UK Members - Trusted Battery Retailers?

32bitlord

TPD Compliant
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey guys!
I'm from the UK and my regular battery retailer does not seem to be stocking anything other than 25R's at the minute so I'm looking for a good, UK based, 18650 dealer whom keeps a good range of the popular 18650 brands/models in stock.
I have found several dealers dealers online with great ranges however due to the amount of counterfeit batteries floating around i wanted to make sure I'm buying from a trustworthy reputable dealer.
Thanks!

Sent from my Apple Newton using Tapatalk

IMFire3605

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Hey guys!
I'm from the UK and my regular battery retailer does not seem to be stocking anything other than 25R's at the minute so I'm looking for a good, UK based, 18650 dealer whom keeps a good range of the popular 18650 brands/models in stock.
I have found several dealers dealers online with great ranges however due to the amount of counterfeit batteries floating around i wanted to make sure I'm buying from a trustworthy reputable dealer.
Thanks!

The top 3 I've found listed by UK/EU members on several boards are these

UK/Europe Region (credit @conanthewarrior)
Fogstar (https://www.fogstar.co.uk/) UK
Batteries plus (http://batteriesplus.co.uk/) UK
Nkon (https://eu.nkon.nl/) Netherlands

Another would be to check Torchy UK

32bitlord

TPD Compliant
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
The top 3 I've found listed by UK/EU members on several boards are these

UK/Europe Region (credit @conanthewarrior)
Fogstar (https://www.fogstar.co.uk/) UK
Batteries plus (http://batteriesplus.co.uk/) UK
Nkon (https://eu.nkon.nl/) Netherlands

Another would be to check Torchy UK

Excellent thanks! I already checked out Fogstar and it seemed like a decent place but I just wanted to be sure from someone who has used them with no issues. I'll be sure to check out batteriesplus too.
Another I found were called 18650.uk, have you ever heard of them?

IMFire3605

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Excellent thanks! I already checked out Fogstar and it seemed like a decent place but I just wanted to be sure from someone who has used them with no issues. I'll be sure to check out batteriesplus too.
Another I found were called 18650.uk, have you ever heard of them?

As far as 18650.uk, I'm USA so you would have to ask one of the UK/EU members if any reply, TBH I don't know if they are trustworthy or not, the 3 I listed have the highest ratings, along with Torchythebatterboy/Torchythebatteryboi on UKVapers forums, believe he has either an eBay or Amazon vendor's page.

32bitlord

TPD Compliant
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
As far as 18650.uk, I'm USA so you would have to ask one of the UK/EU members if any reply, TBH I don't know if they are trustworthy or not, the 3 I listed have the highest ratings, along with Torchythebatterboy/Torchythebatteryboi on UKVapers forums, believe he has either an eBay or Amazon vendor's page.

Thanks for the reply. I went ahead and tried Fogstar and they are great. Fast next day delivery and the 30Q's that I ordered were definitely genuine batteries. They are supplied in small handy plastic cases and they also supply some small battery sleeves and terminal stickers which I presume are either for disposal or travel use. Definitely recommended, thanks for the heads up!

IMFire3605

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Thanks for the reply. I went ahead and tried Fogstar and they are great. Fast next day delivery and the 30Q's that I ordered were definitely genuine batteries. They are supplied in small handy plastic cases and they also supply some small battery sleeves and terminal stickers which I presume are either for disposal or travel use. Definitely recommended, thanks for the heads up!

The sleeves and terminal stickers are generally for insulator replacement, sleeves are heat shrink wrap if the wrap is ever torn, and the terminal stickers are for the positive end, there is a little circular wafer there under the wrap to sepperate the positive end and negative tube of the battery. These do get damaged over time, the positive end is especially a worry as just a nick in that top corner edge there can be troublesome and cause a short. Replacement is easy, remove the wrap, check the insulator ring to see if it is still in good shape, if badly damaged replace it, replace the insulator ring onto the positive end or place the new one, slide over one of the sleeves leaving equal excess at each end, take a hair dryer set on high heat, let hair dryer get to temp, and heat the wrap to shrink around the battery and insulator ring snuggly, rolling the battery over as you go, pay extra attention to areas that produce a wrinkle. And glad you found a good vendor, sounds like Illumination Supply and Liion Wholesale here in the states.

32bitlord

TPD Compliant
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
The sleeves and terminal stickers are generally for insulator replacement, sleeves are heat shrink wrap if the wrap is ever torn, and the terminal stickers are for the positive end, there is a little circular wafer there under the wrap to sepperate the positive end and negative tube of the battery. These do get damaged over time, the positive end is especially a worry as just a nick in that top corner edge there can be troublesome and cause a short. Replacement is easy, remove the wrap, check the insulator ring to see if it is still in good shape, if badly damaged replace it, replace the insulator ring onto the positive end or place the new one, slide over one of the sleeves leaving equal excess at each end, take a hair dryer set on high heat, let hair dryer get to temp, and heat the wrap to shrink around the battery and insulator ring snuggly, rolling the battery over as you go, pay extra attention to areas that produce a wrinkle. And glad you found a good vendor, sounds like Illumination Supply and Liion Wholesale here in the states.

Interesting, it didn't occur to me that these could be for repairing batteries and I probably would of thrown them away. Thanks for the heads up again!

VU Sponsors