Become a Patron!

[Updated] VTC Mini Firmware Upgrade V3.02

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sooooo.......It seems Joyetech is at it again, giving us another update, although this time, not necessarily for the better (depends on which features you use most).

This new update doesn't actually give your mod any new functions, but the ability to have a custom icon appear where the wattage reads. So when you release the fire button, the wattage will read for about 2-3 seconds, then switch over to the custom icon (they give you the Joyetech logo as a sample, but you can use any .bmp within 64x40 pixels).

Now this is a neat little feature, if it weren't for the fact that flashing this Firmware seems to remove alot of functions. I tried the new V3.02, and right off the bat both TC SS and TC Ti modes have disappeared, along with 2 of the TCR modes. Those are just surface changes, but who knows if this Firmware has some other bugs, like screwing up the TCR of the different modes, or not applying the correct wattage or whatever.

I have since reverted back to V3.01, but was curious if anybody else has tried the V3.02 Firmware yet, and if they had the same issues

Edit: Joyetech has now updated their site, and now has instructions for switching between all the different TC (Ni,Ti,SS) and 3 TCR modes. It would appear they forgot to give us this information when they released the update (I got it within 10 minutes of it's release), but have since remedied the situation.

The update works perfectly, and switching the icon is a very easy task, just load the updater, click the icon tab, and load your custom icon, easy peezy!

Just a little heads up, if you are a person who frequently changes between different TC and TCR modes, you may not like this update, as it's may seem a more tedious process to scroll through them all, as the different modes are now sub-categorized.

Here's the link to the Update, let us know what you guys think, and show us your custom icons!

http://www.joyetech.com/mvr-software/?sid=155

Last edited:

centella4u

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After reading this, I don't think I'll update mine. At least not yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
update is ridiculous as fuck, taking valuable screen space for something that stupid and messing up the firmware functionality in the process is beyond stupid.

These Chinese companies are doing super weird things with their products, wish one day i understand how they think and operate.

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It still has all the original functions. The Ni, Ti and SS modes are all combined into one menu setting. You scroll through them just like you scroll through M1 M2 M3. I REALLY like that it now shows the TCR setting for each M function. It's a little different to 3.01 but I like that I don't have to scroll through the Ni and Ti settings once I set it to SS. Basically, we have 2 temp settings, the system default and custom TCR. You can set the system default to either Ni Ti or SS and you can set custom TCR to M1 M2 or M3. It's a small change but I like it.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
It still has all the original functions. The Ni, Ti and SS modes are all combined into one menu setting. You scroll through them just like you scroll through M1 M2 M3. I REALLY like that it now shows the TCR setting for each M function. It's a little different to 3.01 but I like that I don't have to scroll through the Ni and Ti settings once I set it to SS. Basically, we have 2 temp settings, the system default and custom TCR. You can set the system default to either Ni Ti or SS and you can set custom TCR to M1 M2 or M3. It's a small change but I like it.
What are the button combinations for that?

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What are the button combinations for that?
It's exactly the same as going through the M1-3 settings. When you go into the menu and get to the Ni setting, press the left button, then press the right button to scroll through Ni Ti & SS. Once you have it set to your preference, hit the fire button. Whatever wire you set it to will be the only one shown when you scroll through the menu again. You can pick a different wire just as easily. I hope that made sense. I'm not always good at explaining these things.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
It's exactly the same as going through the M1-3 settings. When you go into the menu and get to the Ni setting, press the left button, then press the right button to scroll through Ni Ti & SS. Once you have it set to your preference, hit the fire button. Whatever wire you set it to will be the only one shown when you scroll through the menu again. You can pick a different wire just as easily. I hope that made sense. I'm not always good at explaining these things.
First I was confused, now I'm confused at a higher level. :giggle: I'll figure it out eventually.;)

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First I was confused, now I'm confused at a higher level. :giggle: I'll figure it out eventually.;)
*shame* :( I'm sorry about that. My brain could use a power up today.:coffee2: lol
Do you know how to scroll through the M1 M2 M3 settings? Going through the Ni Ti SS settings is exactly the same as that in the new firmware. I'm sure a youtube reviewer will post a video for it soon.

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Went ahead and added a Batman logo. I kinda like it!
WP_20160420_8786_zpsollot6vi.jpg

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Where did you find the batman logo?
There's a thread devoted to logos that work with the new firmware here. There are a few good ones already. I switched the logo to a Dalec since there is a Tardis jwrap on this mod. Nerdy goodness.

Last edited:

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

That would be a rather bad implementation if they had no intent to inform us of that, they gave no info or indication that you should have to scroll through them like that.
Since I originally tried the update, they hadn't put that little blurb about mode shift adjustment, although I'm glad to see have now, I suppose I just jumped the gun a bit early (I did have the update within 10 minutes of it's release after all lol, they obviously forgot a few things at first lol).
I have now re-flashed the new Firmware, and yes, the modes are all there, just a tad confusing to use at first. This would be lousy for someone who switches between TC modes alot, but I suppose it's convenient if you only use one (like myself, I only use TC SS mode now, I don't use Ni or Ti anymore).
I have edited my original post to reflect the new info, thanks @CorallineAlgae for pointing that out, I'm glad Joyetech has corrected their page.

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So, now that I've figured out how to navigate through the menu properly, it's actually not to bad. I like not having to click through the Ni/Ti/TCR to get to the modes I need anymore (since I don't use them anyway).

So I've flashed over a little icon I threw together just to test how easy it would be to make your own, and it works out pretty well, gives a fairly nice, clean look, not nearly as blocky as I was suspecting it would be based on Joyetechs sample logo.

One thing to remember when making your own icons, is to save the files as a .bmp file, but also make sure it's the Monochromatic .bmp, the 16bit and 128bit ones won't work, it will only accept the mono .bmp (took me a few tries before I realized why it wouldn't work, I kept saving them as 16bit and 128bit by mistake).

Here's my little creation

20160421_114519.jpg

and here's the icon if anyone should want to use it, just open it in MS Paint and save it as a Mono .bmp, and voila

VTCminiSubOhmIcon.jpg

Attachments

• VTCminiSubOhmIcon.jpg
    VTCminiSubOhmIcon.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 12

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Looks good! At first I thought it was "Smokey the Bear" ... then I zoomed in ... LOL

VU Sponsors