Become a Patron!

Ultrasonic Cleaner Help

32bitlord

TPD Compliant
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm getting fed up with scrubbing fiddly little bits from RDA's RTA's etc and have been thinking about picking up a relatively cheap UC to help.
I don't need anything that would polish the Titanic but at the same time I want something relatively competent, probably around or under about 50.
The one that always pops up on results is the VGT-800 which has many different brands including one rebranded by coil master.
Reviews on this are very mixed with some saying it does its job well for what it costs and others saying that they are completely useless. The issue with the timer not going over 3 minutes is not really an issue for me as I don't mind doing 3-4 cycles for how often I will need to use it. I do however want to make sure that it actually does what it is supposed to since some people say that it doesn't do anything, however I get the feeling that many of these reviews are from people inexperienced with UC's and are expecting a little too much perhaps.
Does anyone have any experience with the VGT800 and could possibly offer any advice as to whether they are any good for the price or if there is a better alternative.
It is only going to be used for tanks and maybe the odd piece of jewellery so I don't need anything super powered.

6f46e7423078e6b19268dad006a469b1.jpg

Sent from my ZX Spectrum using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Picked up that one myself does the job few drops of dish soap and hot water let it sit for a little while
Before use

I put my gunked up coil in there and it did clean it up ...had to give it a little scrub with a nylon brush in between mind you but 3-4 cycles it was done came up really well and considering it was 40g staple coil lots of little nooks to get clean ...

Also put the missus jewellerery in there. It didn't get them up polish clean but did remove all the dirt between the stones and what not again a gentle scrub with a nylon brush help to speed the process up so few cycles needed

I mean it's ok it does the job..... are there more efficient ones out there yep but from my research at this price range they are all much the same

VU Sponsors