Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
After a longish vacation from writing reviews, I am dusting off the old keyboard to start a new series of short and to the point reviews.

And as usual, I have been using this device daily for the last 2 months before writing this review.

That being said.....................................................

Introducing the Smoant Ranker 218 Watt TC Box Mod.

This mod was furnished to me at no cost for the purpose of review by (thank you Maggie) Health Cabin.

https://www.healthcabin.net/index.php

smoant_ranker_218w_tc_box_mod.jpg

https://www.healthcabin.net/smoant-ranker-218w-box-mod-black-p/17398.html

"The latest flagship device - Smoant Ranker TC Box Mod. Smoant Ranker is the next revitalization of the beloved Smoant Cylon series, which has sumptuous appearance - gun grip handle style, kindly looks like the Smok mag. Integrating a pocket-friendly, touch screen mod with a really easy to use interface as well as the intelligent Ant218 V2 Chipset. Impressive us its the fastest fire speed 0.015s and the beautiful 2 UI options. Powered by dual 18650 batteries (sold separately), accessed via a hinged battery door located at the bottom base of the device, the fires up to a maximum output 218W. The updated huge HD user interface provides an easy operation and shows the vaping data clearly. Along with full temperature control suite, power curve outputs, and a suite of safety protections. Smoant Ranker Mod will never let you down."

The mod itself arrived very well packaged and included the instruction manual, warranty card (90-day warranty), and the mandatory USB cable.

The Ranker is available in 3 colors. Black, Gunmetal/Tarnish, and Camo. I received the Gunmetal version with brown leather trim.

My first impressions when I first removed the mod from the box were.

A: This thing is HUGE.

Dimension: 60mm x 31.5mm x 92mm or 2.36" X 1.24" X 3.62" and weighs in at 11.3 Oz with batteries installed.

B: Looks and feels like a very well made device.

I opened the what I consider to be a well-designed battery cover which has very plainly marked +/- polarity symbols so there is no mistake on which way the batteries go in and snapped it shut.

While I am still on the subject of the battery cover, at one point I did manage to knock the mod off my end table where it did fall about 2 feet to land on a well padded carpeted floor. While the device itself was not damaged, the battery door did pop open. Really a non-issue as far as I am concerned but still worth mentioning.

The top of the mod is slightly slanted and what appears to be a well made 25mm connector with floating pin slightly protrudes from the surface.

The design of the mod seems to mimic the look and feel of a Semi-Automatic pistol grip and the brown leather trim gives it a nice look and texture for gripping. And the firing button / "Trigger" has a nice firm feel to it as well.

Regarding the grip, the mod seems to have been manufactured for left-handed vapers for some odd reason. When you hold it in your right hand and use your fingers to control the switch, the display is against your palm and not visible. However, you can flip the mod around so the display is facing you and just squeeze it against the heel of your hand to activate the switch. Kinda strange but not uncomfortable at all, once you have used it for a bit.

Speaking of the display, the Ranker offers a 1.3" full-color TFT screen with custom wallpapers available. While colorful, the display is not as bright as I would like. It is just fine when you are inside but in bright sunlight, it just washes out.

The wattage of the mod ranges from 1 - 218 watts in power mode and 200-600 Deg F in TC mode.

Speaking of power, I am totally digging the 0.015 fast ramp-up time (AKA instant satisfaction) feature in an already feature-filled mod!

The Rankers built-in 2.0 Amp charger is capable of charging twin LG 3,000 mAh batteries in just under 2-1/2 hours and can also be used as a passthrough device.

Like I said earlier, the Smoant Ranker is rather on the large side which makes it perfect for use as an office desktop (And I spend a lot of time in my office) or long drive mod when using in passthrough mode.

Overall Impression.................................

If you are looking for a well made and powerful dual battery mod that is packed with features at a reasonable price ($63.99), the Smoant Ranker may be the mod for you.

I hope you have enjoyed reading my review as much as I enjoyed writing it for you.

Till, next time,

Unc

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Great write up Unc, feel good to get back in the saddle?

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Great write up Unc, feel good to get back in the saddle?

Thanks very much for you more than kind words KingPin,

Not in your league but nice to be back.

For a bit anyway!

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Thanks very much for you more than kind words KingPin,

Not in your league but nice to be back.