Unregulated Box Mods

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
my box mod is here... and so is my atlantis..
sitting here just vaping it up.. when i should be snapping pix lmao :D
I am very happy..

but now i need to figure out how to put magnetics on the back and dump the screws.. grr..
but i do like the thing.. it's cool!! :p
Awesome!

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
mhmm.. but..

on my juice.. grr.. i am allergic to pg..
apparently my max vg is way too much for this atlantis..
unless i recoil the thang.. already rewicked it..
*shakes head.. waiting on pictures..

2014-12-08 15.10.53.jpg 2014-12-08 15.11.38.jpg

yeps it needs magnetics.. ;)

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Are you laughing at me, franciscan, or with?? :p *ducks..

but i think I do like this.. in fact so much.. I am popping my hades mod into that pif box that will be here this week!
go me!!! :D YAY!!! lol

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I am thoroughly enjoying your glee!

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I am thoroughly enjoying your glee!

i know.. and omgosh i am sooo tickled, franciscan!! I am a big girl vaper now
and the box doesn't look too bad, and i know the battery will last me a bit :p
errr.. maybe! :D :D

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
*does the Smoky dance with box mod backwards around Sully and franciscan and laughs and laughs and.. :D :D

but crap, now i need to mix again.. wont be back till tomorrow night.. ;)

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Lol, enjoy

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
thanks!! now if i can figure the size of the magnetics, will be alright..

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I think there us a box modders thread here that might be of help

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think mine are 1/4" diameter smoky. You appear to have the same sized Hammond box but I cant say for sure. You may be able to find a variety bag of small magnets on ebay or another supplier site. You want the rare earth ones, super strong.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
ahhh fasttech has some too... kk on the rare earth..
this is fun!! I want to find a way to engrave it now..

gee the ideas!! :D :D

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Call Kyle at Steam Craft Vapor in St Louis. Tell him that Scottish bastard sent you. He does great magnet work on Hammonds. He did my Llama box

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ahhh fasttech has some too... kk on the rare earth..
this is fun!! I want to find a way to engrave it now..

gee the ideas!! :D :D
Don't take my word for 1/4" i'm looking and they may be smaller. Yeah, FT has um if you dont mind waiting 2 months :p

I've been thinking about engraving this since I got it. Even thought about going to a tattoo artist and having him draw me some designs. LOL

EDIT: Confirmed that with a measuring tape for you Smoky. Mine are in fact 1/4" :)

Last edited:

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Don't take my word for 1/4" i'm looking and they may be smaller. Yeah, FT has um if you dont mind waiting 2 months :p

I've been thinking about engraving this since I got it. Even thought about going to a tattoo artist and having him draw me some designs. LOL

i spent a few years in photoshop.. surely it can not be hard.. ;)
but the way i want it.. a kid could doodle and i'd be happy! :p

kk on the magnetics.. might take it up to home depot or something and see what else i can find..
love the box, heavy duty, so i wont worry too much on it.. and with the 26650 battery, i should be getting a full day out of it..
i have 3 of them, brand new ;)

Wabah58

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
1/4" dia x 1/16" thick, is what I use for lids. You will have to take a 1/4 drill and drill the lid just a little bit so they sit flush, epoxy them in. For the box it's best to use the screws you have and cut the heads off, and screw them into the box leaving about 1/8" above the box, that will allow a good fit with no lid rattle.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
1/4" dia x 1/16" thick, is what I use for lids. You will have to take a 1/4 drill and drill the lid just a little bit so they sit flush, epoxy them in. For the box it's best to use the screws you have and cut the heads off, and screw them into the box leaving about 1/8" above the box, that will allow a good fit with no lid rattle.

ahh gee, i has zero tools for this.. oh boy and hardware is not my forte.. grrr...
might just wait till i can, meantime.. i like this set up :)

thanks Wabah! :)

