Become a Patron!

Unregulated Box Mods

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here is his website http://lotechmods.com/ He has a FB page linked to the site where he posts updates. I would love to see an SX350 mod from this guy. I watched a video of his DNA 30's and the etchings were awesome.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I will put myself in line for a mechanical. Money talks *wink*

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Yes, yes I am

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

pony

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Does anyone know where i can get repair parts for my Hades Mod?
Take a look at fatdaddy. Depending on what it is you need they may have it. What do you need?

Rick jackson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My Firepipes mod is still somewhere, slowly coming my way. Or in the customs where the idiots are trying to figure out if it is dangerous.
my buddy has his. Switch went out the night he got it. Hope yours doesnt meet the same fate.

Rick jackson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
He brought more Wizard Modz "Duke"s to 510 to TAUNT ME! And also another "Governor". 6 boxes sold instantaneously!!!!!! And I am SO very happy for John who makes them....he is a master wood mod maker and so deserving of these sales. Rick is a gentleman and represents the product like he's been doing it all of his life.......two fantastic friends to have!
I still have 2 left...

Rick jackson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@franciscan No not until sometime this week. His cnc broke. He had to order a piece for it to fix it. It should be here monday. Forgot to message you about it i was over there last night playing video games.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
@franciscan No not until sometime this week. His cnc broke. He had to order a piece for it to fix it. It should be here monday. Forgot to message you about it i was over there last night playing video games.
Right on........I think you left your bottle of Creme Brulee up at 510....had a dropper cap aye?

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Three Wizard Modz boxes all with logo's now! (CNC engraved)
Sadly, the logo on the black palm "Duke" only shows up at certain angles.
LWLfiuI.png

Last edited:

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sort of a mouse among these nicer mods but this is my forst box build using supplies i found off ebay..cost me about 7 dollars to build one box having purchased in small bulk for everything...Single 14500 power..as simple as one can get i imagine..lol

20141227_071846.jpg
20141227_182220.jpg

Last edited:

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Got the new $30 Dimitri from FT im gonna try making it a squonker :)
I'd be curious on hearing how the conversion goes. I'm sure it will be far beyond my modding abilities though, but who knows...

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have been working on a Hammond 1550p squanker. I dont think it would have been to bad if I had went with unregulated, but I had to try for a DNA 30 on my first squanker build. Going to try to get the box painted today and might have it completed next week.

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am stripping the paint right now. I almost had the paint complete then saw something else I want to try. I will post some pics of the build in the modders thread later today.

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got the new $30 Dimitri from FT im gonna try making it a squonker :)

Cool. Does that mean you have access to a mill to cut the window? Wish I did, only have a crap indexing table for a drill press. Almost pulled the trigger on a mini-mill a few months ago, but just couldn't justify it. :(

Wabah58

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cool. Does that mean you have access to a mill to cut the window? Wish I did, only have a crap indexing table for a drill press. Almost pulled the trigger on a mini-mill a few months ago, but just couldn't justify it. :(

I would have to use a end mill bit in a big drill press :( Plans might have changed, the young guys in the local vape groups, offered me $50 after I put out a feeler trade request for it. Depending on what it looks like I might just do a quick flip on it

Picked up 2 squonk boxes on trade this weekend soooooo...

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use a bench mounted drill with a cross slide vise to mill the window and opening on the box I'm working on. Its not as percise as a mill but I got both on sale with 25% off coupons so I have around 150 in the setup. You can see the pics of my box in the link from post #126.

Drill: http://www.harborfreight.com/10-in-bench-mount-drill-press-12-speed-60237.html
Vise: http://www.harborfreight.com/6-inch-cross-slide-vise-32997.html

Pretty much my situation too. Making do. ;)

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No Spamming the forums Alvin! This is an UNREGULATED box mod thread. Go post your wares under the sales and promotions section.

dave/jayce

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
A couple I've built
51c2561eb9a5ec93df882da832a8942e.jpg
50b0bac9e6fee789131d23843929e870.jpg

Parallel

23c386c20a6a0547f3e39e5e5d8c4dbb.jpg
80a5768bda1080fd380bcba3a6d2ca7d.jpg
Series
Could you please direct me to a place to purchase one such as the above picture? My wife is searching for a birthday gift for me and this a piece I don't have in my collection. @franciscan any suggestions also??? Thank u for your time!!!

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Puff puff, get the Cuprum. Expensive and exclusive.

Kyle M.

Member For 4 Years
Heres my Fusion with my Aspire Atlantis.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 20
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 19

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Could you please direct me to a place to purchase one such as the above picture? My wife is searching for a birthday gift for me and this a piece I don't have in my collection. @franciscan any suggestions also??? Thank u for your time!!!

Go to Ebay and type in box mod in the search bar there.

You can find about anything you are looking for. But wood mods (quality mods) are lacking.

dave/jayce

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Go to Ebay and type in box mod in the search bar there.

You can find about anything you are looking for. But wood mods (quality mods) are lacking.
Yea I was checking eBay out. There are some nice pieces on there.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yea I was checking eBay out. There are some nice pieces on there.
I have a second box on the way now. I have ordered three there now. There are some sellers there with very reasonable prices.

I also ordered a few DOVPO boxes from Fast tech.

Smaug is the next box I am likely to buy. Regulated 150 box.

driver379

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
John needs to give these things names. People keep asking me "What kind is that?" lol.
For those of you here....Rick is a neighbor and a close friend of mine here in St Louis.
Close to my sister. She's in Belleville,Il

Rick jackson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
havent been on here in a bit i think i will post the new box i got today @franciscan HEHEHEHEHE

Rick jackson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
your not the only one who has black palm in his palm no @franciscan

Attachments

• Snapshot_20150103.JPG
    Snapshot_20150103.JPG
    136.7 KB · Views: 24
  • Snapshot_20150103_1.JPG
    Snapshot_20150103_1.JPG
    137.5 KB · Views: 24
  • Snapshot_20150103_2.JPG
    Snapshot_20150103_2.JPG
    116.9 KB · Views: 20

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
your not the only one who has black palm in his palm no @franciscan
Very nice sir. I am sending someone your way via PM who wants to start making his own box mods and would like some advice. You are MUCH more familiar with the process than I. The gentleman's name is @ConcreteBob btw....good people he is.

Rick jackson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
alright cool i will give him all the advice i can

VU Sponsors