Become a Patron!

URGENT PLEASE HELP!!!!

r2beat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No matter what juice or wick or coil I use I keep getting a chemical sort of taste for the first 20-50 pulls. It started happening recently. Anybody know whats happening?

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Need info. What device/wire/atty/ohm etc. Need something to work with.

r2beat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Need info. What device/wire/atty/ohm etc. Need something to work with.

V3 flip 24k gold
32g-26g kanthal normal/twisted/clapton basically any kind
Plume veil clone/nimbus clone/zenith clone
.08-1.2 ohms
30pg70vg juices
Rayon/boiled organic cotton

I tried everything. I dont know what I did wrong or changed today. It was fine until yesterday. I had to make some new coils today and thats when I staryed gettinf the chemical taste.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Did you wash/clean your dripper? hands, before making your coil?
Sometimes you can get a bad taste if you handle the wicking material with dirty hands??

Can you show a vid/pic of it in action?

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
i found sometimes with my drippers igo w some juice can get under the center post insulator. that area needs cleaning other wise a funky taste can happen.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
possibly vape tongue??

r2beat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Did you wash/clean your dripper? hands, before making your coil?
Sometimes you can get a bad taste if you handle the wicking material with dirty hands??

Can you show a vid/pic of it in action?
I wash my hands before I start the process but I wrap my coils after I wash my hands. So I touch my screwdriver and kanthal then I wick. Could it be from that?

r2beat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i found sometimes with my drippers igo w some juice can get under the center post insulator. that area needs cleaning other wise a funky taste can happen.
Do I neex to unscrew the post and clean? Or can I just clean it with it screwed on?

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Do I neex to unscrew the post and clean? Or can I just clean it with it screwed on?
in the igo's case in can be removed with tweezer. but a good bath soak in hot water could do just the same

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I wash my hands before I start the process but I wrap my coils after I wash my hands. So I touch my screwdriver and kanthal then I wick. Could it be from that?

Most clone atties come from the factory with lots of machine oil and crap still in/on them.
They need to be washed before using or you'll vaping machine oil. ;-)

That's what he meant I think.

If it just started today, what changed?

JCS

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I had a problem with my nimbus I got a chemical taste immediately opened top cap and checked my positive post sure enough my insulator had started to melt it was on a clone. Might want to consider checking the post insulator make sure there's no damage.

r2beat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I had a problem with my nimbus I got a chemical taste immediately opened top cap and checked my positive post sure enough my insulator had started to melt it was on a clone. Might want to consider checking the post insulator make sure there's no damage.
I think it might be this. How would I know if its melted? Are there telltale signs? What if it melted a little bit that I cant tell by looking at it? The taste goes away aftwr about 20 pulls though. Also does that mean I cant use it anymore if it's melted?

Last edited:

r2beat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Most clone atties come from the factory with lots of machine oil and crap still in/on them.

I think I might have melted all 3 of my positive posts.

r2beat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

I have been using the attys just fine and it happened yesterday

JCS

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My nimbus the center insulator just kinda looked like it was chewed on a little bit lol. And my center post spins now. This is what my insulator looks like now. And yes mine was fine also but simply changing out your wick and bumping your coil a little to close to your center post could have created too much heat. I've heard of a lot of people having problems with the nimbus clone insulators. Mine melted as well as my friends. Having difficulties uploading the pic give me a sec.

JCS

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My nimbus the center insulator just kinda looked like it was chewed on a little bit lol. And my center post spins now. This is what my insulator looks like now. And yes mine was fine also but simply changing out your wick and bumping your coil a little to close to your center post could have created too much heat. I've heard of a lot of people having problems with the nimbus clone insulators. Mine melted as well as my friends. Having difficulties uploading the pic give me a sec.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
to post photos, you can host them here
http://postimage.org/
copy the direct link then paste them into your messages with this in the front of the link, [img ]
and this at the end of the link [/img ]
when you put the "img" in your post delete the space after the g's and it will show the photo.

JCS

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
image.jpg[\img]

JCS

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank you Celtic fog!

