Become a Patron!

Up grading from an IJust 2

bulbophyllum

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hello,

I am totally new to vaping. I bought an IJust 2, found some really nice liquid from Naturally Extracted Tobacco, and totally dropped a 27 year habit of smoking pack a day of nonfiltered cigs. Within 2 days of receiving my order from NET I decided to stop smoking. It was such an easy choice. It has only been 3 weeks but, I have/had no desire to smoke since.

I'm not looking for a pat on the back for quitting smoking. 3 weeks I stopped smoking. 3 years I quit.

Anyway, I like the IJust 2 but, I have issues with it. I don't like that I can't read the battery life. I can fully discharge a well charged battery in an evening vaping with a .5 ohm coil. I foresee only using NET liquid. It gunks up coils fast and I'm not sure there is anything to be done about that. I have gotten good at cleaning.

But, I am really confused about all the devices out there and accessories I'm looking for something very simple, with a lot of battery life, a 5ml tank or larger, a battery life reading, can handle NET, and not too huge.

gary

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, I don't know if this is for you or not, but I have the iStick "basic". With a 2300 mah battery, I can vape for 2 days on a charge at .75 ohms. It vapes at a little over 18 watts and to me it has great flavor with a decent cloud that closely mimics a tobacco cig.

It doesn't have a battery life indicator per se, but at about halfway discharged, the led does flash slowly after you finish taking a drag. As it gets toward fully discharged, it's supposed to flash faster indicating it needs a charge, although I've never run it that low yet.

For simplicity, it doesn't get much easier although I wish the little GS Air 2 tank was top fill, but it's still a nice tank with airflow control and it doesn't leak.

Overall, I love it and highly recommend you check it out. It can be bought online for around $30 for the complete kit. The only deal breaker I see is it doesn't have a huge tank - it's only a 2 ml. Other than that, It's a solid, well made device that is perfect for the new vaper for the most part. Just my 2 cents.

Michael

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Are you looking for something that you can replace the batteries in, or something that can be charged by USB?

Even though you aren't looking for pats on the back, congrats on quitting!! No small feat.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Hello,

I am totally new to vaping. I bought an IJust 2, found some really nice liquid from Naturally Extracted Tobacco, and totally dropped a 27 year habit of smoking pack a day of nonfiltered cigs. Within 2 days of receiving my order from NET I decided to stop smoking. It was such an easy choice. It has only been 3 weeks but, I have/had no desire to smoke since.

I'm not looking for a pat on the back for quitting smoking. 3 weeks I stopped smoking. 3 years I quit.

Anyway, I like the IJust 2 but, I have issues with it. I don't like that I can't read the battery life. I can fully discharge a well charged battery in an evening vaping with a .5 ohm coil. I foresee only using NET liquid. It gunks up coils fast and I'm not sure there is anything to be done about that. I have gotten good at cleaning.

But, I am really confused about all the devices out there and accessories I'm looking for something very simple, with a lot of battery life, a 5ml tank or larger, a battery life reading, can handle NET, and not too huge.

gary
The Eleaf Pico, or Evic VTC Mini are pretty good mods, utilizing 18650 batteries. With a LG HG2, @ 40W, I can vape all day.
There's no way to avoid rapid gunk build up with NET eJuice. Therefore, I'd look into RTAs, or RDTAs, ideally the once, where you can reach the build deck, without having to empty the tank, making it easy to dry burn, and rewick the coil(s).

bulbophyllum

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Neunerball,

I want to get a device that I could work with. Then start playing with it and modifying it. I can fix anything. But, I'm still new, figuring it out, don't know the hardware, or the jargon. Thank you for your help.

gary

Scribb|e

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I would look into a device like a Pico (or the slightly cheaper OEM version by NME) or the VTC VTwo which use seperate batteries which can be taken out and charged, and have nice battery readers and lot of useful features that future-proof the device a bit.

As for a tank, if you're a MTL vaper who likes flavour, I would look into learning to build your own coils (it's really not hard, and saves *so* much money and bother) and get a tank like the Taifun GT2 v2 - it's 5ml, gives a lovely vape, and you can just rewick it whenever it gunks up.

th

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Neunerball,

I want to get a device that I could work with. Then start playing with it and modifying it. I can fix anything. But, I'm still new, figuring it out, don't know the hardware, or the jargon. Thank you for your help.

gary
Both mods' menus, I recommended, are easy to navigate.

vapebay.com

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Try the Milspec Mini kit if you are concerned about battery life. Its the first little mod to use an external 18350 battery.

savagebee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Here's another vote for the evic, my wife uses one and I steal it as often as possible lol. Your I just 2 tank would work fine on it.

VU Sponsors