Become a Patron!

Upgrade from Kangertech Subox Mini

Hey All,

Been perusing this forum for quite a bit.

I picked up a kanger subox mini a little while ago, and it's great. I just ordered a crown uwell and thought that maybe I should use that on something else. I'm not into dripping or anything like that, I just like to fill up the tank and vape throughout the day.

The Subox Mini feels a bit small as well, now that i've been to vape shops and have seen what other people use, so it doesn't have to be the same size. Any suggestions?

Appreciate your help.

Erik13

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I made the same upgrade. I'm now using the crown tank with an IPV4 and love it. So much more flavor than the Kanger.

I would go with the IPV4S or the SMOK X Cube II. The both have a ton of wattage you may use later. Both have temp control as an option.

That's the exact one I was looking at. I'll go for that.

Quick question, I just attached the crown uwell to my kanger and i'm not getting much flavor. I'm using the .5 and it's just not doing it for me. Was there anything special I had to do when using it for the first time?

Erik13

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Did you prime the coil first? Also, I don't think that Kanger has the wattage to get that crown to it's potential.
I don't start getting really good flavor until 55-60 watts.

danblas

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
rx200, kbox 200, and koopor plus 200 push the crown beautifully. They all do TC os the SS crown stock coils as well

I ended up with the Cuboid, something about it was really appealing, not too big but definitely has some heft. Great construction.

Now my question is:
I have a Uwell Crown on the Cuboid. There's so many settings with it, how do I know what settings to do so I don't break the thing?

Erik13

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It depends on what coils you put in, and whether you want to use it in temp control or wattage mode. Don't worry- you won't break it!

I'm using .5 coils...

I think the temp is a bit more accurate with adjusting from what I've felt so far, just sometimes it spits really hot

Erik13

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I prefer the .5 in the Crown too. What wattage are you vaping at?

Erik13

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Wait..are you in temp mode with the .5 coils? You should only use temp mode with Ni200 coils.

Yea, no clue..I'm using the coil that came with the uwell.

I switched back to wattage. I'm vaping at 45 watts right now.

Erik13

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The Crown coils are marked(hard to read!). The only time you should use temp mode is with the NI200 coil. All the other coils are for wattage mode.

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Wait a minute guys, you can indeed use the crown .25 and .5 coils in temp mode with the cuboid, or any other mod that supports ss for temp control. As I've gotten more and more of these mods that support temp for ss I have learned that the crown coils are not apparently ss316 which uses tcr .00092, rather they are ss304 on the legs and thus work better with the proper tcr ranging from .00105-.00110ish (lot's of room people are playing around with here to find their sweet spot.). With the cuboid you can set your tcr for desired coils by powering off the mod and holding the fire and up button down till the screen brings up m1,m2,m3 screen, using down button you can enter your desired tcr. When you power the mod on, click fire button 3 times and the top line will flash, using the + button will cycle you through the various settings, power, temp ni, temp ss, temp ti, m1,2,3, select your memory slot accordingly and then you can adjust your temp and watts.

There is a whole thread started in the vv/vw mod section about tcr settings people are using with their crown ss coils in temp mode that can give you some guides as to what settings/watts/temps people are finding best. I have been dialing my mods in and am sooo much more pleased with temp control as it does away with any dry or burnt hits, will save your battery life, increase your coil life, and just provide a more satisfying vape all around.

I am by no means an expert, but have spent a lot of time in trial and error on this so hopefully this is somewhat helpful to you. Kudos on the cuboid purchase! I love mine and have been vaping the hell out of it with my rose gold crown all day in temp mode with the .25 coil, blowing huge flavorful clouds!

Erik13

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I guess I was wrong. My understanding was that while the mod would read that you're in temp control, unless you're using ni200 coils you're actually not.

Well that's good to know..

Is your crown using a crapload of juice? I feel like i'm using 2x the juice as I did with the subox mini tank

Erik13

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh yeah! Uses tons of juice.
As far as the coils I hope someone else chimes in...
  • Available in 0.25Ω, 0.50Ω, 0.15Ω.
  • 0.25Ω and 0.50Ω coils are made with stainless steel wire (for regular wattage vaping mode)
  • 0.15Ω coil is made with Ni200 wire (for temperature control vaping mode ONLY)

danblas

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The Crown SS coils can be used in wattage mode or temp control mode (if your mod supports SS). Im using my Crown on an Evic VTC mini in SS316L temp mode and it works great. Yes it does swallow tons of juice but the Crown is really an awesome tank. Further clarification on temp mode is that it depends on the mod. Newer mods will support SS in temp control mode but there should be different temp modes. So for instance on my Evic VTC is has a Nickel temp mode, a Titanium temp mode, an SS temp mode, and a custom TCR temp mode as well as variable wattage. Older mods would most likely only use Nickel so it depends on the mod more then anything. One thing I love about the Evic VTC is that they do firmware updates often so they add functionality to it.

danblas

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So Welcome. You sound like a factory Rep/salesman. Were used to that. Enjoy. :cool:
I guess that is supposed to be insulting me for some reason. Here I thought this forum was for helping each other, I guess you would rather troll threads and add negativity instead of actual information. Maybe I am misunderstanding. Hard to understand what you wrote.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I guess that is supposed to be insulting me for some reason. Here I thought this forum was for helping each other, I guess you would rather troll threads and add negativity instead of actual information. Maybe I am misunderstanding. Hard to understand what you wrote.
I can't help you.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I find no reason to Insult you. I just try to help people.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This one has promise, We will see. I would like other Men protect our land. They conduct their lives. They can shoot a tooth pick off a Nipple. Howling @ the Moon. :cool:

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I\m Texas rock. Might get ripped, need more songs. We can make there Hearts melt. How do We raid their wallets? We took everything but a stiffie. Not a good plan. Pissed, kay. Need to think. Part of being smart.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea, no clue..I'm using the coil that came with the uwell.

I switched back to wattage. I'm vaping at 45 watts right now.
For me using the .25 dual coil 45w isn't near enough power....I mean these SS Crown coils like higher wattages, at 6Ow (power mode) it starts to wake up but really shines for me at about 65-70w or so, even though it's rated 80-120w...I prefer the .25 vs the .5 for thicker clouds....but the .5 coil did have awesome flavor starting at 55w or so...just my two cents, lololo
cb38ab703f14575c215ddd62e908095e.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Erik13

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The Crown SS coils can be used in wattage mode or temp control mode (if your mod supports SS). Im using my Crown on an Evic VTC mini in SS316L temp mode and it works great. Yes it does swallow tons of juice but the Crown is really an awesome tank. Further clarification on temp mode is that it depends on the mod. Newer mods will support SS in temp control mode but there should be different temp modes. So for instance on my Evic VTC is has a Nickel temp mode, a Titanium temp mode, an SS temp mode, and a custom TCR temp mode as well as variable wattage. Older mods would most likely only use Nickel so it depends on the mod more then anything. One thing I love about the Evic VTC is that they do firmware updates often so they add functionality to it.
Now I get it. Thank you!

VU Sponsors