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
glad to help my man, and make sure not to put yourself in harms way, get that insulator changed out.

JCS

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh nice! Thank you very much! I thought it was just shot. I couldn't find the insulators online. Awesome find Caff!

JCS

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I will def do that. I'm trying to get my Girlfriend to completely switch over to vaping she vapes but still smokes some. She was surprised how cool and helpful the vape community is. It's a great thing

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
If by chance you have an Evod or PT head (dead one) you can take it apart and the rubber grommet thingy in the bottom can serve as an insulator in a pinch.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Good luck on getting her to switch, vaping has been great for me and my lady, the kids are a lot happier now too, I used to smoke in the garage and stink up the whole house, now it smells like goodness all day long and I spend even more time with the kids.

r2beat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My insulator doesnt look that bad. I gave up on those 3 clones and im vaping on a brand new plume veil clone with no problems. I still dont know exactly why those 3 give off a chemical taste. I washed em and checked the positive insulator.

vapedick

Member For 4 Years
V3 flip 24k gold
32g-26g kanthal normal/twisted/clapton basically any kind
Plume veil clone/nimbus clone/zenith clone
.08-1.2 ohms
30pg70vg juices
Rayon/boiled organic cotton

I tried everything. I dont know what I did wrong or changed today. It was fine until yesterday. I had to make some new coils today and thats when I staryed gettinf the chemical taste.
You've got a flip 24k making Clapton coils twisted coils at all gauges and you have to ask everyone else about this???????
Hmmmmmmm. Maybe try a non clone and a standard micro. Start off slow if you can't figure out a bad taste on your own.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

r2beat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You've got a flip 24k making Clapton coils twisted coils at all gauges and you have to ask everyone else about this???????
Hmmmmmmm. Maybe try a non clone and a standard micro. Start off slow if you can't figure out a bad taste on your own.

Ive been building for months now. While I might not be as "pro" as you, I dont act like an elitist prick. I do know my way somewhat around builds, ohms, batteries, safety, etc. I actually try to help people and not act like some stuck up bitch. If you read, my positive insulator doesnt look burned at all and ive never had this taste before. Maybe you should stop posting useless shit to make yourself feel better and actually try to help other vapers.
/rant
#5amnicotinerage

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

What a nice helpful thread this was until cunt head... Sorry, dick head puts in his or her useless dribble.

By the way , heard there will be a party at Dick heads house...... Parking shouldn't be a problem.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hollywood

Show Host
On a fresh build, It could be just not firing or torching the coils until they are red. I think maybe the clue here is that it all goes away after 20 or 30 pulls. Just using the KISS theory here.

r2beat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
On a fresh build, It could be just not firing or torching the coils until they are red. I think maybe the clue here is that it all goes away after 20 or 30 pulls. Just using the KISS theory here.
This looks like the most plausible theory but I don't understand what it means. It is always on a fresh build, I check my positive insulators(they are not melted), I wash my hands, and I wash the rda with hot soapy water(I make sure to rinse off everything). Could you ELI5 your first sentence? And is Keep It Simple, Stupid the kiss theory?

Last edited:

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No matter what juice or wick or coil I use I keep getting a chemical sort of taste for the first 20-50 pulls. It started happening recently. Anybody know whats happening?
It could be vape tongue but also man which RDA I missed it make sure that if there is plating on the screws or on the base make sure its not burning man also check your seals I had this happen on an old IGO-w about a year ago and man it tasted like chemicals just another idea

r2beat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It could be vape tongue but also man which RDA I missed it make sure that if there is plating on the screws or on the base make sure its not burning man also check your seals I had this happen on an old IGO-w about a year ago and man it tasted like chemicals just another idea
Its all my RDA's (454, helios, 4xplume veils, zenith v2, mephisto, and couple others). I don't think it's vapors tongue since the chemical flavor goes away after 20+ pulls. If there is a plating on the screws and base, how would I prevent them from burning? Or do I have to buen them completely off?

VU Sponsors