Become a Patron!

Ultra 60 TC x Petri v2 Rda

McJane

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Can anyone help me on what wire I should use and build for my Jomo Ultra 60 tc mod and petri v2 rda? I want it a flavor chase build. You're suggestions will help me a lot. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_1617.JPG
    IMG_1617.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 9

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Considering its a 60w device you cant build too low as you wont have the power to do so...I would maybe try a simple spaced SS316 wire (if your mod does TC with 316SS) with like 11 or 12 wraps on a 3mm inside diameter which should give you somewhere between a .4 to a .5 ohm build...you should find 35 to 40 watts to be enough power to get you some warmth and flavor from it all...Just keep your ohms at .4 or above and you can try an assortment of different builds to suit your taste..There is no Magic flavor coil for everyone...Exotic Super dupper forged titanium alien predator spiderman coils would want a lot more power than 60w...A simple Clapton or a simple twisted or spaced wire should work well with the power you have.

McJane

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes I'm vaping it at 35-40w tho I would want 0.3-0.4ohm only. Btw, what is simple spaced ss316 wire?

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
spaced wire is like a coil spring..You have space between each wrap

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
SS is short for stainless steel...The wire material

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Kanthal is a different wire but, is the most common wire used; just not in TC mode.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
for 40 watts you wouldn't need more than maybe a 26 gage wire...Im not familiar with your mod so I don't know if it does TC with SS316 or not...you would have to look at the specs of the mod and see.

McJane

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
for 40 watts you wouldn't need more than maybe a 26 gage wire...Im not familiar with your mod so I don't know if it does TC with SS316 or not...you would have to look at the specs of the mod and see.
Ok thanks for the help. ☺️

doc_iguana

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Yes? Can you suggest a build for my vape?
on the petri, you are already ahead of the curve, overall, for a flavor chase build - it's an excellent flavor atty... personally, i use exclusively stainless steel wire - ss316, to be specific - for a mod with a max wattage of 60 watts, i would probably go with a single core ss clapton wire - maybe 28g core, 32g wraps to keep ohms in the .3-4 range on a dual coil build - my go to for great premade clapton wire in ss is advancedvapesupply.com out of denver - you can get wire in spools, 'wire shots' (5 inch pre-cut lengths), or pre-made coils - you could easily pick up a 10 pack of pre-made coils (ss clapton 28/32g - 3mm ID, 6 wraps) from them here https://www.advancedvapesupply.com/...oil-26g-or-28g-30g-or-32g?variant=17509281537

then, all you have to do is install em, adjust, wick and get ready for a flava bomb

McJane

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
on the petri, you are already ahead of the curve, overall, for a flavor chase build - it's an excellent flavor atty... personally, i use exclusively stainless steel wire - ss316, to be specific - for a mod with a max wattage of 60 watts, i would probably go with a single core ss clapton wire - maybe 28g core, 32g wraps to keep ohms in the .3-4 range on a dual coil build - my go to for great premade clapton wire in ss is advancedvapesupply.com out of denver - you can get wire in spools, 'wire shots' (5 inch pre-cut lengths), or pre-made coils - you could easily pick up a 10 pack of pre-made coils (ss clapton 28/32g - 3mm ID, 6 wraps) from them here https://www.advancedvapesupply.com/...oil-26g-or-28g-30g-or-32g?variant=17509281537

then, all you have to do is install em, adjust, wick and get ready for a flava bomb
Thank you very much! :)

McJane

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Hi, is it okay to use 26g ss twisted wire for my Dual coil or n90 28g twisted wire?

Last edited:

doc_iguana

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Hi, is it okay to use 26g ss twisted wire for my Dual coil or n90 28g twisted wire?
really is going to depend on how those builds ohm out - dual 26g twisted coils are likely going to be lower ohm-wise than dual n90 28g twisted - in either case, you are going to be running pretty close to top end of mods power capabilities, i believe... i would try the n90 28g first, personally

McJane

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
really is going to depend on how those builds ohm out - dual 26g twisted coils are likely going to be lower ohm-wise than dual n90 28g twisted - in either case, you are going to be running pretty close to top end of mods power capabilities, i believe... i would try the n90 28g first, personally
Or maybe I should use dual 28g twisted coils instead of 26g?

VU Sponsors