Become a Patron!

Typhon 100 Revvo Kit - Aspire

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the Typhon 100 Revvo Kit from Aspire. The kit was kindly supplied for the purpose of this review by Ema from Sourcemore.

https://www.sourcemore.com/aspire-typhon...-blue.html

In the Box

Contents:

1* Typhon 100 mod
1* Revvo tank
2* Coils (0.10-0.16ohm)
1* Glass tube
10* O-rings
1* USB cable
1* Warning card
1* User manual
1* Warranty card
1* Protective silicone cap

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

I do like the glossy, splashed paint effect finish on the device and full marks to Aspire for supplying a matching tank with the same splash finish, i received the Blue but it's also available in Red and Green. The design is very basic, just an all in one main body with top and base of the device screwed on but it is solid with no rattles and feels very nice quality. The top of the Typhon is Black apart from to one side there is an air fed spring loaded 510, the bottom is also black with a line of venting holes and safety stamps printed in white. The front of the device has aspire branding at the bottom and a Isosceles Trapezoid panel central which houses the 0.96 OLED screen and up / down buttons. The back of the device has the same Isosceles Trapezoid panel which contains the words "Typhon 100" written on the diagonal in a fancy font. Apart from the splash effect, both sides are featureless apart from towards the top on one side there is an oval fire button. The device is slightly taller and wider than the average sized device but with very curved sides it is ergonomically friendly.

Revvo Specs:

Size: 24 x 45mm/ 24 x 41mm (EU)
Capacity: 3.6ml/2ml (EU Edition)
Coil: 0.1-0.16ohm (50-100W, best 80-85W)
Thread: 510 thread
New Aspire Radial Coil (ARC) technology
Easy top press fill system
Adjustable top airflow
New added protective cap
Optional 3.6ml and 2ml

Revvo Design

I found the tank can be taken apart and put back together very easily despite it's unique design. The top section is double walled and has tri adjustable airflow inlets, airflow control ring and a removable drip cap. The base section has a frame to fit your glass onto and has the centre juice feeding pipe attached. Once you fit your glass there is a retaining ring that gets screwed onto the base to secure it in place. Before putting the top section on you slot your coil into the top of the bottom section (it slots into place perfectly with the juice feeding pipe coming through the centre). The coils are very interesting looking, they are disc shaped and look like a stove ring. There is what looks like a mini funnel you now screw over the top of the pipe, this also secures the coil in place. Now the top section can be screwed on. Filling the Revvo is just a matter of putting the nozzle of your juice bottle straight down the centre pipe which opens a valve and the tank fills, with most bottles there will be no need to remove the top cap.

The Airflow and Wicking

The top section has a double wall so the air goes down the cavity and hits the outer perimeter of the coil. Now physics takes over, the air heads towards the centre giving the full surface air coverage, when the air meets in the middle it get's forced upwards. The underside of the coil is packed with cotton and it is relying on the fact that the tilt of the tank when vaping will mean the liquid will come in contact with the cotton and keep it saturated.

Performance

The coils have quite a wide ohm variant, they can be between 0.1ohm and 0.16, however i only used 1 coil but i did fit the other to see what ohm it was and both coils i received were bang on 0.13. They are rated at 50w - 100w but i found them best at 80w which is higher than i would normally vape but that's where i found the sweet spot for flavour. The coils do give very good flavour, not outstanding but still better than average and the cloud was for me just silly. Trying to find the best wattage i started at 50w and even at that wattage the cloud production was ridiculous so if you like clouds you will love this. I only have one issue with the Revvo, and that's the capacity and wicking. I got the 3.6ml version and i found once you used 60% of the liquid the tilt wasn't fully wicking the coil and the vape was dryer so if you don't refill at this point you would start hitting dry hit city. This in real terms brought the 3.6ml capacity down to 2ml because every 2ml you need to top-up, 2ml with all that cloud production doesn't last long, the Revvo is very thirsty. I only mentioned i had the 3.6ml version because i could tolerate it but if i had the 2ml version i would find it too much of a hassle. Aspire do suggest holding your device upside down after every few vapes for a number of seconds but who really would want to take 5 draws followed by holding the mod upside down for 5 seconds continuously, not me that's for sure.

Typhon 100 Specs:

Size: 88.5 x 52 x 26mm
Battery: 5000mAh internal battery
Power Range: 1W-100W
Screen: 0.69-inch OLED
Standby Current: <500uA
Voltage Range: 0.5V-9.0V
Temperature Range: 200℉--600℉/100℃--315℃
Thread: Spring-loaded 510 connector
Compact and ergonomic TC Box MOD
5000mAh Large internal battery with 100W max power
VW/VV/Bypass/CPS/TCR modes with high performance
Compatible with most tanks with no overhang
Micro-USB port for quick charging and firmware upgrading
Colour: Blue, Green, Red

Using The Typhon

The Typhon is the standard 5 clicks on and off and when off any click on the device causes the device to display that 5 clicks are needed. The first thing i like about this device is that it has auto flip, so which ever way you hold the mod the screen will flip to be the right way up. The screen displays all the usual information but it's only a little thing (but you know what they say about simple things pleasing simple minds), i do like the way it tells you what mode you are in using the word rather than just a letter so it says "watts" or "voltage" rather than just displaying a "W" or a "V". The device has variable voltage mode which i haven't seen for a while on a device and also has custom curves which i always like to see. Pressing fire and the down button together locks and unlocks the device. To enter the menu system you need to press fire and up together. Now on the screen the mode you were in flashes and you can scroll through the modes using the up and down buttons, the modes are watts, voltage, bypass, custom curves, TC and TCR. Which ever mode you want you just press fire to select, if you select TC it then gives you wire choices and if you select TCR it gives you the 3 memory slot choices.

Performance

I only used the Typhon 100 with the Revvo and have already said how the Revvo performed. The device it'self i liked, it seems accurate and never fails to fire and i liked the simple menu system. I didn't use any other tanks but i did screw on the 25mm Zeus to see how it fitted and found there was about 0.25mm either side spare so a 25.5mm would sit flush, 26mm would give very slight overhang. The battery life was good, the 5000mAh inbuilt battery gave me the life i would expect from a duel 18650 device. The Typhon 100 has 2A charging capability and is fully firmware up-gradable.

Pros

Nice looking
Good build quality
Revvo Tank, new technology
Auto Flip
Variable voltage as well as wattage
Curves
Temp control
Good battery life
Good flavour from coils
Great cloud production

Cons

Will not be enough capacity with 2ml version
Ploughs through e-liquid
Need to top up eliquid when tank is still 30%-40% full.
Cloud might be too much for some
Inbuilt batteries won't suit everybody.

Conclusion

Despite finding fault i do actually like the Revvo tank and the technology. Constantly re-filling is a pain but i hope they don't abandon the idea but come up with a different method of getting juice to the coil. If you don't mind internal batteries and you vape below 100w i really don't see how the Typhon can be faulted, it has everything needed from a starter to an advanced user.

I would once again like to thank Ema from Sourcemore for supplying the Typhon 100 Revvo Kit for the purpose of this review.

https://www.sourcemore.com/aspire-typhon...-blue.html

VU Sponsors