Become a Patron!

Upgraded to Kanger Mini Protank 3 - Burnt, harsh taste?

I'm new to vaping and basically do it to replace drinking while fishing/golfing, so I vape 0 nicotine ejuice.

I started off with a 900mah pen from Vista Vapors. My tank started to leak (up until then, no real problems) so I upgraded to a Kanger Mini Protank 3 after numerous good reviews.

Immediately I regretted the decision. I let the juice steep quite a while and even put a couple drops directly on the wicks. First hit, not bad. Second, good. Third and thereafter have a burnt, throat burning harsh taste. Very unpleasant. I've tried covering one hole, taking shorter hits, longer hit, more air, less air, etc.

Any ideas? Could it be that I now am getting more air, more vaporization so my ejuice that was once not harsh, is now harsh? I *think* my juices are 50/50. Should I go more toward a higher VG to lessen the throat hit that I might be experiencing?

I'm open to ideas. Maybe the pen just isn't meant for that dual coil tank?

I have owned the same tank as you, and ran a 70/30 vg/pg mix respectively with no issues.
You are correct in your assumption that a beginner tank would mute the flavor but it should not taste burnt under any working setup.
Is the pen adjustable in any way ? (variable voltage?)
Imo the wick is not pulling juice in as it should, and the output from the pen may be too high effectively drying up the wick within the coil.
With a setup like yours I would expect it to be leaking not burning.

Do you know how to clean/dry-burn a coil?
May be worth a shot if you're currently running the silica based coils in your tank. (if it doesn't say occ anywhere on the box, probably silica)

The pen is not variable at all, in any fashion. Upgrade time I bet?

My tank came with two coils. I switched out for the other coil and pulled the top two wicks out. Less vapor production, no more burnt taste, less taste overall. So I had to compromise a bit.

I do believe the wicks are silica. Don't look like cotton to me.

Edit: Same user as OP. Apparently I already had an account signed in on my phone. Guess I'll delete the Burks21. My apologies.

VU Sponsors