Become a Patron!

Upgrade suggestions

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So I've been vaping exclusively (except for the very rare analog with coworkers after a long night working in the prison with no smoke breaks, and maybe a dead ego lol) for about 2 yrs now, loving it. Started on egos, upgraded to spinners (that I've since broken cuz I always drop the fool things). Think it's time to step up and get something a little better. Been watching a lot of reviews on Youtube (Pbusardo being the most informative I've found), really wanting a vw box mod, mostly cuz they're flat and I'm less likely to drop them off a table like a pencil in grade school. I for one am sick and tired of using those damn ego chargers, and really want a pass through. Itaste vv and the istick (even with the power issue) are on the list. But is there anything else in that price range I should be looking at? Don't want a vamo or provari type, too dildo looking and there's that rolling off the table thing again. Just curious to see what other people in my budget level (still using evods ok lol) are using. Are the clones really any good? Bought a twist battery from fast tech for like $10 that I swear changes its mind vapely on what voltage it wants to put out. Like sometimes 4.8 hits hard, and then a few puffs later its like it magically goes back down to 2, which isn't even a setting. No meter to test my theory, and I'm sure its pwm so probably hard to check anyway. Yes I wrote a lot, sorry about that. Just trying to describe my experiences and let out some frustrations as well. Thanks for any input anybody may have. Who knows, maybe I'll win one of the 15 or so contests I entered and problem solved lol. I did see a Dna 30 in a nes controller on ebay, now that is WAY over my budget, but I did think it was pretty cool.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If you tank only, an eGrip can be had on Ebay for about 55 bucks. Nice little unit, but comes with limitations.

You can find the DNA 30-50-70 clones there too.

For myself, I prefer something I can pull the batteries out of. I like my Sigelei 100 watt version 2. Having looked at the DNA's, myself, I would be more inclined to buy a unregulated mod box with a mofset first. Not regulated, but something a guy could repair themselves, and no boards to worry about frying.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I did look at the e grip, kinda neat little design. But I find myself changing tanks / juices a lot depending on my mood. Looked at a lot of Dna clones actually, but then I ask myself the question are these really any good? And I'm kinda not really a "fix it myself" kinda guy, I tend to get a little carried away. I'm all for removable batteries, but I just want something I can adjust depending on the tank and juice that I have (or how much I'm drinking, kinda like a harder vape if I'm drinking for some reason) and just plug it in to the charger and not mess with all that other stuff. Laziness? Perhaps.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
There are lots of DNA and clone devices. Even ones that are an offshoot of the DNA with aesthetic improvements. It's all up to your budget.

Me, I'm happy with my Sig day to day. I have mech mods too that I use some.

NurseErin

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Sounds like we have a similar budget, but I'm no vape expert. I went from my egos to an MVP 2. I now have 2 Mvps, Itaste vv, Istick, Hana clone, 2 mechs, an rDNA 30, & my newest is a ipv mini. I still use my MVP daily & my favorite is my rDNA30 but that price is crazy. Personally I didn't like my DNA 30 clone & my Mvps perform better than my istick. Only a week with the ipv but I like the look & weight of my MVP better still. I wasn't a fan of my Itaste vv, I left my first one in the cold car for 2 hours & it stopped working, my 2nd one seems to have issues too. Hope this helps some. I also left behind my evods & use kayfuns, kayfun minis, & basically all rebuildable tank atomizers. Better flavor, hold more juice, & just a much better vape experience for me. The only tank I use now that's not a rebuildable is the aspire nautilus mini. Most of my rebuildable tanks are clones & work great.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I believe Santa is bringing me something to tide me over until I can afford something really good.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
But everyone's input just amazes me, everybody's got their own preferences and style of vaping and so willing to try to help other people. That in itself is awesome to me.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
But everyone's input just amazes me, everybody's got their own preferences and style of vaping and so willing to try to help other people. That in itself is awesome to me.

That sums up the vaping community.

We are all helpful (except for an occasional jerk that sneaks in) and when you ask one question, you will get 10 anwers and all of them correct in their own way.

How much are you looking to spend for your upgrade?

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Not looking at the moment to spend more than $60. But I believe Santa is taking care of me for the moment, I have a pretty cool family.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Atomizers have a general power range they can perform well in. Power supply's have a power range they can supply. The two ranges should mesh. What kinds of atty's are you gonna be running? I would determine the power range first, then look at devices that cover that range.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Santa upgraded me early, so far I like it, just need new coils and some 12mg juice, these 24s are way too strong now.
9497ec2c41626fc97274e5383d24e1b0.jpg

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
First impressions and a "mini" review, like there aren't a million already (I read alot of reviews before I asked for an istick) really like it, settings are super easy to change, best I can tell without a meter the ohms checker is accurate, not according to what's written on the coil, but I know that's rarely accurate. Only issues I have are occasionally when removing an ego tank the adapter comes off with the tank, & for some reason on mine the fire button is VERY loose, rattles pretty bad. As long as the internals and everything hold up I'm perfectly happy with it, really ocd people would have a fit with that button, but its working just fine for right now.

VU Sponsors