Become a Patron!

Unable to draw on my Vaporesso Target Mini

splucked

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My 2 day old mod was working perfectly last night. Tons of cloud and flavor. Woke up this morning and got a horrible dry hit. Within a minute it became nearly impossible to draw, producing little cloud, zero flavor and the tank's getting quite hot very quickly.

I broke it down, cleaned/dried everything, primed a new CCell coil, filled tank, closed it up and let it sit for over an hour while I surfed the net. Same hard draw issue when I tried again. That was 12 hrs ago and I can't identify the problem. Tried breaking it in by graduating the watts. Same with temp. No luck. The air flow appears to be free of juice and the battery is fully charged.

I love this little mod and I'm so disappointed that I've had to use the Kanger subvod all day. I want the big cloud and big flavor back! Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks much!

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What tank are you using, and is that the only tank you tried on it?

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have you got another you can try on it? Sounds like a juice flow issue? Wick isn't getting wet enough

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can you take a picture of your tank & Build?
I never used the Guardian, but maybe folks here can give you some additional help by seeing what you have.

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When my ccells act like that, I wrap a paper towel around the base air holes, and give a good hard blow to clear anything out of the airway path. They heat up fast when they're dry.

splucked

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When my ccells act like that, I wrap a paper towel around the base air holes, and give a good hard blow to clear anything out of the airway path. They heat up fast when they're dry.

Thank you for the suggestion. I did try that. No luck.

MagicJosh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My 2 day old mod was working perfectly last night. Tons of cloud and flavor. Woke up this morning and got a horrible dry hit. Within a minute it became nearly impossible to draw, producing little cloud, zero flavor and the tank's getting quite hot very quickly.

I broke it down, cleaned/dried everything, primed a new CCell coil, filled tank, closed it up and let it sit for over an hour while I surfed the net. Same hard draw issue when I tried again. That was 12 hrs ago and I can't identify the problem. Tried breaking it in by graduating the watts. Same with temp. No luck. The air flow appears to be free of juice and the battery is fully charged.

I love this little mod and I'm so disappointed that I've had to use the Kanger subvod all day. I want the big cloud and big flavor back! Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks much!
I'm from Beantown as well! I saw one of your other posts! Hey man If you like big clouds try a RX200S or something with a Griffin RTA or a TFV8 or TFV4 you will be blowing big clouds all day long my friend! Just wanted to add my 2 cents sorry! From my experiences with some mods, they loose thier power and sometimes liquid gets into them and they turn into bricks, They blow crappy clouds and you never use them again your money is just wasted. I have like 4 mods like that from when I started vaping.

splucked

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can you take a picture of your tank & Build?
I never used the Guardian, but maybe folks here can give you some additional help by seeing what you have.

Stock Vaporesso Target Mini Starter Kit mod/tank/drip tip.Target Mini.jpg

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use the other type Vaporesso ccell w/ bottom airflow. Looking at that design, your problem is the reason I gave up on the cup design tanks. The top airflow type coil airway is incorporated into the coil via an inner cylinder within a cylinder, with thin space, so the slightest amount of juice weep would clog it.

splucked

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm from Beantown as well! I saw one of your other posts! Hey man If you like big clouds try a RX200S or something with a Griffin RTA or a TFV8 or TFV4 you will be blowing big clouds all day long my friend! Just wanted to add my 2 cents sorry! From my experiences with some mods, they loose thier power and sometimes liquid gets into them and they turn into bricks, They blow crappy clouds and you never use them again your money is just wasted. I have like 4 mods like that from when I started vaping.

Hey there, Josh! Always nice to meet a fellow Masshole. I do like big clouds but everything you just told me is like reading a foreign language. I've been vaping for less than a month. I'm lucky if I can find the fire button on a pen. lol

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks Rat, Oh wow, There is no way I know anything about those, Sorry splucked
Gonna move thread to RBA/RDA section to see if anyone in there can help, Good luck:wave:

Note> The child proof threads would DEF work on me:facepalm:

splucked

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OK folks ... my Kangertech subvod just locked up like the Target. Absolutely crazy! The humidity is currently high ... temp in the 90s. Could this be affecting the pressure in the tanks?

splucked

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ack. nope. ignore last post. I accidentally spun the airflow adjuster. Sorry.

splucked

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use the other type Vaporesso ccell w/ bottom airflow. Looking at that design, your problem is the reason I gave up on the cup design tanks. The top airflow type coil airway is incorporated into the coil via an inner cylinder within a cylinder, with thin space, so the slightest amount of juice weep would clog it.

This is what I get for impulse shopping. Is there no way to unclog it?

MagicJosh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey there, Josh! Always nice to meet a fellow Masshole. I do like big clouds but everything you just told me is like reading a foreign language. I've been vaping for less than a month. I'm lucky if I can find the fire button on a pen. lol
Sorry brothah!

