Become a Patron!

Updates on the IPV4????

-=Rob=-

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The batch # on mine is W0726. I have had no trouble with it. I haven't taken it apart to check the board as I have it wrapped and I'll have to take the wrap off to open it up and may mess up the wrap. I suppose I should look at it though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wonder if the batch numbers have anything to do with where they're sold.
The one on the left was from nwvape
and the one on the right was sold to me from my local shop here in CA..interesting the one from WA state begins with a "W".... Just curious..lol
8908e301976a34f8b758482152c00e77.jpg

sent from my XT1080 via Tapatalk

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Both my black and silver units have had no issues what so ever interesting that both my units came from the same vendor in california and about a month apart and both have L1166

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My W0726 came from California.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You know, I might have got them mixed up..
Seeing yours is from California beginning with "w" may be mine is too... I know I got the other one on pre order from nwvape..oh well.. Its all good!

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mine came from CA and is A0600. Haven't taken it apart yet but so far no problems.

No matter where you go, take your Vape!

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Fictitious Character I know you received yours about the same time I did mine from the same vendor. Is your's a L1293 as well? I am hoping that it is a batch number, but I can't find anything searching Google and P4Y's website is atrocious to say the least. I haven't had any issues with mine and love it.
Yes they are batch #'s I went through this with the ipv3. I do have the same batch # as you L1293.

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Mine is W0726

No problems here. I haven't disassembled it cause I have a wrap on it.

Last edited:

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Same with me. I put a plastic piece in just as a precaution. Didn't even break the qc sticker!
So yours did not have any insulation/isolation? If not I may just have to attempt taking it apart (without breaking the seal) to put some in.

Kaged_Gryphon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
What I'm finding odd is that my IPV4 batch L1293 didn't have a sticker on the inside

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My code is L1612 and had no problems with it at all, drains both batteries equally, when take them out, they both read the same voltage.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I wound up with L1612, from Wake and Vape pretty much upon release. Makes you wonder if the batch numbers have any correlation as to when they were made. Mine has been fine, though I haven't opened it up. I'm just basing that on three pairs of batteries that always meter evenly.

Kaged_Gryphon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well, they just announced the IPV3LI is available at VaporDNA and Wake And Vape. Will wait for reviews this time lol. Sidenote, my IPV4 seems to be more accurate now that I've added more insulation. Ohms used to fluctuate on some of my RDA's but now they are steady.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I wound up with L1612, from Wake and Vape pretty much upon release. Makes you wonder if the batch numbers have any correlation as to when they were made. Mine has been fine, though I haven't opened it up. I'm just basing that on three pairs of batteries that always meter evenly.

Mine also came from wake and vape too ;)

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Mine also came from wake and vape too ;)
I was typing when you posted. I remember you ordered basically the same time as mine. Mine went on vacation to Chicago, then Denver. If I remember correctly yours just went on witness protection program for a bit. Hopefully we are good, since we both meter batteries, and they've always been perfect on mine.

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My batteries are dead nuts the same when I put them in my D4 charger, regardless of the pair. I also haven't noticed any resistance fluctuations that couldn't be attributed to slightly changing thermal condition/environment.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was typing when you posted. I remember you ordered basically the same time as mine. Mine went on vacation to Chicago, then Denver. If I remember correctly yours just went on witness protection program for a bit. Hopefully we are good, since we both meter batteries, and they've always been perfect on mine.

Yes mine went on vacation for a few weeks o_O

I actually only just got the D4 charger, had the i4, but didn't show any info, and as I have a few dual battery mods and reports of some peoples not discharging at the same rate, thought it was a smart buy, and was happy to see both batteries at the same voltage when plugged them in to charge :)

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yes mine went on vacation for a few weeks o_O

I actually only just got the D4 charger, had the i4, but didn't show any info, and as I have a few dual battery mods and reports of some peoples not discharging at the same rate, thought it was a smart buy, and was happy to see both batteries at the same voltage when plugged them in to charge :)
Nice. I would suggest also getting a digital multimeter. I got mine at Walmart for under $20, a GE, and I use it constantly. It's more accurate than a charger for metering batteries. I need to upgrade chargers, the Luc I bought was returned as it was faulty, so I got another no frills i4. It's fine, but I'd like an Xtar to have more options for charging speed. I have to look at the specs on the D4, it's a nice looking charger, too.

