Become a Patron!

Use Your VUSE. Seriously...

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now, before y'all break out the flamethrowers, hang with me for a sec...
Got a coupon for a free VUSE and a 2 pk of cartridges in the mail yesterday and had my wife pick up the kit when she went to get gas.
Why?
It sure as hell isn't to support RJ Reynolds. In fact it's exactly the opposite- just cost big tobacco almost $15 retail! If just a portion of VU members did that, imagine the money it would deprive them of.
But here's the fun part- let's see how many different ways we can come up with to 'Use a VUSE' cuz they sure aren't any good for vaping!
Use your coupons, come up with all sorts of twisted, evil, clever or downright funny things you can do with a VUSE and post the pictures here!
I'll be posting some pics as soon as my trick hip allows to take them, but I've got some pretty wicked ideas...

Fuzzy Bruce

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I would be up for an abused your vuse thread if it was free. After spending thirty years worth of cigarette money to big tobacco, I would not spend another penny to line their pockets!

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yup. Coupon only here.
I'd never pay for a piece of junk like that, especially when it's from a cigarette company.
Interestingly, they say on their packaging that each cartridge is equivalent to a pack of cigarettes (a lie, as we all know) and the retail cost is the same as a pack.
Kinda negates one of the attractive things about vaping- saving money.

L

Lighty269

I would help, but I did not receive a coupon. I am not going to spend another dime on them.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
VUSE = ENEMY .....just saying. lol. Even though I agree it is better than smoking...if thats all you can use, go for it!

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Please, NO ONE spend money on these! But if you happen to get a free coupon in the mail, then, by all means, redeem it and trash the VUSE in a warped, creative way.
I wouldn't even PIF this POS but I'm more than happy to waste RJ Reynolds' money.

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Most creative thing I could think of on short notice: send them as a gag gift to your least fave person and call them "suppositories."

EthelMaltol

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Great idea! You could also use it to show smokers. Have them try the Vuse and then your mod, see which one they prefer! :)

KREAM

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Copied from the vuse site:
How much nicotine does the VUSE Digital Vapor Cigarette contain?

The VUSE Digital Vapor Cigarette liquid contains 4.8% nicotine. This is comparable to the nicotine amounts of other e-cigarette products on the market.

Is this shit for real or does RJR just not understand nicotine concentrations? If you buy/make juice that has a nicotine content of 24mg/ml, in percentage speak, the nicotine content of the juice is 2.4%. That's based on the percentage of nicotine in a 100mg/ml solution. Each 1mg/ml of juice contains by volume 0.1% nicotine and 99.9% pg/vg/flavor. So using this calculation, if a vuse ecig has 4.8% nicotine, that's a 48mg cigalike. :eek:

I vaped 36mg for more than 4 years and now vape 24mg. Back in the day, I vaped a few hits of 48mg for shits and giggles and all it gave me was a major headache. That's way too strong for a new vaper so I wonder if they're actually using pure nicotine, 1000mg/ml, at their lab. That would then make vuse juice approx 5mg, which might be too little nicotine for someone trying to quit.

So whether 48mg or 5mg, seems like a FAIL to me. But now I really want a coupon so I can try one myself. :cool:

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Copied from the vuse site:

Is this shit for real or does RJR just not understand nicotine concentrations? If you buy/make juice that has a nicotine content of 24mg/ml, in percentage speak, the nicotine content of the juice is 2.4%. That's based on the percentage of nicotine in a 100mg/ml solution. Each 1mg/ml of juice contains by volume 0.1% nicotine and 99.9% pg/vg/flavor. So using this calculation, if a vuse ecig has 4.8% nicotine, that's a 48mg cigalike. :eek:

I vaped 36mg for more than 4 years and now vape 24mg. Back in the day, I vaped a few hits of 48mg for shits and giggles and all it gave me was a major headache. That's way too strong for a new vaper so I wonder if they're actually using pure nicotine, 1000mg/ml, at their lab. That would then make vuse juice approx 5mg, which might be too little nicotine for someone trying to quit.

