Become a Patron!

Ultrasonic Cleaner

SpectoVia

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU SWAT
Okay ultrasonic cleaner users....

I got my ultrasonic cleaner today. Let's hear what you use to clean your vape gear.

Alcohol?
Dawn?
Vodka?
JP-4?
The venom of an Eastern Brown Snake?

Thanks

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay ultrasonic cleaner users....

I got my ultrasonic cleaner today. Let's hear what you use to clean your vape gear.

Alcohol?
Dawn?
Vodka?
JP-4?
The venom of an Eastern Brown Snake?

Thanks
Eastern brown... hahahahahahahaha... everyone knows you only use timber rattlers fed on kangaroo rats and quails eggs. And rendered bear grease on the o-rings afterwards... duh...

Ok... silliness aside, I use a singilar drop of dawn in hot as I can stand water, followed by two rinses in clean water.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Mr RELENTLESS

Member For 3 Years
Dawn with a PINCH of BORAX in hot water is amazing the BORAX does something and adds oxygen to the mix all sorts of chemical processes happen when BORAX is added. It's safe harmless and works wonders. It boosts the Dawn is all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CJ-3

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Dish soap and water. The drip top gets an extra cleaning with a q-tip and alcohol.

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just use straight warm water.

I use dawn soap only on the initial wash of new equipment to remove machine oil. Then run it in clean water.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hot water and a few drops of dish washing liquid.

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk

scalewiz

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You don't need to buy any expensive chemicals for your cleaner. Just a small amount of Dawn will be sufficient in most cases. The cleaning action from the microscopic cavitations/bubbles is what does the cleaning. Avoid using an ultrasonic cleaner on painted items, colored glass and silica wicks. In my experience the ultrasonic cleaner is too powerful and will damage them. It can also be damaging to electronic circuit boards and parts should you decide to expand its use beyond vaping. It can weaken solder joints and damage transformer windings.

If you do have a heated cleaner, it is best to stay away from flammable mixtures such as strong alcohol-based solutions.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I dont know anything about these. Is more of a polish machine or can it do more. A big question is does it clean factory coils and does it do it well. Can you put a used Baby Beast T8 coil and have it come out like new?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I dont know anything about these. Is more of a polish machine or can it do more. A big question is does it clean factory coils and does it do it well. Can you put a used Baby Beast T8 coil and have it come out like new?
It's a cleaner not a polisher. As far as coils go I haven't been able to clean any and get consistent use out of them. They do come clean but more often than not after I let them dry out they leak.

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk

SpectoVia

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU SWAT
IMG_0320.JPG

I appreciate everybody that responded. I ran this load with water and a drop or two of Dawn for two 8 minute cycles. Rinsed thoroughly and two more cycles with just water. These items weren't gunked up or anything, but very happy with the results

I only got clued into using this item for vaping through info gleaned from this community. Many thanks VU.

SpectoVia

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU SWAT

That's a good question. I have gads of Amigo 0.5 ohm and some VapMod X-Tank factory coils to experiment on.
Stay tuned.
I wouldn't think a cycle with Dawn would do anything positive to any flavor issues. Maybe water with a little bit of alcohol? Anybody else try the factory coil thing?

jazzman

"I'm Old, Fat and Ugly with a crappy attitude!
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For factory coils, sub-ohm coils, I run then in HOT water. I let them soak for about an hour or 2 then rinse in HOT water. Then once a get them as clean as possible, I soak them in Vodka for about 8 hours. then I take them out to air dry. Sub-ohm coils are too expensive to use just once then throw them away. Get as much miliage out of them as possible. That's how I do my coils.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've cleaned some of my Baby Beast coils in the ultrasonic. Turned out pretty well, but you have to let them dry completely (which takes several hours) or else your juice will taste funky. And I'd definitely recommend using purified water or vodka (but no soap).

strigamort

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I actually use soap to wash my factory coils. I use water as hot as I can stand to quickly dip my finger in. Swirl the coils around at the bottom of a coffee mug and then let them sit until the water is room temp. I then use a q tip to swab out the inside where the coils are nasty. It removes, I'd say, around 90% of the gunk. Then I run cold water through the coils for a couple of minutes, blow out the water as much as possible, then repeat with water.

To dry I take the coils and set them in a pan on the stove. I monitor the temperature by picking them up every few seconds. When they get too hot to hold I turn the heat off. No problems with o rings.

I then keep them until ready to use again. I do this with smok baby coils and tfv12 coils.

Only thing I've noticed is that after doing it a couple of times the dry cotton doesn't wick as well. I'm not sure if it's getting compressed or what, but 3 cycles is great for me.

I'll be buying an us cleaner soon.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

RonMack

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vinegar n water with a couple drops of dawn dish liquid or lemon juice instead of vinegar.

VU Sponsors