I hope our batch number proves to stay good. I'm gonna open it up soon enough. I just built such a gorgeous NI200 coil on one of my Mutations. 26ga, 3mm, 13 wraps at .090. I'd been building at around .065 range, and needing 50j and 480 degrees. This coil pumps at 30-40j, and 380-400 degrees. I'm a competent enough builder, but this is one of those rare coils that just vapes and looks perfect. I'm definitely gonna be building a bit higher from now on, .090 being higher... Lol.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've got my Vulcan rocking .13, Dual 3mm id contact coils, 50 Joules and 470 degrees. Nice juicy flavorful cloudage. Now on to build my Freakshow with some NI200.

MikeSully

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So yours did not have any insulation/isolation? If not I may just have to attempt taking it apart (without breaking the seal) to put some in.

Mine had a poorly placed sticker on the charge board that wasn't covering any of the contacts . Not sure of its visible in the pic. Its more than half hanging off the board.

Attachments

• 20150615_153336.jpg
    20150615_153336.jpg
    604.9 KB · Views: 45

JXN

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine had a poorly placed sticker on the charge board that wasn't covering any of the contacts . Not sure of its visible in the pic. Its more than half hanging off the board.
You're talking about the Quality Control sticker, but how about the insulation aspect? Apparently it was O.K..

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nope, works like a charm. I have done both, spaced and contact. Spaced works better in tanks, contact coils better in drippers IMLVO (In my logical Vulcan opinion).
you better trademark that shit before it gets cloned or ripped off lol. Will give contact coils a go ;)

MikeSully

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You're talking about the Quality Control sticker, but how about the insulation aspect? Apparently it was O.K..
No. A black insulator sticker on the board. Its visible in the pic. :)

Wooglin

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I removed my charge board, was getting strange burn smell from yihi board area and batteries were discharged more than normal uneven.

dionysuskiss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi. New here. Joined this forum because of this thead. I was having serious drainage issues as well. I am trying to get in touch with my vendor about this. In the meantime, since my warranty just ran out, I decided to open it up and take a look at the charge board. NO insulator for the 510 and a very flimsy looking black piece near the screw post. Doesn't even cover the whole area. I feel lucky at this point, that nothing bad happened. I will try putting electrical tape and see how it goes. I do have a question. Are my batteries pretty much goners? The last time I used them on the device, one read 3.4 the other 2.4 :eek:! I had only vaped it to 50% of the battery life.
*sigh* First the istick 50w, now this:(.

Ipv4 Black lot #L1132

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi. New here. Joined this forum because of this thead. I was having serious drainage issues as well. I am trying to get in touch with my vendor about this. In the meantime, since my warranty just ran out, I decided to open it up and take a look at the charge board. NO insulator for the 510 and a very flimsy looking black piece near the screw post. Doesn't even cover the whole area. I feel lucky at this point, that nothing bad happened. I will try putting electrical tape and see how it goes. I do have a question. Are my batteries pretty much goners? The last time I used them on the device, one read 3.4 the other 2.4 :eek:! I had only vaped it to 50% of the battery life.
*sigh* First the istick 50w, now this:(.

Ipv4 Black lot #L1132
I would cycle them and then meter them to see if their charge is screwy but it may be best/safest to just toss them and get some new ones.

Last edited:

dionysuskiss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I would cycle them and then meter them to see if their charge is screwy but it may be best/safest to just toss them and get some new ones.
Yeah, that's what I thought. Figured the batteries had been put through too much stress.

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you have a parallel box or single box you may try cycling them equally for a while to see how they act.

dionysuskiss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No such luck there. This was my first external battery mod. It will be a while before I get another regulated mod, considering my luck with them lately. I was looking at the ipv mini 2 . Not sure now.

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No such luck there. This was my first external battery mod. It will be a while before I get another regulated mod, considering my luck with them lately. I was looking at the ipv mini 2 . Not sure now.
I have the original IPV Mini (30) and it's been great.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Did they get rid of the mirror screen cover on the ipv4?

Mykline

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did they get rid of the mirror screen cover on the ipv4?
I received my silver IPV4 on 6/13/2015 from Wake and Vape and it did not have the mirrored screen. It had the same screen as the black IPV4. Took it to my local B&M and they were surprised when they saw it didn't have the mirrored screen. The ones they had in stock still had the mirrored screens.

VU Sponsors