https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I received my silver IPV4 on 6/13/2015 from Wake and Vape and it did not have the mirrored screen. It had the same screen as the black IPV4. Took it to my local B&M and they were surprised when they saw it didn't have the mirrored screen. The ones they had in stock still had the mirrored screens.
Cool!
Thanks dude

Mykline

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cool!
Thanks dude
5187053c4423d6652066ca87c309e840.jpg

Picture of my IPV4. Hope pic displays.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yes it does. I was surprised when I recived it. I think it really looks cool like that. No problem in the sunlight.
the display was a major reason I stopped looking into one. The charge port Is the other. Now I'm back to considering if I wanna jb weld the port.

Mykline

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I posted some videos I think earlier in this thread about the change port and it is a simple fix if you have a problem with it. I have been vaping my mod hard for a week now and have had zero problems with it.

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I broke down and opened mine up to do the silvering removal over the display area. While I was at it I insulated the top and bottom of the charging board with clear thick plastic. I didn't have any problems prompting the insulating but did it as a precautionary measure. Looking forward to when P4Y releases the firmware update. I feel like they are giving the iPV 3 Li preference by releasing the update for it prior to the 4's. Poor form P4Y!
3f4470bac7a2c8031edadfa18ada7da5.jpg

No matter where you go, take your Vape!

-=Rob=-

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@MarkS, is that an authentic J Wraps wrap on your IPV4? It looks to fit well on there. I got one of the $6.49 ones, or whatever it was, from that other place on eBay and the fit on it isn't so great. The one on yours looks much better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

-=Rob=-

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks, I'll check their site again. The J Wraps ones look to fit a bit better than the one I got.

Kaged_Gryphon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Got a reply from Denny at P4U saying the IPV4 firmware update will be coming soon.

Which was nice.
Did he give any specifics on the update? Like what it's bringing? I've seen the rumors saying 150watts plus but I'm sure everyone wants actual facts.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Did he give any specifics on the update? Like what it's bringing? I've seen the rumors saying 150watts plus but I'm sure everyone wants actual facts.

Shit if that's the case screw the ipv3 LI lol

st0nedpenguin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No mention of features, I was honestly just glad to get a reply.

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's supposed to upgrade the iPV4 to 120 watts as far as I know.

st0nedpenguin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@-=Rob=- yes, authentic J-Wraps. I didn't use the clamshell/taco wrap because I like the contrasting look better.

@st0nedpenguin great to hear... however, I wonder what they mean by soon.

I think he was saying a week after the IPV3 Li release, but his wording is a little weird. o_O

-=Rob=-

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Got a reply from Denny at P4U saying the IPV4 firmware update will be coming soon.

Which was nice.
I hope the upgrade will allow it to go down to 7 watts as advertised versus the actual low of 10 watts now. I have several tanks that perform better in the 8.0-8-5 watt range. Over 100 would be great too but I seldom go there.

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Let's see... we have folks that want 7 to 150 watts, J up to 70, multiple wire type support, and I will add 5 memory storages for the TC side, and screen flip (if someone hasn't said those). What else is on the dream firmware upgrade/update list?

Last edited:

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Let's see... we have folks that want 7 to 150 watts, J up to 70, multiple wire type support, and I will add 5 memory storages for the TC side (if someone hasn't said that). What else is on the dream firmware upgrade/update list?

4000 watts would be ideal :)

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm honestly amazed anyone even vapes at 7w anymore.
You know I was thinking the same thing. I tried going down to 10 watts and ended up taking like a 5 minute draw just to get any relative vapor production lol.

JXN

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use one of my 2 Protank II's almost every night.and you're right the sweet spot is 7.5 watts. 7 just doesn't cut it. Don't get me started on the power needed for my Aerotank V2, you're talking double digits, almost.

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I run my Nautilus Mini at 10 but when I install a new coil I start low (7W), work my way up to 13W, and drop back to 10W.

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That there be tootle puffin' territory. I really don't use that atty on it unless I'm just wanting a quick flavor change.

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sometimes it's just quicker and easier... not something I do with regularity. That's what other less capable mods are for.

Kaged_Gryphon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That moment when you build a beautiful twisted 30 gauge dual 10 wrap nickel build and it ohms out at .026 and the IPV4 says "Low Resistance". I will add my vote for lower TC resistance

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That moment when you build a beautiful twisted 30 gauge dual 10 wrap nickel build and it ohms out at .026 and the IPV4 says "Low Resistance". I will add my vote for lower TC resistance

It really should be lower for dual builds more flexabilty is always good.

Kaged_Gryphon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It really should be lower for dual builds more flexabilty is always good.
Any suggestions? It's a contact coil but it barely fit on the deck of the zephyrus. If I twist the 30ga NI200 with 26 or 28ga kanthal will it still work?

st0nedpenguin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a dual 8 wrap 30ga nickel in the goblin right now and that's sitting at .07.

I'd expect that twisted to come in a lot higher.

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Any suggestions? It's a contact coil but it barely fit on the deck of the zephyrus. If I twist the 30ga NI200 with 26 or 28ga kanthal will it still work?

Twisting nickel with the kanthal wont add any resistance as electricity is like water and follows the path of least resistance. You may just have to use it in single coil if you don't want to make new coils with some extra wraps.

Kaged_Gryphon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Kinda hard to use the zephyrus in single coil

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Kinda hard to use the zephyrus in single coil

sorry m8 I am not up to date with that tank haven't even seen the specs on it. If you have some 32g nickel Id try wrapping a dual coils in that if deck space is a issue but if you can add another couple wraps to each coil with the 30g and make it fit go for it. good luck

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I twist 30 ga. Ni200 with 34 ga. Kanthal for my TC builds.

JXN

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't know of anyone else who has 34 ga. Kanthal. I use 30 ga. in my 7 watt builds.

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I don't know of anyone else who has 34 ga. Kanthal. I use 30 ga. in my 7 watt builds.

I bought a ton of high gauge wire (liek up to 40) in Kanthal and Nichrome from LightningVapes on SAT night and it arrived today (WED).
Only place i found 50g is on TwistedMesses site.

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've built it with nickel before, its just so finicky that it's annoying.

get some tempered nickel wire much easier then anealed ni200 lighting vapes has it in stock, they sell on ebay and on their website use promo code ohmssweetohms on their site.

Kaged_Gryphon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
get some tempered nickel wire much easier then anealed ni200 lighting vapes has it in stock, they sell on ebay and on their website use promo code ohmssweetohms on their site.
That's what I'm using

MikeSully

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I am experiencing a bit of an unreported issue. Nothing deal breaking but in TC mode once the Atty is cold after putting the device down for a bit... first button press- "short" no vapor. Second button press- screen displays as if its firing, no vapor. 3rd button press- vape on! This happens on all my nickel atomizers, 0.066 ohms up to 0.077 ohms. Hasn't always done this. Maybe just the past two days.

Any thoughts?

Is there a complete system reset procedure?

Anyone else have this issue?

VU Sponsors