A10EN

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
8965c979cf12e5225b36f40d6eb94324.jpg
2936b92c15a7f7a116f5bb7f5d2a12ee.jpg
6c388d551acdef3287c0d24b2cb10b29.jpg
1c3a9f191ba99a98194ccdbea702d52a.jpg
215f2c127c8b24f1555b560db582e377.jpg

My 1st build, love so far.
Maple, Paduke box couple coats of wax. Mosfet and micro tac switch. 14g copper with brass batt contacts.
Next one I'll make about an inch shorter.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not exactly 'boxy' but mech. I'll be adding a brass chain from the trigger to the locking pin so as not to lose the pin. Scusi the focus.
slug.jpg slug2.jpg SteelPunk Slug / Magma w/brass AF ring

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Not exactly 'boxy' but mech. I'll be adding a brass chain from the trigger to the locking pin so as not to lose the pin. Scusi the focus.
View attachment 10314 View attachment 10315
Be VERY careful how far you unscrew the lock screw!! Too far past unlocked and the return spring will fall out. It is a BITCH AND A HALF to get back where it belongs. Beyond that...ENJOY!! I owned one for a couple of months.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Be VERY careful how far you unscrew the lock screw!! Too far past unlocked and the return spring will fall out. It is a BITCH AND A HALF to get back where it belongs. Beyond that...ENJOY!! I owned one for a couple of months.
Ha ha, like everything else! Thanks for the tip. I watched Twisted take both clone and authentic completely apart. I wouldn't want to have to do that!

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
He brought more Wizard Modz "Duke"s to 510 to TAUNT ME! And also another "Governor". 6 boxes sold instantaneously!!!!!! And I am SO very happy for John who makes them....he is a master wood mod maker and so deserving of these sales. Rick is a gentleman and represents the product like he's been doing it all of his life.......two fantastic friends to have!

pony

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Mental note for folks building their own boxes... If youre having trouble finding the hamond boxes in stock take a look at the camden boss project boxes.
They have similar sizes available. And the best part; the sides are squared off. No gangsta lean.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Looks like there just may be room for a mosfet retrofit. No?
You vape .15 and below? A little birdy around here told me if I stay above that I would be okay.
I usually don't build below .2 but maybe that doesn't apply to you.

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You vape .15 and below? A little birdy around here told me if I stay above that I would be okay.
I usually don't build below .2 but maybe that doesn't apply to you.

In his experience. There is no actual spec. for this other than the amperage rating of the button/switch. I myself have never "welded" a switch, which means fusing the contact it so it fires continuously. But @Wabah58 has and he makes a lot of these. For my use, which hardly ever goes below .5 ohm, I don't believe I need it. But I accept the fact that the life of the switch will be reduced.

Last edited:

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Looks like a fully aluminum version of my Alum box. I might be tempted at that price. If it's shit, I'm only out $43......cant' miss truthfully.

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My Firepipes mod is still somewhere, slowly coming my way. Or in the customs where the idiots are trying to figure out if it is dangerous.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
My Firepipes mod is still somewhere, slowly coming my way. Or in the customs where the idiots are trying to figure out if it is dangerous.
I shall humbly request a thorough review from you once you have some time with it before I pull the trigger. I've been contemplating this one for quite some time. What I really need confirmation on is if the bottom plate secures flush with the rest of the box...in the pictures it shows as protruding about 1.5mm. I called the lads in Honolulu and they assure me that it sits flush....but they will say anything to make a sale. You have nothing to gain from it, so I would place more credence with your observations.

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah sure, i let you know. The usual check with a new mod, voltage drop, fitments, measuments, overall quality.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
It has also been STRONGLY advised that the new owner do a complete continuity check before installing the batteries and firing it up just to make sure there are no dead shorts anywhere.

A10EN

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The neg leads do pass close to the pos assy. Great idea but think they'll need to manufacture some place less humid

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hopefully it isnt grounded to the box, If that is the case you wont be able to use a mosfet.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
oh wow.. i like, Whiskey, thanks for sharing! :)

now i want one so bad! :p gee..

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Crap

VU Sponsors