Become a Patron!

Uncharted territory (for me that is) Cap Custard + FA =????

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have been mixing for a few months now and have found my ADV with capellas and tfa. This is my go to recipe as of the last month or so.
9% caps van custard
2% caps ny cheesecake
2% tfa bav cream
2% tfa sweet cream
2% caps marshmallow
19% flavoring, 32/68 pg/vg, 5.5 mg nic (my freedomsmokes 24mg 5050 base), rite aid glycerin anhydrous 99.7%

I ran out of almost everything, so heres my order from bull city vapor...
bull citys vg
vapers tek nic (48%, pg base)
cap van custard
cap egg nog
fa catalan cream
fa vienna cream
fa torrone
fa madagascar vanilla
fa custard

I still have:
cap french vanilla
cap french toast
cap marshmallow
cap ny cheesecake
tfa graham cracker 'dark'
tfa cotton candy
tfa smooth (not sure why)
tfa sweet cream (only a couple ml)

I have a nice palate to work with, but posses no knowledge of how to use these FA flavors with the ones I already have. I hear they are more concentrated and see some people using multiples of less than one percent each. Also, Id hate to waste too much, as FA is pretty expensive at 3.25per 10ml.

I really need a starting point on how to best use my new flavors. I know its a 'see what you like' thing, but im not even sure how to start.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
When I'm not sure about a FA flavor, I try it at 2% unless I've heard or read otherwise. One of the best tools around for FA and DIY is the DIY reviews section. HIC posted a bunch of reviews for individual flavors. I refer to those a LOT, I recommend them just as frequently. You picked some good ones!

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I picked the ones that people seemed to like the most, in the genre that I like. Ive been lurking for a while, but im still rather new to diy.
Ive only used a couple brands (cap and tfa) and im really excited to start with flavor art.

Thanks for the tip. I need all I can get.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Asking is learning. This place has a GREAT DIY section. I haven't been all around the webs looking, but I also haven't found the need, ya know? You're gonna have a blast. I wish Tball was here to tell you his experience after years with only TFA. He flippped, lol.

@Thunderball, where are ya man?

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ive been a member of ecf for a pretty long time, but find this forum to be even better in all ways. The diy section has already helped me alot, but its not over yet. Not even close.

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ive been a member of ecf for a pretty long time, but find this forum to be even better in all ways. The diy section has already helped me alot, but its not over yet. Not even close.
If you are still a member there, and have free time, check out the Pure Vapes thread. I learned soooo much! And it was a lot of fun.

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
did you do 3% of each?

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
my personal taste is 1-2% fa espresso. but then again I like my coffee strong enough to stand without a cup.

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
We're pretty similar then. I prefer to mold spoons out of my custard and eat whipped cream with it.

VU Sponsors