Become a Patron!

Update

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Hey guys, I have been lurking but I wanted to update my VU homies. I was sharing a room with a person and that situation was getting worse by the day a few months ago so I bit the bullet and got into a housing program.

I've come so far from the beginning when I signed up here to now but it's been hard and a battle. As some of you know I am a recovering addict and October 12th I will celebrate by 3rd birthday in recovery, and I'm freaking excited for that.

I haven't fallen off the ship, I've just been extremely busy. I buried one of my best friends Brian, my buddy Chris, my buddy Mike, my friend Brittany to overdose's. I buried my good friend Anthony from kidney failure, that man inspired me in so many ways... And September 11th I buried my ex girlfriend and fiance from an overdose. That one really hurt. I knew she wasn't sober and she kept calling me and wanted to hang out, but I can't risk my sobriety. Well, as it turns out I found out they found her dead in her car in Cincinnati.

I feel terrible that she overdosed and to some extent I feel like if I was there she wouldn't have overdosed. She overdosed 4 septate times in one day and has probably overdosed well over 40 times. She couldn't handle ******. But I was always there to rescue her. I never let her out of my site because I knew her. Well, she came back in town and I had a feeling she was not being honest about being in recovery, she said she still smokes and I just don't want to be around drugs, so I put her off.

I was doing counseling but I realized that this is the road people with addictive tendencies go down with drugs and alcohol and that I truly am one of the luckiest guys in the world to cling on to recovery. I have been sober for a while now and realize that very few people stay sober. It's sad, but it's just the way it is. I have to count my blessings not my downfalls.

Anyway, I just had to get that out. I miss her and all my friends I've buried this year and they all had something to do with me staying Sober weather they knew it or not.

If anyone here is struggling please feel free to message me. I know what it's like and I know sometimes just having someone to talk to helps.

Thank you guys. Here's to another year

Sent from my 6062W using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

CJ-3

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Congratulations on your recovery. We may not know eachother but I have family in recovery as well.

I'm extremely proud of you!

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Congrats on the sobriety dude and always remember that you can only be responsible for what you do. Its cliche as hell but the folks in and around your life have to choose their own path. Stay at it.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sorry for your losses it is hard to lose friends at young ages. I recently heard a Woman I grew up with passed away but that was Cancer. I found out after the wake and Funeral which was kind of a shitty feeling because I was brought up to pay last respects.

But remember what doesn't kill you makes you stronger and life goes on for those who want to live. Good Luck

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My heart goes out to you with all the loss you have gone thru. I am glad to hear you are still kicking, and haven't fallen off the wagon.
Congrats on 3 years! And I hope your road gets smoother from here on.
Glad to see a post from you!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Hey you guys I really appreciate the positivity you sent my way. That's really cool. Yeah, I can only be responsible for myself that's definitely true.

I pulled myself out of counseling because it was making me even more depressed. I can deal with it. It just kind of got to me because it's been an absurd amount of people.

You guys really made my day to see all the love I got. Thank you so much

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Hey you guys I really appreciate the positivity you sent my way. That's really cool. Yeah, I can only be responsible for myself that's definitely true.

I pulled myself out of counseling because it was making me even more depressed. I can deal with it. It just kind of got to me because it's been an absurd amount of people.

You guys really made my day to see all the love I got. Thank you so much

My son has been through this. He has seven years clean and I can't even remember the number of friends he has lost during that time. It's tragic that you really cannot help them, but it's true. I'm so sorry for your losses, but so happy to hear that you are embracing your sobriety. Wishing you the very best going forward.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Condolences for the loss of your friends. But here is the most important, CONGRATULATIONS on your 3 years sober! I missed seeing you here and watching your progression in building coils.

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Keep up the Fight and gratz on your success to date.

VU Sponsors