Become a Patron!

Ugh vapers tongue

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Jesus Christ I think I got the dreaded vapers tongue. Can't taste any if my juices using tanks, RTA, or dripping. I'm screwed. Not sick just lost taste this am after switching mouthwash last 2 days. Brushed tongue, sniffed strong coffee but no luck. Any suggestions for quick remedy ? ????

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 Dumbphone

Vapingbeauty

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yikes that suck 10 days when I got it ......it was a long 10 days

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Yikes that suck 10 days when I got it ......it was a long 10 days

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Well that doesn't make me feel better lolol. Drinking tons of water and trying what I have read but no luck yet.

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was in denial when I had it but man does it exist, so weird.....took 3 weeks for me and it started when I started DIY'ing so it was really screwing with my head!!!! I still don't think it has gone away completely or my juices I'm making truly taste like shit....I think a bit of both :) good luck man it sucks.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I was in denial when I had it but man does it exist, so weird.....took 3 weeks for me and it started when I started DIY'ing so it was really screwing with my head!!!! I still don't think it has gone away completely or my juices I'm making truly taste like shit....I think a bit of both :) good luck man it sucks.
I may have had it for a bit as,well cause lately my juices have tasted "off" going to get tongue scrapper now n hopes it helps cause not vaping my favorite cantaloupe custard is pissing me off lolol

VapnJake

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm afraid this is what's going on with me... what all remedies are there that I can try?

rolltidevaper

Still here! Just covered up with "life"
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I don't think I've actually had vapers tongue, but once in a while my juice will just have no taste (and I DIY using the same juice all the time). I had some grapefruit slices in the fridge and they seemed to help! You can get the "Dole" ones in the little cups with their own juice. If you don't like grapefruit, you might try something else citrus. Seems to clean the palette.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My cure although unconventional with vaping works for me: Vape Pluid or another strong Anise flavored eliquid for a couple days. By then your tongue will be jonesing for anything but Anise or Pluid. It works, try it.

rolltidevaper

Still here! Just covered up with "life"
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
My cure although unconventional with vaping works for me: Vape Pluid or another strong Anise flavored eliquid for a couple days. By then your tongue will be jonesing for anything but Anise or Pluid. It works, try it.
I've heard that as well!!! Must be something to it.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The Anise tends to hit a lot of the flavor areas of the tongue all at once, Sweet - Sour - Savory - Bitter all at once. Shock therapy for your tongue.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I've tried everything when I had it bad. Sniffing strong coffee, switching juice, drinking pickle juice, eating a pickle, cough drops, chugging a sugary soda, drinking REALLY STRONG coffee. I'm always hydrated, I always brush my tongue. I think all I did was piss myself off by eating or drinking things I normally wouldn't.

What worked? Time.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've tried everything when I had it bad. Sniffing strong coffee, switching juice, drinking pickle juice, eating a pickle, cough drops, chugging a sugary soda, drinking REALLY STRONG coffee. I'm always hydrated, I always brush my tongue. I think all I did was piss myself off by eating or drinking things I normally wouldn't.

What worked? Time.
You don't like pickles? Drinking Pickle juice, eeeeyuck...

Steamin Demon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The term vapers tongue is a bit misleading.
Your tongue tastes bitter, sweet, salty, sour.
The rest of the vape your are tasting with your nose.
You're senses build up a tolerance to prolonged exposure of a smell.
I change up my fluids constantly to try to avoid this.
Some times I won't try a new recipe until first thing in the morning.
The only thing I have found to cure mine is time or vaping a complete
Y different strong flavor. Menthol, anise, coffee etc.
But it really sucks! Good luck

VapnJake

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Im planning to switch to my coffee tomorrow morning when I get off work... hopefully that will help some with mine... I have been vaping this flavor for a few days now...

Satchvai

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I keep Flonase and strong coffee grounds handy. If it gets bad, I start vaping the nasty e-juice in my sock drawer that I bought on an impulse and leave my tasty juices alone until it comes back.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Lots of water as usual.

A good Kosher Dill Pickle and Mild Salad Peppers can help.

Biotene mouthwash will help a lot but at first it leaves a really funky aftertaste in my mouth.

And like ZZ said, some really strong flavors. Me, I like BEJ Jungle Juice for the rare occasions I get it.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Lots of water as usual.

A good Kosher Dill Pickle and Mild Salad Peppers can help.

Biotene mouthwash will help a lot but at first it leaves a really funky aftertaste in my mouth.

And like ZZ said, some really strong flavors. Me, I like BEJ Jungle Juice for the rare occasions I get it.
I used a tongue scrapper for a while last night. This morning it was much better and I was able to taste my vape but as the day is progressing, its slowly disappearing again. I am gonna keep on lots of water and plan on many pickles tonight lololol.....

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Got a little of this myself today, I rinse usually with Biotene' and that helps a lot!!
Gotta some of that. Heard that recommended few times now lolol

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have some of that stuff. Everytime I use it it dries out my mouth really bad, lol. One of the main ingredients is PG, so that made sense.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I have some of that stuff. Everytime I use it it dries out my mouth really bad, lol. One of the main ingredients is PG, so that made sense.
Interesting. You would think if it works it would hydrate you vs the opposite

Condensation

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
another vaper told me they put wasabi on their tongue. I'm just thinking about hamburgers and pickles now darn it.
Just wanted to mention wasabi can be a lot for some people and I've also seen people eat it. Don't go putting a bunch in your mouth especially if you've never had it before. Damn it now I'm thinking about sushi

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
another vaper told me they put wasabi on their tongue. I'm just thinking about hamburgers and pickles now darn it.
Just wanted to mention wasabi can be a lot for some people and I've also seen people eat it. Don't go putting a bunch in your mouth especially if you've never had it before. Damn it now I'm thinking about sushi
I use Wasabi on my Bratwurst instead of Horsie Radish.

Satchvai

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Lays had a Wasabi and ginger chip out for awhile this summer. That worked on olfactory fatigue pretty well too.

VU Sponsors