Become a Patron!

UPGRADE from the eleaf iStick 100w?

mysteryhf

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi guys! So I'm very happy with my SMOK IPV4 tank, it's amazing. The Samsung 25Rs are fantastic. I'd like to upgrade my box mod. I basically want to get cloudier than where I'm at. My buddy's evic on 45w gets cloudier than I do on 65w w/ my sixtuple coil. I don't like it. Where do y'all suggest I go from here? I was considering a sigelei 150w box.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi guys! So I'm very happy with my SMOK IPV4 tank, it's amazing. The Samsung 25Rs are fantastic. I'd like to upgrade my box mod. I basically want to get cloudier than where I'm at. My buddy's evic on 45w gets cloudier than I do on 65w w/ my sixtuple coil. I don't like it. Where do y'all suggest I go from here? I was considering a sigelei 150w box.
haha you want to get Cloudier?

mysteryhf

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
haha it just sounds funny.. How much do you want to spend and why do you think the Istick cannot product the required watts?

My budget is like $150. I don't want to have to upgrade again for a while lol. Idk, my tank is top of the line and I'd like to hit it at 90w on a higher wattage box

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I run the Sigelei 150w box, it's solid.

But, why are you looking at a new mod if you're not maxing your current one? Unless I'm reading wrong you're running at 65w when you can go up to 100w?

Also a lot of what gets the clouds are the coils you use, I don't know anything about the IPV4 but I do the TFV4 and it's sextuple coils are pretty underwhelming, the quad coil though gets big clouds. So consider which coil you're using as well.

mysteryhf

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I run the Sigelei 150w box, it's solid.

But, why are you looking at a new mod if you're not maxing your current one? Unless I'm reading wrong you're running at 65w when you can go up to 100w?

Also a lot of what gets the clouds are the coils you use, I don't know anything about the IPV4 but I do the TFV4 and it's sextuple coils are pretty underwhelming, the quad coil though gets big clouds. So consider which coil you're using as well.

Ah, sorry, what I meant was the TFV4, not IPV4, lol. I was using the sextuple coil up until today, replaced it w/ quad. I like it better, and I changed juice to fruit roll up blue razz, and I love it.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah the quad is excellent, and I'd certainly recommend an upgrade from a 100w max mod, I like it best at 110-125w.

I just got my Smok Xcube II mod in the mail today, have to say I like it better than my Sigelei 150w mod. TC is nice, doubt I'll use it (rather dial in my coil and have fun doing that) as I don't deal with burnt coils much. If I used primarily premade coils it may be worth it to prevent me from burning them up but ehh... I like power mode well enough.

Why I like this new mod, well it feels better in my hand with the rounded edges and slightly smaller box. It's display is nice and has some interesting features that are pretty cool (can adjust to have extra power initially, which is great for slower ramp up coils, or conversely can adjust to have a slower ramp up. Then it also counts your intakes, and times them which is cool. Then it just looks cooler, the bar to activate is nice over the button. And, it was cheaper than my sigelei 150w, granted it took a month to get here though as I ordered it from China. It has a neat LED light under the activation bar which can be adjusted for colors with a blutooth app. Just overall appearance it's far above the sigelei, feel again better, and functionality superior.

All that said, with the TFV4 premade coils the best of the bunch (excluding TC options I haven't tried) is the Quad coil and while it says 140w realistically if you want to chain vape a bit, you won't want to exceed 130w, it says 140w but if you do that and take 2-3 successive hits you'll end up with a burnt taste as the juice simply can't keep up... or at least the juices I use (typically higher VG).

For myself I run a modified single RBA build (drilled out extra juice flow as well as widened the holes in the deck to allow a more robust coil) and I can run that bad boy up to the 180w that this mod allows without a problem. The taste with some juices suffers at higher watts though, more simple flavors ~100-110w is best, and more complex I enjoy higher wattages.

Anyways now that I have this I wish I would have gotten it to start, well, excluding the shipping time, I am glad I got the Sigelei which arrived in a week but I'm glad I upgraded (was running the Sigelei for about 2 months)

Looking for a future proof mod, the Smok XCube II is a solid option IMO. I got mine on sale for about $45. There are probably better ones out there with say the DNA200 and such (only read about them) but this is a solid option and considering no tank + premade coils can really handle anything near it's max, well, you're going to be sitting pretty for quite some time.

VU Sponsors