-RX200s

-TFV8

Those 2 things would make you a very happy camper! ANd they are safe for beginners! And it has onboard charging! Welcome aboard! And good luck with your new adventure!

splucked

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry brothah!

-RX200s

-TFV8

Those 2 things would make you a very happy camper! ANd they are safe for beginners! And it has onboard charging! Welcome aboard! And good luck with your new adventure!

Thanks very much!

splucked

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I gave up trying, and moved on.

Understandable. I threw in another new coil. Was Jonesing like crazy for a good hit. She's purring like a kitten again. Going forward I'll always remove the coil to add juice to this tank. Small inconvenience for a satisfying vape.

Thank you RatRacer, MagicJosh and Whiskey for chiming in on this. Appreciate it.

Just got a Target Mini about a week ago.. BIG improvement over the 510 (I'm fairly new with vaping). It started getting clogged after filling today, so read this (not so much help), but pulled it all apart and rinsed with water and now is back like new. Also noticed fluid starting to get burnt. Will see how it goes...

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Sorry brothah!

-RX200s

-TFV8

The RX200 has too many issues, I wouldn't recommend it to a new user. Also it's highly recommended to not charge it via the device, It doesn't balance charging well (no mods do) you should always use a separate charger

I use the other type Vaporesso ccell w/ bottom airflow. Looking at that design, your problem is the reason I gave up on the cup design tanks. The top airflow type coil airway is incorporated into the coil via an inner cylinder within a cylinder, with thin space, so the slightest amount of juice weep would clog it.[/QUOT yo I love this target mini same as pic above and ceramic coils are the next-generation. My first coik lasted 3 weeks instead ofbm the normal few dsys. Around week 3 it started getting g clogged. I think I changed vape juice . I bought two new coils and in two days both clogged. I think it may have to do with the juice. Will boiling the coil hurt it. As this is the only way rid the residue or whatever right. Sucks too cause this vaporizer is AWESONE, well was awesome. Or what about placing in bam bottle of rubbing alcohol and shaking .

I use the other type Vaporesso ccell w/ bottom airflow. Looking at that design, your problem is the reason I gave up on the c I love this target mini same as pic above and ceramic coils are the next-generation. My first coil lasted 3 weeks instead ofbm the normal few dsys. Around week 3 it started getting g clogged. I think I changed vape juice . I bought two new coils and in two days both clogged. I think it may have to do with the juice. Will boiling the coil hurt it. As this is the only way rid the residue or whatever right. Sucks too cause this vaporizer is AWESONE, well was awesome. Or what about placing in bam bottle of rubbing alcohol and shaking .

yo I love this target mini same as pic above and ceramic coils are the next-generation. My first coik lasted 3 weeks instead ofbm the normal few dsys. Around week 3 it started getting g clogged. I think I changed vape juice . I bought two new coils and in two days both clogged. I think it may have to do with the juice. Will boiling the coil hurt it. As this is the only way rid the residue or whatever right. Sucks too cause this vaporizer is AWESONE, well was awesome. Or what about placing in bottle of rubbing alcohol and shaking it. I thinking might be this e Joice cause wasn't clogged before1482321261822-1228041372.jpg

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The RX200 has too many issues, I wouldn't recommend it to a new user. Also it's highly recommended to not charge it via the device, It doesn't balance charging well (no mods do) you should always use a separate charger

I think that has a lot to do with the sheer number of RX200's out there. Every single person I know who vapes owns an RX200, including myself. None of us have had issues other than the shit 510 leaving a gap on some toppers. I agree, it's not the best made device but for the most part is pretty solid. I've had mine for a little over a year and it's still chugging along. I wouldn't recommend it to someone who just started vaping but if someone is looking to step up from a starter kit type vape, I think it makes a good choice.

spamBEE: Been using the Target mini for a few months now with 0.5 ohm coils at 20-25W - source has them listed as 0.5 ohm (DL), 1.4 ohm (MTL), and 0.6 ohm - I don't know the difference but .5 is good for me. Some people "burn in" new coils starting around 13-15W for a few hits then working up. Mine don't get clogged anymore - seems to happen when I fill and have juice along rim, so I wipe rim off before screwing on first cap, and no more clogs (for months now). Haven't had to change coils unless I burn them by letting tank run dry and taking a fairly big hit (BAD TASTE).. still happens ~ every 7-10 days, which affects flavor more than anything else. Would be nice if could clean "burnt taste" coils but I think can't do it. Started making own juice - other stuff was burning up fast compared to the 80/20 I use now. The store bought stuff was a bit thick and wouldn't wick good enough, so I thinned with about 1 eyedropper of water in 30 ml juice. New stuff is thicker but wicks okay. I refill old 10 ml plastic bottle with "shaved" semi-pointed tip that fits in slot of tank - eyedroppers put too much on the rim - can tell new juice is thicker by slower fill.

VU Sponsors