Become a Patron!

Typical question about my protank2

Ok so let me start with the specs. I'm using a kanger protank2, new coil and evod battery.
I have changed out my coils, cleaned everything and I am still getting this burnt taste and am not tasting my juice as I should. Is it a tank problem? If so is there a fix for it? Or is my battery just too high? Please and thank you! I am relatively new to vaping so all suggestions are welcome. :)
xx dani

Rayboy55

Member For 4 Years
Need more info...what ohms are your coils and at what voltage are you set also what juice are you using and ratio VG and PG ...could be too much airflow and not creating vacuum to get your juice in there , i'm using protanks 2 with 70/30 vg/pg juice with 1.8 ohms coils at 4.3 volts or 10 watts and very good vape !!!

Mommay

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you are using high VG juice, you may need to remove a flavor wick, so more juice flows into your coil. You didn't say you were using a vv Evod, so I'm assuming you are using a constant output Evod battery, so unless the battery is faulty (possible), too much power is not your problem. If it is a vv battery, turn it down to the lowest setting & start working the power up until you find the level you like, without it tasting burned.

The Protank2 takes a single coil head. Make sure that is what you were sold. They are a bit smaller than the Kanger dual coil heads. Look at the silicone piece that sits above the coil, & around the stem. If it is aprox. 2mm (1/16"), it is the correct one. If the silicone piece is 4mm (1/8") then you have the wrong coil. Also, if there are no wick showing and the silicone is just a flat washer-type piece, then it is a newer dual coil - and also the wrong one. If you take a pull on your tank (without firing the battery) are you getting a good draw or is the airflow tight? It is possible that (if you have the right coils) your coil or tank is tightened down too far & limiting the airflow. If it's a regular size PT, check to make sure the airholes in the 510 base are clean & not clogged, also check the battery neck & make sure it is not blocking airflow. If you're using a PT2 mini, check the air hole in the base. It can even be drilled or filed a bit to increase the airflow.

Have you had this problem before or has something changed? New adapter? beauty ring? Let us know how things are going & if any of these things help. Good luck.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Ok so let me start with the specs. I'm using a kanger protank2, new coil and evod battery.
I have changed out my coils, cleaned everything and I am still getting this burnt taste and am not tasting my juice as I should. Is it a tank problem? If so is there a fix for it? Or is my battery just too high? Please and thank you! I am relatively new to vaping so all suggestions are welcome. :)
xx dani
Ohms and volts definitely matter here.... What ohm is your coil head and what volts are you running your evod at?
If it's a standard 3.7v Evod.. I recommend at least a 2.0ohm coil. I personally use 2.4-2.5.
Also.. if your juice is too high in VG it is most likely not wicking properly. Try a higher PG juice.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I do use a higher PG juice. I always remove the flavor wicks with the stock coils and really no flooding issues for me. People slam the Protanks all the time, but I've always enjoyed mine. They give you some great input. Hope you get it figured out :)

VU Sponsors