Become a Patron!

US warns liquid nicotine makers: Packages can’t look like kids’ candy

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, the issue always was that the idiot adults were the ones that would buy it and wave it around.

Same sorta' thing as the nitwits that vape "clouds, bro" out in the "'dane world" - it offends the sensibilities of the Muggles, and you already know the last couple decades are all about "I am offended".

(If I really cared, I'd love to dive into a 'study' of the packaging: if it's more professional looking, is it a better product or worse?)

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
In what universe does this look like "candy packaging":

nic_pkging.jpg

In nearly 57 yrs of life, I have NEVER seen any candy pkging that even slightly resembled this.

Andria

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

View attachment 109970

In nearly 57 yrs of life, I have NEVER seen any candy pkging that even slightly resembled this.

Andria
Well, my glycube has the same issues. Bastards are all about Professional! ;-)

You will never, ever convince the unwashed majority to mix their own, learn some courtesy, or even act responsibly. (Btw, depressing as it sounds, everyone I work with uses - almost exclusively - fat, tall squeeze bottles with cartoon-colorful labels and idiotic names. I despair of ever getting them to just bloody mix their own)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, my glycube has the same issues. Bastards are all about Professional! ;-)

You will never, ever convince the unwashed majority to mix their own, learn some courtesy, or even act responsibly. (Btw, depressing as it sounds, everyone I work with uses - almost exclusively - fat, tall squeeze bottles with cartoon-colorful labels and idiotic names. I despair of ever getting them to just bloody mix their own)

I'm trying to figure out why I should care about idiots like that having continued recourse to such asinine products. I really don't. If they're too stupid to figure out for themselves how to keep vaping once the FDA gets done showing its collective bureaucratic ass, not my problem.

Andria

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't really give a rat's-ass about the idiots, (nor the I-Am-Offended dickweeds), but.. Between the two we always get gefuckt at the legislative and judicial levels. Never Fails.

I'm set to continue for years, either way, and I don't much care about the local, state or federal. It's still a level of frustration with fools above and below and around.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Never been to a b&m that didn't carry such shit - nor hump&dump.

Note also that a ton of the stuff Joe posts on sale will similarly be packaged.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Here it is again...

IMG_6327.jpg

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You act like accuracy and Truth matters.. Have you been hiding for 50 of those years?

Yeah, mostly; I'm mostly a hermit.. because those things DO matter to me.

Andria

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nothing wrong with basic self-morales and courtesy. just never, ever expect it from The World.

It's actually worse than Trust out here.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Haha I want that! Just to have has a conversation piece.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer

View attachment 109970

Andria

I rather think they are talking about mixed bottles of E-Liquid. You know the bottles with a label that looks like Captain Crunch Cereal or Gummy Bears/.

Just print a label with the usual warnings, mix ratios and the name of the flavor and have done with it.

Problem solved!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I rather think they are talking about mixed bottles of E-Liquid. You know the bottles with a label that looks like Captain Crunch Cereal or Gummy Bears/.

Just print a label with the usual warnings, mix ratios and the name of the flavor and have done with it.

Problem solved!

The problem will never be solved, because the problem is sub-normal intelligence -- it's an epidemic! ;)

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Loki Vapes

Member For 4 Years
if you think about it we as a community have been bugging these companies to change there branding for years cause it makes the rest of the community look bad. as far as whats going on with flavors i know i did all i could with the survey and passing it around im not sure how many we got for the survey but i know 3 days before it ended i looked and say wen only had like 24,000 participants. wich if you look at how many people are on this site or how many people watch youtube reviewers and only 24,000. that shit pisses me off there is no excuse for it

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
if you think about it we as a community have been bugging these companies to change there branding for years cause it makes the rest of the community look bad. as far as whats going on with flavors i know i did all i could with the survey and passing it around im not sure how many we got for the survey but i know 3 days before it ended i looked and say wen only had like 24,000 participants. wich if you look at how many people are on this site or how many people watch youtube reviewers and only 24,000. that shit pisses me off there is no excuse for it

You're right, considering that *I* was one of the 24,000 and I haven't bought ejuice in god only knows how long; 2-3 yrs at the very least. So whatever happens to "flavored ejuice" is really immaterial to me, I make my own, and I really can't see FDA making "flavors" illegal, I think the "Big Food" would have a lot to say about that. But I know that pre-made ejuice is significant to those just starting, and this really pisses me off. I guess "homosapiens" aren't supposed to like good flavors in anything.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hobbiest vapers on boards are a tiny minority of vapers.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
<shrug> Joining and Expecting.. It's worse than 'party-affiliation' and waving a poster with all your whole gunsafe contents for the world to see.. With a map to the safe on the other side.

I fail to understand why anyone would expect vapers to just trot on out and fill out surveys - it worked so well when we were smokers? It works so well for gun-owners?

I'd rather see the vendors form their organization and wave their signs in mobs while chanting - and filling out surveys. In fact, several years back several organizations like CASAA were born - all about getting legislation passed.

Congrats, legislation all over the place. Next?

VU Sponsors