Become a Patron!

Unwritten VU rules. What are they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's come to my attention that posts that don't break rules can be edited(removed) by mods.

So, I think we need to know what we, as members, are allowed to write and not write. The rules are pretty plain and easy to understand but apparently there are rules I'm not aware of. It pisses me off to have my words removed and if I knew which words, phrases or saying are not allowed, I could possibly avoid them.

So, my question to the mods, admin and site owners is simple. What, that is not included in the rules, am I not allowed to say?

What are the unwritten rules?

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
i will tag in @TygerTyger @VaporJoe @SMOKIE @Whiskey @Huckleberried who can more easily address your question.

in general private information like your real name and address would be edited out of your post.
that is just one example of something that is done to protect members from identity theft.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well after reading said thread and the action taken i can say that @Huckleberried did do the correct actions. in terms of what was broken i would say due to the possible way that phrase could have been misinterpreted as violence towards a child it got edited. in terms of the leaky penis well it leaks so get it checked.

TygerTyger

Official Lurker
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The only unwritten rule is: Don't be an asshat. Having looked at the unedited version of the post in question, I think that's the infraction right there. 'Nuff said. Any other concerns about our rules and moderation, you can PM me privately, @Time. No need to waste any more moderators time here. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors