Become a Patron!

UD zephyrus not firing on cool fire 4

DaCubs14

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So I just got the UD zephyrus in the mail, I set up with juice let it sit and put it on my cool fire 4 and the mod is telling me Shorted? Not really sure why it would be doing that.

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What Ohm coil are you using? A 0.3 Ohm coil is the lowest you can go. The other option is that you have a bad coil, or it's inserted wonky into the base.

Some coils are 0.28 or 0.27 Ohms, the Coolfire is an accurate mod, so it won't fire them below it's threshold of 0.3 Ohm.

If you are using the RBA deck, check to make sure your coil isn't touching the base and that the leads are not cross-shorting on the build deck.

Last edited:

DaCubs14

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The stock 0.3 so what i figured out was if it didn't tighten go the mod to much it works, but boy it gets warm

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ah, you were probably squishing the spring loaded 510 positive contact down too far. Yes, it will get very warm with a 0.3 Ohm coil. What watts are you running it at?

DaCubs14

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Right now just in the low 20's

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You are in for a treat. Crank it up to 30 and then 35, then 40. That coil performs it's best at high watts. BIG clouds are on the way.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The zephyrus 510 pin has a sharp lip that tares the insulation when screwed in to tight or the mod pin is cock eyed.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Any sub ohm tank running a low ohms coil is going to get warm...it's normal...you have a really hot coil in a really small space and it's going to radiate heat in all directions after a few drags in a row....as long as it's not getting burning hot instantly on the first drag it's more than likely just the coil doing what it does...enjoy :)

VU Sponsors