Become a Patron!

Using 18mg nicotine.. harsh on throat need help

Hi all, looking for help, I'm using the smok stick v8 with .25 coils. My 18mg nicotine liquid arrived in the post, i mixed it up (15ml:15ml ratio) with half a bottle of singler i had left over cause I'm impatient and couldn't wait to get a doubler on pay day.. it's harsh as all hell! Have i made a huge mistake or something? I'm new to nicotine vaping, was just using 0mg juice while still smoking cigarettes until my nicotine arrived, now i wanna get off the smokes and vape instead! Please help me out! Cheers.

Those super sub-ohm coils typically make anything over 3 mgs of nic super harsh
So in your opinion should i go back to the .15 coil that came pre installed with the vape, will that that make a difference? Or is there any way i can mix up differently to reduce the harsh hits?

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
So in your opinion should i go back to the .15 coil that came pre installed with the vape, will that that make a difference? Or is there any way i can mix up differently to reduce the harsh hits?

The .15 ohm coil is even lower than the .25 you are using

More than likely, you will need to lower your nic while using sub ohm coils

You can try getting the same juice you have at 18mg strength with a 0 nic and see if it smooths it out some,

Few people can vape more than 3 mg nic on coils that are under 1 ohm. Some do, but not very many.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I use 6-12 mg nic in all types of rigs with low ohms. Personally I use just VG, I get slight PG from the concentrates used in DIY liquids I make, I never add any PG itself. High PG along with high nic is unbearable for me to vape, 90-95% VG is just fine.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
12mg-18mg is for Tootie Puffers @ => 1.5 Ohm's. Subohm I'd start with 6mg then work down.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I started sub-ohm at 6mg. After a few months went down to 5, then 3 months later down to 4. Each time I decreased was due to an increasing harshness, even though nothing else had changed. I guess it's almost inevitable for many. I suspect I'll be at 3 soon.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I started sub-ohm at 6mg. After a few months went down to 5, then 3 months later down to 4. Each time I decreased was due to an increasing harshness, even though nothing else had changed. I guess it's almost inevitable for many. I suspect I'll be at 3 soon.
Same here.. as i got used to lower nicotine, i became more sensitive to it. Finally settled on 3mg at 20/80 pg/vg.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Going from Zero to 9 or 18MG.............. Whatever it is you mixed up will be harsh.

VU Sponsors