Become a Patron!

ULTEX T80 with Cubis Max - first impressions

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Okay - the usual disclaimer - the ULTEX T80 with Cubis Max was sent to me for review. It will not change my opinions of it.

I like the device however, I wanted to know what material is used for the heating element. I needed to find out that it is completely safe. Joytech assured me it was kanthal even though it is a black colour. It must be coated or treated. I’m on the fence here. The mod though is awesome minus the fact that you can only adjust in 1 watt increments. Cloud production and flavour are both on point.

0ZTDvzP.jpg

Now the NCFilm (the heating element) on the supplied Cubis Max tank is really innovative. I imagine the filter lasting a long time. You unscrew the filter and remove the cotton. Rescrew and dry burn. Replace cotton. Easy peasy. This is a very unique system. And it’s about time we get heating elements that last more than a week! I mean a coil less design is cool.

AaYY2yB.jpg

Now I would not use this for MTL. You have only one watt increments. The tank also is not really an MTL tank. It capes best between 55-65 watts. Also I never tested TC. If the coil is kanthal I cannot use this tank in TC. It is a very easy menu too use with power, TC sand bypass modes. Nice screen. I enjoyed it a lot in power mode.

2w3KqiW.jpg

So a very good mod. Nicely built. Lots of colour options. You can put any tank on it with 80 watts of power to play with. Feels nice in the hand. The tank, although the new filter system is great, has a few minor issues. Why is the kanthal black? It does spit occasionally. But the flavour and clouds for a pen device - awesome.

7ERg1mf.png

YOLjLy8.jpg

I love the fact that it is NOT built in battery. Im like to use my 18650s. I have no issue externally charging them although there is a USB port if you want to charge internally. Let’s sum this up my way:

Pros
Great flavour and Vapor production
No leaks from the tank
Easy to rewick
Great juice capacity
Comfortable form factor
Smooth battery cap threads
Easy fill port

Cons
Mod gets hot after a few hits
Drip tip is too tall for my taste but prevents a bit of spit back
Can only adjust by one watt increments
Occasionally get juice in the mouth
Air flow sounds very turbulent when closed down for a restricted draw - this tank is not great four MTL

Info:

Joyetech Ultex T80 Mod Features:

• Colors: Matte Black, Blue, Gold, Silver, Dazzling
• Size: 95*26mm
• Battery: Single 18650 High Rate Battery (Sold Separately)
• Output Wattage Range: 1-80W
• Screen: 0.49 Inch OLED Screen
• Working Modes: Power, Bypass, TC-NI, TC-TI, TC-SS, TCR
• Micro USB Charing Support
• 2A Quick Charge System
• Firmware Upgradeable
• Dual Circuit Protection
• Timeout Protection
• Over-Charging Protection
• Short-Circuit Protection
• Overall Battery Protection
• Over-Discharge Protection

Joyetech Cubis Max Tank Features:

• Colors: Matte Black, Blue, Gold, Silver, Dazzling
• Size: 50*28mm
• E Juice Capacity: 5.0ML
• Heater: Joyetech NCFilm Heater(Kanthal 0.25OHM)
• Push-To-Open Top Refill Design
• Top Airflow Adjustable Design

Here is what joy tech has to say:

1. Innovative Joyetech NCFilmTM with coil-less design
2. Large heating area, heat evenly
3. Huge clouds and decent flavor
4. Long life-span (at least 3 months)
5. Convenient to change the cotton
6. Regulated vape pen, up to 80W
7. Using replaceable 18650 battery with 2A quick charge
8. Intuitive 0.49-inch display
Honestly have no problem with that. It’s pretty darn accurate.

So would I recommend this set up? Yes, I would. Just for the mod I would. And if you feel okay with the heating element than even better. You can get it here :

http://www.joyetech.com/product/ultex-t80-cubis-max/

VU Sponsors