Become a Patron!

Ultrasonic cleaning of kanger and aspire coils

Brushy Bill

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have seen many threads here on cleaning these disposable coils.
Folks using vodka or everclear. They talk of putting them in a closed container
and shaking them. Many have reported good results.

Today, I spent 22 bucks on an ultrasonic jewelry cleaner.
It has two tanks, I put 100 proof legal shine in both tanks.

I threw some aspire triton clapton coils (works great in the nautilus and aspire mini)
in and some of the .5ohm coils for my kanger subtank mini's in the left tank.
set it on the high setting and let it run for about an hour.

Took them out and put them in the right tank for a rinse for about 15 minutes.

The kanger coils were used for nearly three weeks and after
cleaning they seem to work great.
I seldom run the aspire coils more than a week, they too work great after
cleaning.

The vertical kanger coils looks very shiny after cleaning (the actual coil)
and the cotton is white.
I use a fruit stripe gum flavored juice which gets dark in the tank, the cotton came
out white as new.

I started vaping in mid december and soon read the threads here on cleaning
coils. Since then I started saving them, hoping to try ultrasonic cleaning.
Very glad i did.

Connoisseurs Lasonic jewelry cleaner
IMG_20160228_022647.jpg

IMG_20160228_022630.jpg

wheelie

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why clean them? I recoil and rewick and they vape a lot better than they did when they were new. I went to a cloud contest and the whole place was stunned with the clouds I was putting out with my factory rebuild Aspire Atlantis/Triton coils. Vertical coils are easier to build than horizontal coils. Vertical you just need to get air space the right size for airflow down the middle. But if cleaning them works for you, that is better than buying them. I have never had cleaning them work as long or the same as new. CHEERS!

Brushy Bill

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Why clean them? I recoil and rewick and they vape a lot better than they did when they were new. I went to a cloud contest and the whole place was stunned with the clouds I was putting out with my factory rebuild Aspire Atlantis/Triton coils. Vertical coils are easier to build than horizontal coils. Vertical you just need to get air space the right size for airflow down the middle. But if cleaning them works for you, that is better than buying them. I have never had cleaning them work as long or the same as new. CHEERS!

I have wrapped coils for the rba in the subtank mini they worked great. If I wanted to make coils, I would probably keep
using it rather than rebuilding the factory coils. I have watched videos of it being done, it didn't appear to be much harder
(if any) than building the rba.
Since I have COPD, the lung capacity is not up to making huge clouds. So no use in me trying, just glad to be enjoying my nicotine
and not coughing up a lung.
I will see just how much life I can get out of these coils. It looks like the ultrasonic cleaner will pay for itself.
Thanks for the input.

wheelie

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cool. Glad it is working for you. Your idea can help others also. CHEERS!

VU Sponsors