better oring sealing
Standard drip tips fit and look right
22mm size instead of 25mm... this is a big deal to me also
Spare orings
Spare glass tank

For all the above reasons tis new tank is well worth the purchase to me. Like Dissonance said, I really wish they would have come out with this tank first. But I'm sure the friends I'm pifing my 25mm tanks to would argue differently. Quite honestly, I don't mind buying a new tank and if the 22mm came out first it would have had most of the original issues that this release fixes, so it is what it is and I'm just happy there will be an even better Subtank to enjoy.

Well you can use those funds instead and buy me the Nano. I would be most thankful :p Just kidding Drone.. Enjoy your Mini. I'm sure your friends will appreciate your unconditional gift of the Subtank and may even offer you their favorite juice in return for your kindness.

Last edited:

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I like the redesigned boxes. Has that unique Kanger glow about them.

Nice picture of the Nano Subtank 18.5mm and 3ml. Really hoped to see more resistance variances but I'm sure that will be coming very soon. Smok and Eleaf will be releasing their own tanks in the coming weeks as well. I think the industry has done just about everything imaginable as far as tanks go. This would be a good time to shift towards interchangeable cotton coils for the Kanger line of tanks and put more spare parts like o rings, tubes, drip tips and bases for sale. That way should issues arise you'll be able to quickly order the items from your vendor and patch your tank.

R0016996_1024x1024.JPG

Last edited:
Fairly new vaper here. Had a question regarding the compatibility of the Subtank Nano. I only have one mod currently which is the eleaf istick 20w, will the 1.2 ohm coil be compatible with the istick? I'm pretty sure the istick can handle 1 - 3 ohms but was wondering if this would be a good fit? I currenly own 3 tanks (nautilus mini, joyetech delta 19, and eleaf gs air) but want to get another tank because I notice I change flavors a lot. Thanks guys.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Fairly new vaper here. Had a question regarding the compatibility of the Subtank Nano. I only have one mod currently which is the eleaf istick 20w, will the 1.2 ohm coil be compatible with the istick? I'm pretty sure the istick can handle 1 - 3 ohms but was wondering if this would be a good fit? I currenly own 3 tanks (nautilus mini, joyetech delta 19, and eleaf gs air) but want to get another tank because I notice I change flavors a lot. Thanks guys.
The 1.2 ohm will work on the iStick, but not well. I think you need a 30 watt mod so you can crank the watts up to 25 or so...

Drone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just got the Subtank mini today. Stellar tank. So much better than the big Subtank in some very significant ways. Especially the build deck. No need to ever buy an OCC coil again if you like building... it's that good. Same airflow as with the OCC coil, but better airflow than the big Subtank. Airflow is the same as the Atlantis now. Really, really good. And it has the peek insulators. Just buy it. It's epic for a tank.

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My brother is getting me a mini as a late birthday/christmas present! Should be here soon :) I'll be sure to let you guys know how I think it compares to the full size.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If you want the new insulators for the 25mm version - send an email to Kanger - they are sending me out 2 different sizes for free next week (theres another thread that Buttkickers posted) <[email protected]>

I will be getting the nano next week hopefully.. I'm on refill #8 on the same wick and its still amazing.. I can't believe how good these OCC heads are performing! kanger really nailed this one..

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Anyone looking to get the new Subtank Mini or Nano for an excellent price from a quality place? You can now get them here at www.evape.us
They have very good prices on coils as well. I like my Subtank so I doubt I will be getting the Mini but my Nano is on the way. I have been looking forward to this tank for a while now. 3ml of juice is perfect and solid match for my IStick. Whichever Subtank you pick out of the three you can't go wrong, so your choice should be easy. Some tanks were built to win wars. The one below helped win the war against Nazi Germany. The Subtank was built to win your battle over tar, heart disease and cancer. So as you can see a tank was designed to follow you wherever you go, life is a battle be sure to win it.

IS2-3.jpg

Last edited:

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's going to take a lot to top the Subtank line of tanks. Kanger is going to ride their success all the way to the bank. The only tank I'm looking forward to now is the new SMOK VCT with the 4 core options, outside of that the Subtank is a torpedo that has yet to disappoint. All of Kanger's tanks have been good and this line is a huge step up from the Mega and Mini Aerotanks. They got everything right with the Subtanks and now there's an option for every vapor out there. I can't recommend these tanks enough.

Atlantis $40, Delta $40, Subtank ONLY $38, Mini $33 and Nano $25. Top flavor and ability to customize to your liking. Better build, options and quality. Save money and enjoy your experience. That's a win.:cool:

Last edited:

VU Sponsors