So whether 48mg or 5mg, seems like a FAIL to me. But now I really want a coupon so I can try one myself. :cool:
I'm seriously considering getting one of the cartridges to a friend that works in a medical lab. She has a gas chromatograph. Be interesting to see exactly how many chemicals they pack these things with...

Cavediver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm seriously considering getting one of the cartridges to a friend that works in a medical lab. She has a gas chromatograph. Be interesting to see exactly how many chemicals they pack these things with...
What's the cost for a test like that?
Will it list the entire array of chemicals, or do you have to ask for them to look for specific items?

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What's the cost for a test like that?
Will it list the entire array of chemicals, or do you have to ask for them to look for specific items?
Don't know the cost but basically it gives you the complete chemical composition of a sample.
Whatever is in there will be picked up and represented on a graph.

KREAM

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Well since Big Tobacco wants to get rid of flavors, I wonder if they're doing natural extractions with all the tobacco we're not buying to make their juice. If so, I would imagine the gas chromatograph will find all kinds of shit.

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well since Big Tobacco wants to get rid of flavors, I wonder if they're doing natural extractions with all the tobacco we're not buying to make their juice. If so, I would imagine the gas chromatograph will find all kinds of shit.
Kinda what I'm thinking.

Roger Schaeffer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
vuse_zps97b21e18.jpg
Vuse cartridge "borrowed" from that other forum I won't say name as I do not want to get banned[they have undercover agents over here]

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Interesting. I kinda hate to say it, but that's actually a pretty ingenious cartridge design.
I wonder what the filler material is.
I talked to my friend at the lab and she said she couldn't run samples without an approved test ticket from her boss. Darn.
Will keep searching online to see if I can get a breakdown of the chemical composition in them.
Probably not, but it never hurts to try

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
saw a tv commercial for those POS for the first time last nite. had to giggle at the high tech concept, with serious looking scientists diligently working in laboratories coming up with this crap. sad thing is, people that don't know any better will buy them and think it's cutting edge vaping stuff. pathetic.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
saw a tv commercial for those POS for the first time last nite. had to giggle at the high tech concept, with serious looking scientists diligently working in laboratories coming up with this crap. sad thing is, people that don't know any better will buy them and think it's cutting edge vaping stuff. pathetic.
Hard working scientists you say..

back-to-the-future-.jpg

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
They really should show those retarded baby ducks from the ecc video... nothing says vape strong like neck beards and basement dwellers... besides that is vuse's core demographics.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They really should show those retarded baby ducks from the ecc video... nothing says vape strong like neck beards and basement dwellers... besides that is vuse's core demographics.
someone aught to send that video to the fda and tell them to use it as a commercial against us

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
someone aught to send that video to the fda and tell them to use it as a commercial against us
But it would not be pandering to the middle eastern gentlemen which they fully love to throw in our faces.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
But it would not be pandering to the middle eastern gentlemen which they fully love to throw in our faces.
i would be doing a lot of things i guess, but it wouldn't amount to anything other than people stopping and pointing at those two dudes whenever they walk down the street he eheh

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
i would be doing a lot of things i guess, but it wouldn't amount to anything other than people stopping and pointing at those two dudes whenever they walk down the street he eheh
LOL I got the Dr. Who "A good man goes to war" line in my head but it is sounding more like Private waddle off instead of Col. Runaway.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOL I got the Dr. Who "A good man goes to war" line in my head but it is sounding more like Private waddle off instead of Col. Runaway.
i had to google that and almost felt shame when i got the results
post-6-1294210373.png

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The commercial really gets under my skin. They use the phrase 'tobacco experts'
To me, that means they are good at getting you addicted and keeping you hooked until you die...
what pisses me off is they're the only one's that can afford to buy tv ad space

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
i had to google that and almost felt shame when i got the results
post-6-1294210373.png
It was Matt Smith's best line scene IMHO.
Can't stand trying to translate what this crapaldi schmoe is trying to mumble out... Moffet needs a kick to the taint.

VU Sponsors